I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nobby

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nobby
    Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 19:35
Are you out there Nobby. Not heard from you for a while and you haven't posted much recently. Hope you are ok. Anyone else heard from him?
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 07:16
                                            Calling NOBBY
Where be yer Nobbers?
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 18:10
Originally posted by Toots

Calling NOBBY<font size="3" color="#FFFFFF">Where be yer Nobbers?

Well that should do something Toots! He can't miss it! He wasn't his usual self in SCD 2014 blog. I.e. not on as often. Hope he reads this.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 07:08
Shame we can't PM on here because he has been in
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 10:29
Am thinking about reinstating pms we took it away because few years ago people were getting pmd by new members begging for money and it was a problem then but have  a filter now to stop people joining with spamming email addresses so will look into the pm thing again

Nobby is on my twitter have pmd him on there to let him know re this thread
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 15:30
Originally posted by Toots

Shame we can't PM on here because he has been in

What does PM mean? Sorry - not up on jargon!!! Only just found battleships on my computer!
nobbyec View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap
Nobby No Mates

Quote nobbyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 17:05
Hi everybody, I a well but am sad to report my wife sadly passed away in Dec 2013 and as I used to watch SCD with her it was a bit more hit and miss in 2014 as to whether or not I was in to watch it.
plays with odd shaped balls
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 17:16
Oh Nobby love. I know what it's like. We lost our daughter in 2010. There were so many 'markers' through the year... Christmas, birthdays, Easter, holidays and umpteen silly little dates that only meant something to us. Times which used to be happy turned into times one just got through. They loomed on the calender and we just gritted our teeth and got through it as best we could.
It must be much, much worst for you because the other half which made you a whole, has gone.
Time has a way of rubbing the hard edges off the painful memories, but it doesn't happen quickly.
I have more or less dropped off the forum, I  found a lovely one where no ones is better than the others. I had an email this evening to look in here and I found your post. I shan't be back in for a while now, but I'm sending virtual hugs your way
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 19:49
I'm so sorry for your loss Nobby xx
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 20:42
Oh Nobby I am so sorry to read this. I haven't lost my other half but have recently lost my brother so Toots is so right when she says you mark event like Xmas, birthdays......anniversaries.

I sent this to my friend who lost her friend last year. She cried but she has put it on her mantlepiece. I hope it helps.

You can shed tears that she is gone
      Or you can smile
        Because she has lived.

You can close your eyes
And wish that she’ll come back,
      Or you can open your eyes
          And see all she’s left.

You can remember her
     And only that she’s gone,
Or you can cherish her memory
     And let it live on.

Keep in touch via General if you like. A lot of your friends are here.

Night night petal. XXX
nobbyec View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap
Nobby No Mates

Quote nobbyec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2015 at 20:40
Thanks for your kind words, 14 months on and its easier most of the time but it's time like this sat here on a Sat night on my own that I miss her most, She battled bravely against cancer without complaint for many years but 52 was far to young
plays with odd shaped balls
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 14:48
The weekends and middle of the nights are the worse times. Weekends are suddenly very long and empty. Or that's how it can feel. Do you still see friends at the weekend or do they have the problem of not knowing what to say? After 14 months they are hopefully able to help you now.

I actually went to counselling. The first woman was terrible and I ended up helping her rather than vice versa! The 2nd one was a teacher, like me, and she was brilliant. I wasn't repaired quickly but I did start to learn how I could cope better.

52 is too young. You are so right and it is so unfair. She will have been lucky to have you by her side, from what I've learned about you via your blog entries.

My brother was 49 and my cousin 39. It leads you to start doubting your own mortality. I just try to be aware of my own mortality and take life a day at a time. I've noticed I don't plan too far ahead these days. I'm not well but if I get to the end of each day satisfied with how I got there, that'll have to do!

We are thinking of you here P. If you still feel in the mire try counselling if you haven't already. Don't be a stranger. You may not like watching SCD when it comes back so just stay in the General for now. XXX
 Post Reply Post Reply