I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yooo Hooo!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yooo Hooo!
    Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 08:35
Nice to be able to pop back in for a short while. How is everyone? Anyone heard from Aida? She's had a pretty rough trot for quite a long while.
 Thank you to the people keeping those of us who don't post, up to speed.
We are both fine, we should have been taking part in the dog walk in aid of Hearing Dogs for the Deaf, but our old lab is a fat old tart and no way could she do the distance and we couldn't find a dog to borrowLOL
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 14:24
Hi Toots. Nice to meet you! We'll lend you our dog next time.

You haven't been on for ages according to the logs. Just looked you up! Hope you've been well.

Take care. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 15:04
Originally posted by SueM

You haven't been on for ages according to the logs. Just looked you up! Hope you've been well.

Take care. XXX

Yes, thank you Sue. Fit as a flea. It's nice to meet you too. Our dog is a large black lab the size of a donkey with a brain the size of a pea. People think she is a great dane. She's had a few health problems when younger. She will be 11 this year and spends her time snoozing and . What sort of dog do you have?going for sedate walks.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 16:07
Good to see you in this neck of the woods Toots
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 20:25
hello all, haven't had time to chat /email, been busy with mentalhealth support courses this week, learning all about the latest drugs out there!!! (especially for schizophrenia) projects, more groupwork, tenant issues, and just got my placement with the child protection team in two weeks time for two weeks, so busy, off to my father-in-laws tomorrow, to help get him a fence quote (he's been quite ill, and still not 'quite right' or back to his usual self. i've just had to phone him to remind him, he's probably forgotten by the morning. Then off to meet some contractors, then should be able to squeeze in a bit of group work for my Tuesday college, tomorrow, after kids sports, food shop etc..and son's football on sunday, bit of a headache today, tried to squeeze in too much this week, couldn't look at pc until tonight, i got those 'squiggly' lines thought a migraine was on it's way, but just a slight headache now.

hope you all well, nice to hear from you toots!
deb.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 22:37
Originally posted by deborah31

hello all, haven't had time to chat /email, been busy with mentalhealth support courses this week, learning all about the latest drugs out there!!! (especially for schizophrenia) projects, more groupwork, tenant issues, and just got my placement with the child protection team in two weeks time for two weeks, so busy, off to my father-in-laws tomorrow, to help get him a fence quote (he's been quite ill, and still not 'quite right' or back to his usual self. i've just had to phone him to remind him, he's probably forgotten by the morning. Then off to meet some contractors, then should be able to squeeze in a bit of group work for my Tuesday college, tomorrow, after kids sports, food shop etc..and son's football on sunday, bit of a headache today, tried to squeeze in too much this week, couldn't look at pc until tonight, i got those 'squiggly' lines thought a migraine was on it's way, but just a slight headache now.

Please be carreful Debs. Try and balance play and work. I'm living |just!) proof that if you don't it comes up and bites you on the bum. When are you going to get some Deb chill time? XXX

hope you all well, nice to hear from you toots!
deb.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 22:41
Originally posted by Toots

Originally posted by SueM

Take care. XXX
Yes, thank you Sue. Fit as a flea. It's nice to meet you too. Our dog is a large black lab the size of a donkey with a brain the size of a pea. People think she is a great dane. She's had a few health problems when younger. She will be 11 this year and spends her time snoozing and . What sort of dog do you have?going for sedate walks.

She sounds lovely. Our border collie certainly doesn't equate to sedate walks!!! Totally neurotic but very intelligent. Hard work but great fun and well trained (so we've been told). Night night. XXX
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 10:11
Thanks for the welcome back. There may be a few of us returning over the next few weeks... depending on which way the wind is blowing... as 'twereWhistle

SUE We had a border collie back in the 70's, most intelligent dog we ever had. We used to have Jack Russell's and one of them, a rescue dog, taught himself to pick up when our autistic and epileptic daughter was about to have a seizure. He would nose her to safety and steadily bark for us to come. Remarkable. No one knew how he did it. When he died she mourned him very much. Her consultant advised us to get another dog, but not a J.R. because she would expect it to be the same. So that's how we got a lab. When our daughter died in 2010, the blinking dog mourned her and nearly died. It was like some wacky roundabout. As it is now, we can't leave the lab to go on holiday because she suffers from separation anxiety
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 01:33
Hi Toots. I missed you here so, so glad you're back.

