I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tennis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tennis
    Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 19:11
Is anyone watching/listening to the tennis from Down Under?

Good win today for Murray. Next up... the young Aussie.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 13:51
I've got friends who go to Melbourne in January every year to watch the tennis. Its on live everyday on channel 7. They have 4 free to air stations (3 show the same programming), but all 4 have got the tennis on. I catch bits of it. Turn to another channel - cricket - live.

deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 14:06
yes must confess we have the cricket(live) on here, will watch the final on Wednesday (it's on Sky here)
We watched KP batting yesterday, and then caught out, the Stars lost out to the Perth team.
haven't seen any tennis, altho heard Andy murray won (don't even watch wimbledon, altho have been to the Melbourne Open years ago, as VIP guests, so got to see Agassi on centre court with champagne etc.. courtesy of John Brown in Melbourne, and then watched a few of the older/retired players on the other courts- they were great)

Edited by deborah31 - 26 Jan 2015 at 14:07
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 19:13
I listen on the radio. The commentary is great.

Fingers crossed for Andy (sorry Margi )
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 07:02
That's OK Jo. Good luck to Nick tonight against Andy.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 08:22
I was just watching the pre-quarter-final match interviews and Nick Kyrgios is only 19 and 2 years ago was ranked 815. He did win the Boys junior Australian Open in 2013.

This quarter-final match against Andy Murray is one not to miss.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 10:42
Also on live TV in Australia is Australia vs United Arab Emirates in the semi final of the Asian World Cup. Australia is leading 2 - 0. Only 10 minutes left. Turned the tennis off for the next 10 mins.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 10:55
Australia now in the final of the Asian World Cup.

Not so good for Nick in the tennis.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 12:53
Kygrios is talented. He just lacks experience.
I think he'll be in the top 10 in a year or so.

Hope Murray can get to the final (and maybe win).
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 11:37
I have to agree with you there. I think Kygrios will be a powerhouse in a few years.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 17:11
Feel very flat after Murray's loss
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2015 at 20:57
What a fantastic win for Heather Watson
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2015 at 21:39
Great to see Andy win Queens again. Now for Wimbledon...
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 18:28
I saw it and thought he was fantastic. I think he could win Wimbledon if he could get over his mental block against Djokovic. If Andy comes up against him I get worried. He's lost to him 8 times now and D seems to play mind games with him. Going off court etc and making him wait. Andy can beat Rafa and Roger but needs some mental strength help from someone, somewhere!

Not watching Eastbourne. Get bored with the women's game as I can't pronounce half the Estern block lot and the grunting from the rest drives me nuts - well more nuts than I am normally.
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2015 at 18:08
Hey Sue. Good to see you

Murray's not in the same half of the draw...
so it's a potential final with Djokovic.

Hope Murray can stay mentally strong.
 Post Reply Post Reply