I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A place to call home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 12:40
It's a great show. It's filmed at a property near Camden called 'Camelot', which is only about 10km from here. In fact 2 members of my church were extras in it. There is a scene at a church fete in one of the early episodes where an older man is carrying a ladder to help set up. That's Fred from my church. I also know some others who were extras. One lady I used to work with 20 years ago and both she and Fred had been mayors of Camden at different times. They chose Camden and surrounds as some of the rural housing look like they have been in a time warp.

The production itself has it's own cliff hangers. Channel 7 commissioned the series and it was produced in 2012. They then announced that due to its success, a second series had been commissioned and was filmed in 2013. Then there were rumours that a third series was in the pipeline, but industry insiders were saying that none of the cast members had been signed up for a third series. The writers were working on a third series, then channel 7 axed the show, even though it was popular, but not with demographics that they wanted. The writers had to rewrite the ending so the show had an ending that supposedly tied up all loose ends, but it didn't really make sense in line with the characters story lines.
That was the production cliffhanger. Step in people power. Petitions and Facebook pages dedicated to having Channel 7 reverse their decision went into full swing. Six or seven months later people power won, but only if we have pay TV. Foxtel pay TV had agreed to resurrect the show with the original characters. They will show the first 2 series again, with the ending for series 2 as intended by the writers. This is the annoying part for me, as they will make at least one more series, but they have contracted Channel 7 to produce and film it. Unless I have pay TV I won't be able to watch it.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 18:28
Aussie period drama on BBC2.

I haven't had time to watch all of it...
but what I have seen is great TV.

Have you seen it Margi?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234