I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gogglebox!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gogglebox!
    Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 20:37
I love this program!! (nobody else in the house will watch it tho)
was so fed up after Friday on placement, had to watch this for a laugh!!

My favs are Sandy and Sandra, Scarlett & mum and dad (newcastle or thereabouts) the posh pair from Kent, the 2 young hairdressers. The two young men with their dad (in yorkshire?)
It does make me laugh!!!

edit oops forgot, s/b in TV section

Edited by deborah31 - 08 Mar 2015 at 20:39
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 22:19
His nibs and I watch every episode. Love Sandy and Sandra. Has the son in the German husband's family ever said anything? His hair is better this season but honestly, what is he there for?!!! He is so funny and does absolutely nothing.

Liked Steph and Dom until the other night when they laughed at the beheading of Anne Boleyn. Several of us were watching and all thought the same. A bit, well a lot, inappropriate.

I like the fact that whichever house you go to, whether it's young chicks flinging themselves off the highest rocks ever, or trying to sort oout a clue in Only Connect, whatever the class, wherever in the country, you often watch the same reaction in every house.

The hairdressers are hilarious. I thought they were still a couple but found out they're not. They act as if they are.

Sandra's diet and exercise routine is hilarious. Poor Sandy seems to be doing most of the exercise while Sandra sits on the sofa having her leg yanked up and down by a very good and understanding friend!

Why doesn't your household like it Debs? We all chat about it here, either by text or IM Chat room. My friend's niece who has just gone to Oxford, well she's in her 2nd term, has Gogglebox nights. She and her friends meet in one of their rooms each week and bring a bottle of wine or nibbles and have a great time. Crosses all ages.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 23:26
We have our own version here, but must admit I haven't watched a single episode. I will try to watch this week's one. I heard the producer's interview on the radio the other day and said it was quite an interesting process signing up families to be involved. He said they sent out people to Bondi Beach and a few other places to sign up people for the program. Trying to convince some was easy, others were harder to convince. Apparently it's doing quite well.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 23:46
I did say to my sister that if she was ever approached to be part of the program she would have to decline. She sits down to watch TV after dinner and falls asleep after 15 minutes.
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 11:03
I felt the same as you SueM, the beheading of Ann Boleyn was totally inappropriate in my eyes with what is happening in the world these days.. but my daughter disagreed saying it's Gallows humour..maybe it's just me feeling my age lately but it just felt too close to the bone.. anyone else have any other views?.. I've never been a killjoy before.. god I hope I'm not gonna be a cantankerous old biddy in a few years time!!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 18:43
they all think it's a load of rubbish here!!! hubby wouldn't be caught dead watching it. i forgot about the german - he's f***ing hilarious (he does swear a lot) , i found the bear grylls funny this week, where they had to drink their own urine!! i talk to my friend about it weekly on the telephone. they mostly watch films, and american series here, i don't watch either of those. I'm missing the family greek cypriot guy with the two children i heard a rumour a while go, he was standing for a political party , so would be excluded
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 22:05
Yes, debs. He was told it was appear on prog or stand for parliament. He couldn't do both. Shame. Perhaps afterwards he could come back as they were a good bunch.

Bear Grylls hilarious. I said I couldn't do it but my other half said if I had to I would! I am now making sure we go nowhere further than thelocal farm shop or Aldi. The trip to the rainforest has been cancelled!
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 03:15
i to love those two sandra and sandy they make me laugh think she rally loves her derek

like dom and step to wondered if they would be on there this year as he took part in the jump

that othr family got the push because of big brother

moonshine
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 06:53
I got round to watching an episode. It was OK, but I'm not likely to be watching it every week.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 16:23
Do you have an Australian version Margi? The UK version will suit us here prob a lot better as we will know the background story or it will apply to recent UK subjects.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 07:03
I love it, I can't believe its the last one this week. I think my faves are the Newcastle family, the young girl is just hysterical. I actually do like all of the people on it though.

I read somewhere the lad who never speaks, although he hasn't been on it for ages, was the girls boyfriend and they broke up.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 19:05
I laugh at the family in Manchester too, with all their BIG dogs!!! Dave, Pete etc.. (and Joe- the cremated one!)

oh and poor Leon and his crackers/diet.
I also like the newly added couple in their cottage somewhere (can't remember the names) sound very posh tho! (altho seem to live quite frugely, if their mending cupboard is anything to go by)
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 00:44
Mary is the wife, I like him, he's really funny.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 19:11
Mary and Giles in the newspaper today, seems friends of Boris Johnson and family!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply