I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > The Reading Room
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Reading room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Reading room
    Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 16:11
Am I in the right place?!!!
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 16:12
yes sue 
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 18:20
Sue are you choosing the first book as it was your idea.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 18:46
think so Eviesmum am waiting for what it is going to enjoy this
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 21:12
I'm reading red Joan for my other book club.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 00:39
good?
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 07:41
Yes not too bad. Its an easy read thankfully after the few trawlers we've had recently
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 15:42
sorry I can't join in, as only reading Text's/manuals and non-fiction at the moment, might be ok in June!! - just ordered another Neil Thompson off Amazon!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 17:11
Picking one book for us all to read mihjt be difficult - and expensive - if we've not got it. Shall we all read a book of choice - fiction or non fiction - and review it on this site? That way Deb can join in if she wants to with her non fiction.

If everyone wants us to do one book per fortnight that's ok, but everyone reads at different rates etc. What do you think peeps? I also don't think I should pick all the books - unfair to everyone else!
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 17:13
At the moment I'm reading Tess Gerritson's new Rizzoli and Isles (no 11), Linda Bellingham's recent book and Len Goodman's book of his London. The latter is surprising me somewhat.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 19:52
Ok well ill read and review red Joan then. I read slowly, our books are monthly, would that be ok?
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 19:54
What was Linda's book like, I fancied reading it. I like an autobiography. I've read Katie pipers first one, that was good. My favourite was Warwick Davis's one. Loved that one.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 19:58
Originally posted by Eviesmum

Ok well ill read and review red Joan then. I read slowly, our books are monthly, would that be ok?

Absolutely brill! I'm just going to sign in when I've got something to say! My other half says good luck to all of you, so I'll keep my words to few. A miracle but I'll try.
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2015 at 20:08
I'm glad I'm reading Linda's book.Couldn't do it until now as a friend of a friend died last year of breast,stomach and bowel cancers. Her docs had missed it. She died after 10 days. Bit scared of what I might read but she has a wonderful way of looking at life.

The relationship between her and Michael, her husband, is very special. I haven't got the feeling that she is scared of the end, but just wants to be in control of how it happens. I'm half way thro and will come back when I'm further in.

What's Red Joan about? I'm sorry to admit I've not heard of it. You could have a convert by end of Jan.

I'm a quick reader due to university. We had to read a book a week, sometimes 2 books. No great hassle for me as I love reading. But I am sorry to say I have never been able to get into The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings or most of Charles Dickens - I find him quite depressing and can't do him and real life at the same time!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 17:20
ha..ha. I have never been a fan of the hobbit, lord of the rings stuff either, i have no idea what they are about?? well a ring of some sort, that gives power, that is it!! I also gave up on Harry Potter after about the 3rd book too. In this house, no-one reads novels !! (only film watching!!-and I don't really do that) my daughter hasn't read a novel in years!(apart from her GCSE ones last year, they were dreadful, i gave up on them too) and i have never known my husband to read a book beside a manual, he said having to read for work is enough!! He bought a kindle 2nd hand two years ago, off the internet, loaded with a 1000 books he hasn't read one yet on his travels, always catching up with minutes of meetings, and emails etc. Studying engineering at Uni, he never had to read a novel
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2015 at 17:27
the only books i have read btw in the last 3 years, are Linwood Barclay, and Lee Child, as i do like crime/thriller genre.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>