I had a nice relaxing time over the last few weeks, on a short cruise in December with my sisters and niece (brother-in-law quite happy to have the house to himself). My niece went to her university summer school in Turkey for 3 weeks in January with a couple of days on the Greek Island of Lesbos for her Classical Studies degree. She went with 2 lecturers and another 39 students. Not really a holiday (although they did have some free time) as she had to submit a 1000 word assignment before they went, do a presentation to the group over there and each evening after their daily excursion to a museum or ancient historical site attended evening seminars. She had to submit a 5000 word journal by today and has another 4000 word assignment due soon. She only has one semester to go before she graduates. I am very proud of her as she got a casual job last year and paid for the trip herself. My sister bought my niece a down jacket to wear over there. My niece didn't want to take it initially as " it only gets as cold as Canberra in winter" she said. She took it and it snowed in Istanbul. She was so glad she took it.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 08:55
There's a few more might come back in the near future Margi, we will just wait and see. How is summer treating you? I usually love the winter but this one has been a hard one for Mark and me and we shall be glad to see the spring. We've had cold, coughs, aches and pains. You name it, we've had it this winter.
Do you watch the Dr Blake Mysteries? We have found them by accident and have bought the DVD's. A little gem of a program and isn't Ballarat (sp?) lovely.
Dolly View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Dolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 11:46
I'm testing the water too. Nice to be back. Check your e mail Toots, got a new handle

Edited by Dolly - 08 Feb 2015 at 11:47
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 13:07

There's a few more might come back in the near future Margi, we will just wait and see. How is summer treating you? I usually love the winter but this one has been a hard one for Mark and me and we shall be glad to see the spring. We've had cold, coughs, aches and pains. You name it, we've had it this winter.Do you watch the Dr Blake Mysteries? We have found them by accident and have bought the DVD's. A little gem of a program and isn't Ballarat (sp?) lovely.

I hope you and Mark get over the winter ailments soon. We have the opposite. The start of summer was one of the hottest and wettest summers we have had in Sydney. We were getting ready for the bushfire season in November by cutting down some trees that were too close to the house (the NSW Government enacted new laws that allowed householders to cut down trees without council permission in areas that the Rural Fire service deemed too close to bushland. We have bushland one street behind us). Having done that it rained on an off for weeks like tropical rainstorms with minor flooding. High temperatures and high humidity makes it hot and sticky for everyone. Does one perspire, sweat or glow? Thank goodness for air conditioning.

I have watch the occasional episode of Dr Blake. Craig McLaughlin is pretty versatile. Between series he has been playing in The Rocky Horror Picture Show as Franknfurter. He has been asked to reprise the role for the 40th anniversary production. He said that he was glad he was asked for the 40th and not the 50th as his backside probably wouldn't be in the same position any more. Balllarat is beautiful. Very historic gold mining town in the 1860s.

Edited by MargiABC - 08 Feb 2015 at 13:08
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 14:18
I love the Dr Blake Mysteries. Ballarat looks gorgeous. He's off air at the mo' and we've got the Father Brown stories.Do you get those Margi? Mark Williams is great in the role, but I always struggle with the Inspector telling him to go away and stop interfering, when the Father always solves the cases for him. Big lack of appreciation - until the last one in this series where he got a scroll thanking him for his services!

Unlike Japp who appreciates Poirot!

