I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yooo Hooo!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 08:11
That's good news Sue that we are now allowed an opinion. Last e mail I had from Nathan, he was busy with his uni stuff.

We find so little to watch on the telly that we turn more and more to DVD's and audio books.
We have all the Alleyn oodunnits (well worth a look) and all the Campion & Mrs Bradley Mysteries not to mention Miss Marple and Poirot on DVD.
My mum passed away a year ago... end stage dementia. As they get older, we worry more don't we Sue?
We only have Freeview too. Tell your pal that my friend in Montreal delivered one of Yannick's (Murdoch) daughters and he is lovely. Unassuming and modest. I like George
meself.... If I was 40 years younger...Dance

Ps I wish we could send PM's on here

Edited by Toots - 09 Feb 2015 at 08:12
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 15:28
Originally posted by Toots

That's good news Sue that we are now allowed an opinion. Last e mail I had from Nathan, he was busy with his uni stuff.We find so little to watch on the telly that we turn more and more to DVD's and audio books.We have all the Alleyn oodunnits (well worth a look) and all the Campion & Mrs Bradley Mysteries not to mention Miss Marple and Poirot on DVD.My mum passed away a year ago... end stage dementia. As they get older, we worry more don't we Sue?We only have Freeview too. Tell your pal that my friend in Montreal delivered one of Yannick's (Murdoch) daughters and he is lovely. Unassuming and modest. I like George meself.... If I was 40 years younger...DancePs I wish we could send PM's on here

If I tell Suz that Toots, she'll kill me!!!!

Got to find a way to get my e mail address to you. I WILL find a way!!!

Mum doing well. Crotcheting away in rehab!!!! The staff nurse is becoming a nan in April for the first time and I've told her to put an order in to mater!

Missed Nathan last year as he didn't say a lot. Neither did Nobby either come to thinnk of it.

Have you heard anything re Aida? People are asking but nothing coming back.

Love Mrs Bradley. Diana Rigg is excellent in it as is Neil D. Casting depts do very well putting certain groups of actors together and the writers do a great job. We like watching Rizzoli and Isles on Alibi. It's been on Freeview. I've got the books on my Kindle and have to divorce the TV series from the books. 11 books and heaps of episodes. You could be forgiven for thinking the 2 are not related.

Right off to have a rest - doc's orders - will watch Father Brown I recorded earlier today.

Take good care. XXX
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 17:05
Hey SueM.

Just email Bren and ask her to forward your email to Toots.

Glad to hear you're resting. Keep up the good work!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 17:27
Sue tomorrow I'll see if I can set up one of those free email accounts, put the e mail address on here. then you e mail that and then I can delete the account as soon as I hear from you. That way, we don't get spammed in our proper e mails.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 18:22

Sue tomorrow I'll see if I can set up one of those free email accounts, put the e mail address on here. then you e mail that and then I can delete the account as soon as I hear from you. That way, we don't get spammed in our proper e mails.

I've e mailed Nathan and asked him to forward my address to you. Looked like he knew your address but I coud be wrong.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 18:27
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Hey SueM.

Just email Bren and ask her to forward your email to Toots.

Glad to hear you're resting. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Jo.

Resting might be a bit OTT - you know me. Just cooking dinner but had a chill for 2 hours. Can't do any more as I feel very guilty and lazy!

How are you doing? Resting, chilling, behaving yourself? XXX
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 08:48
You are coming over loud and clear Sue... over and out.

Edited by Toots - 10 Feb 2015 at 15:51
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2015 at 21:08
Aww Sue. Don't feel guilty or lazy... Yes. I'm behaving myself

Just had a run in with my sister tho. Cross with myself.
I don't usually rise to the bait but she touched a nerve.

Oh well   
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 09:04

Isn't Mark Williams great as Father Brown Sue? We've got the DVD's Lovely to watch in bed before you go to sleep. We've also got the Death in Paradise set... All that sun is a perfect antidote to a cold February day.Have you see the Murdoch Mysteries?  We found the show by accident and have bought a few DVD's to catch up

I hand' really watched the Father Brown Mysteries Toots, until today and realised who the actor was. I didn't recognise his name, but then was able to see the actor and match the name to his face. He was in the Harry Potter movies as Mr Weasley and was in Dr Who playing Rory's father. He came out to Australia to co-host the 2012 DrWho Symphonic Spectacular with Alex Kingston.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2015 at 12:10
Thanks Margi, I didn't know that about the  Dr Who spectacular. He hosts a quiz show over here and comes over as a really nice, genuine man.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 12:38
My niece's high school violin teacher was in the orchestra for the Dr Who symphonic concert in Sydney in 2012 and the one we went to a couple of weeks ago. She had a photo taken with Mark Williams and sent us a copy at the time. When my niece took up the violin in high school she told her mother the name of the teacher, which sounded familiar to my sister. It turns out my sister taught her at preschool almost 30 years ago and at my niece's first violin concert the teacher saw my sister and called out "Miss Ellie", the name she called my sister at preschool.

Edited by MargiABC - 20 Feb 2015 at 12:40
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 14:33
Proves what goes around comes around Margi. Life throws up some wonderful curve balls at times.

Hope you are ok and nowhere near the horrendous weather in Queensland or the Northern Territories. Same thoughts for any of your friends who may be there as well.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 21:08
I'm in NSW, so OK thanks Sue. The reports from up north are terrible.

We've had other instances of coming across people again in teaching. My sister taught in preschool for 8 years and then moved into adult education teaching in technical colleges training child care workers. A student she taught in pre school, I taught in high school several years later. The student decided to work in child care and was taught by my sister.
Another student - same scenario except she didn't go onto child are. She trained to be a primary school teacher and ended up as principal at the primary school near my high school. When we went to meetings and she was there she couldn't bring herself to call me by my first name, only my formal name.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 21:31
Glad yo.u are all ok down there. Feel so sorry for the people caught up in it

I loved playing the violin. Got Grade 8 and then my diploma. Unfortunately I had an accident that led to me losing all feeling in my hands and wrists for a long time. I tried playing my violin and had lost all the ability to play properly. My fingers wouldn't work. Grade 8? I couldn't play grade1. I was mortified. I sold my violin bought for £2 2 shillings (yes I'm old enough to remember pre decimal) and got £1000 for it. It was sitting in the back of the music cupboard in my jumior school and my mum and dad bought it for me. They didn't want any of the £1k and I used some of it for private physio.

My other half bought me a new violin 3 years ago and I omly play it when he's out which he hates as he wants to hear me. My hands still hurt to this day and in the winter they are awful. I keep practising and my Handel Sonata is getting better. I recorded myself playing the 2nd violin part of The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba years and years ago on a tape recorder. I used to be able to play along and do the 1st violin part at full speed. Certainly sounds interesting when I do it now. More like Schoenberg on a bad day!!!! At least I've still got a sense of humour - sometimes!

Your niece sounds very talented. You must be very proud of her. Have you noticed that there are quite a few teachers on this blog? Escapism rules! Take care. XXXX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12