I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anton puts his foot in it again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 15:03
Hi Petal

You're right of course. The DM might have made it up.

I wonder if the BBC want a boy/girl rivalry this year...
so they've chosen to promote Pixie v Jake scenario.

I prefer Frankie & Simon
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 15:46
Originally posted by Petal

Hi all..

As always I don't agree with the anger towards Anton on here, but I realise everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Having said that, we all know the Mail is fond of sprouting untruths, so a pinch of salt is probably needed.. However, should it turn out to be true, I believe it was said with tongue in cheek, it's so typical one of his of-the cuff funny remarks. Sorry Bren & co.

Of subject now.. Am I the only one thinkinh the BBC is pushing for Pixie to win?? She is everywhere at the moment, she has frequented different radio 2 programmes twice, or maybe even thrice, this week. Plus, she seems to be given the mike and a cameraman n numerous occasions..

It's totally unfair to the others imo..

agree re Pixie but it could backfire on the Beeb viewers dont like people being pushed

that is the trouble with Anton Petal he says nasty hurtful things and says only joking - and thats not good enough he has made many a dancer feel small with his snide asides  and been nearly planted LOL by many and one or two pros on the show have had issues with him many a time - I am sure he said the remarks about Judy as a joke irrespective of how she may feel on the matter - I find him to be (even from the days of tony beke)  full of himself and bit of a twit - but do take my hat off to him as a person of nominal dancing talent being able to create the notion of being Mr Ballroom -some skill and one of great amusement in the dance world

Believe it or not I have been easy on Anton this year Clapand don't apologise for liking him many people do Big%20smile
Petal View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Petal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 17:20
I hope you're right re Pixie and backfire Bren, it's ok for us to have favourites and declare it, not the firm   

To be quite honest, I only know of Anton from SCD.. I know you have your own reasons for your sometimes negative feelings towards him, and that is, of cause, ok.. I like your phrase, "but do take my hat off to him as a person of nominal dancing talent being able to create the notion of being Mr Ballroom - some skill and one of great amusement in the dance world

There are a few pros I don't like this year though I can't tell you why because I know myself.

Hmm.. Just thinking of Anton being planted, you painted a funny picture in my head
Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 17:31
I am the same Petal I cannot take to Trent do not understand why people say he is fab choreographer when he is dancing with someone opening a danceschool for Italia Conte in Jan so he hasnt been tested yet also I am not keen on Ivetta or Aliona and really cant say why otherwise like most of the rest and liking Pasha more this year than for a while

Oh do realise I have soft spot for cliftons and try to not be to gushing of them but only cos I have watched them dance since they were about 6 mind you I remember Ian waite in juniors Shocked

Edited by Bren - 29 Nov 2014 at 17:33
Petal View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Petal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 17:33
Hi Jo B,

I'm not sure they have Jake in mind(?), I think they're rooting for Simon.. He did the SCD Christmas last year didn't he? Or is my memory playing tricks?

When Linda Robson, from Birds of a feather, was on It Takes Two, she told Zoe she has known Pixie for many years, apparently her daughter went to school with her. One of the things she said was, "Pixie has always been good at dancing, she had dance and tap dance lessons, so I'm not surprised she is as good as she is. I reckon she'll win."

Right dinner time, and then std..
Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 17:36
petal - Pixie did 11 years at Italia Conte full time education as well and is opening her own branch of the school in Jan

Mark Wright went to Sylvia YOung for 9 years he is not the beginner he wants us to think either
Petal View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Petal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 17:40
Haha.. here am I thinking I'm telling you something new about Pix.. DOH!!

Not keen on Aliona either but Ivetta has grown on me, she can't pronounce the English words properly, and it makes me laugh, I had the same probs when I came here. I too like Kevin, not made my mind up about his sister yet, that'll come next year

Laters   
Petal View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Petal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 17:43
Originally posted by Bren

petal - Pixie did 11 years at Italia Conte full time education as well and is opening her own branch of the school in JanMark Wright went to Sylvia YOung for 9 years he is not the beginner he wants us to think either

Blooooooooming heck!! BOTH of THEM?! So it's kind of pros dancing with pros.. Grrrr, that's definitely not fair on all the others!   
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 18:20

Originally posted by Bren

petal - Pixie did 11 years at Italia Conte full time education as well and is opening her own branch of the school in JanMark Wright went to Sylvia YOung for 9 years he is not the beginner he wants us to think either

Blooooooooming heck!!   

You sound like Joanne Clifton Petal   
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 18:24
ha she really does talk like that Jo - and babbles in Italian too she lived there from 15 years old until she came home in the summer 
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 19:46
What dance training has Caroline had? She's another one who looks like she's done a fair bit at some point.
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
Antoinette37 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Antoinette37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 20:19
I don't understand why so many people hate Anton, because I think he's the best male on the show, he's amazing.

If he thinks that Judy was awful then he is allowed to have his opinion and voice it. She shouldn't have been on the show anyway, she's the mum of a tennis player for heavens sake,  at this rate next season they'll have the friend of Gary Barlows cousin on the show, it really does need to stop and get back to proper celebrities.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 20:25
I don't hate Anton but I don't like what he said about Judy.

A pro should not publicly undermine his/her celebrity...
and Judy is famous in her own right (Fed Cup captain).
Antoinette37 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Antoinette37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 20:50
Originally posted by Jo Bird

I don't hate Anton but I don't like what he said about Judy.

A pro should not publicly undermine his/her celebrity...
and Judy is famous in her own right (Fed Cup captain).

She may have acheived something in her own right but she's hardly a celebrity and no one would have heard of her if she wasn't Andy Murrays mum.

I disagree about the professionalism thing, I think people should be honest and say what they think and be free to do so. No point being all nice and complimentary when really you're thinking the opposite and are going to say the opposite in private, that's two-faced.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 20:55
I don't think pros should slate their celebrity in public or private.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 20:58

Haha.. here am I thinking I'm telling you something new about Pix.. DOH!!

Not keen on Aliona either but Ivetta has grown on me, she can't pronounce the English words properly, and it makes me laugh, I had the same probs when I came here. I too like Kevin, not made my mind up about his sister yet, that'll come next year

Laters   

sorry must comment about Yvetta voice
she sounds like a fisherman's wife!! (as they say in Holland) she has a rough Russian voice, sounds like a Bond Villain, she's beautiful until she opens that gob!!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12