Well done your niece Margi. Obviously a grafter. My best wishes to her as I know ow hard she'll be working. Been there, made DVD and worn T shirt!! My other half has just got his B.A. hons with a 2:1 in Education while maintaining a full time job. Let us know how she does.

You have a lovely sounding home Toots. It has to be for our animals to do all they can for us without us asking them to. They wouldn't do it if they didn't love us. Was hoping to send you an e mail (for reasons not on here!) 'though you may have guessed by now. Just glad to see you back from last year. This years's SCD seemed to be more balanced this year on this blog. What do you think? XXX
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 15:05
Isn't Mark Williams great as Father Brown Sue? We've got the DVD's Lovely to watch in bed before you go to sleep. We've also got the Death in Paradise set... All that sun is a perfect antidote to a cold February day.
Have you see the Murdoch Mysteries?  We found the show by accident and have bought a few DVD's to catch up
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 15:09
Originally posted by MargiABC

There's a few more might come back in the near future Margi, we will just wait and see. How is summer treating you? I usually love the winter but this one has been a hard one for Mark and me and we shall be glad to see the spring. We've had cold, coughs, aches and pains. You name it, we've had it this winter.Do you watch the Dr Blake Mysteries? We have found them by accident and have bought the DVD's. A little gem of a program and isn't Ballarat (sp?) lovely.

I hope you and Mark get over the winter ailments soon. We have the opposite. The start of summer was one of the hottest and wettest summers we have had in Sydney. We were getting ready for the bushfire season in November by cutting down some trees that were too close to the house (the NSW Government enacted new laws that allowed householders to cut down trees without council permission in areas that the Rural Fire service deemed too close to bushland. We have bushland one street behind us). Having done that it rained on an off for weeks like tropical rainstorms with minor flooding. High temperatures and high humidity makes it hot and sticky for everyone. Does one perspire, sweat or glow? Thank goodness for air conditioning.

I have watch the occasional episode of Dr Blake. Craig McLaughlin is pretty versatile. Between series he has been playing in The Rocky Horror Picture Show as Franknfurter. He has been asked to reprise the role for the 40th anniversary production. He said that he was glad he was asked for the 40th and not the 50th as his backside probably wouldn't be in the same position any more. Balllarat is beautiful. Very historic gold mining town in the 1860s.

I know the feeling MargiLOL

Edited by Toots - 08 Feb 2015 at 15:10
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 19:49

Isn't Mark Williams great as Father Brown Sue? We've got the DVD's Lovely to watch in bed before you go to sleep. We've also got the Death in Paradise set... All that sun is a perfect antidote to a cold February day.Have you see the Murdoch Mysteries?  We found the show by accident and have bought a few DVD's to catch up

You must be watching everything we're watching Toots! My friend has fallen in love with Murdoch but she's only got Freeview and hates the fact we see him on Sky!They've got a good cast there.

Death in Paradise is a must in our house. A bit of winter escapism. Do you like it with Chris instead of Ben in the lead role? We do tho we are waiting to see how is will settle without his usual sidekick who's hopped it to France!! New girl looks hopeful. I've fallen for the lizard tho not sure if it's real or CGI!

Your DVD selection sounds brilliant. We treated ourselves to the box set of Jeeves and Wooster, and I'd like the Inspector Alleyn set. They are great for a wet and windy Sunday afternoon with a huge mug of hot chocolate.

See how you go this year on here petal until SCD comes round. Then we'll have to see how things go. Not as much aggro or favouritism in the 2014 series blog. Fingers crossed we can all say what we think. A lot of new people signed up last year. Not much from Nathan who puts it down to doing his uni course (at last!!) - bless him. Quite a few names missing if you look. Certainly missed you, hence the fact I'd love to e mail you but no prob!

Going for a long bath with some bath balls/salts I got for Christmas. Just back from visiting mum in rehab. She broke her hip 3 weeks ago and at 85 it's no laughing matter. It would have been dad's birthday today as well so just keeping an eye on her. Love to the hound! XXX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>