I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anton puts his foot in it again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anton puts his foot in it again
    Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 13:47

'She was s**t, why couldn't they have given me Pixie Lott?': Strictly's Anton Du Beke slams Judy Murray's dancing skills 

By Hanna Flint for MailOnline

Published: 19:55, 24 November 2014 | Updated: 07:12, 25 November 2014

He and his celebrity partner Judy Murray were voted off Strictly Come Dancing just over a week ago but Anton Du Beke clearly isn't over it.

While acting as master of ceremonies for the Nordoff Robbins charity boxing match at the London Hilton hotel on Monday night, he made a scathing remark about her poor dancing skills.

A source exclusively told MailOnline: 'Anton addressed the whole room and said about Judy, "She was s**t. Why couldn't they have given me Pixie Lott?"' 

The source added: 'He may have been simply joking and he did have the crowd in stitches but it was clear he was slightly exasperated.'

Not%20impressed:%20Anton%20Du%20Beke%20slammed%20his%20former%20Strictly%20Come%20Dancing%20partner%20Judy%20Murray,%20calling%20her%20dancing%20s**t%20 
+4

Not impressed: Anton Du Beke slammed his former Strictly Come Dancing partner Judy Murray, calling her dancing 's**t'  

Judy and Anton lost out in the dance-off to Casualty star Sunetra Sarker during the show's famous Blackpool Week. 

55-year-old tennis coach Murray and her partner Anton performed their Viennese Waltz to Let’s Go Fly A Kite from Mary Poppins, while Sunetra and her partner Brendan Cole performed their Samba to I Don’t Feel Like Dancing by Scissor Sisters.

United%20front:%20On%20the%20show%20the%20duo%20appeared%20to%20be%20close,%20with%20Anton%20giving%20Judy%20a%20warm%20hug%20when%20she%20was%20eliminated%20 
+4

United front: On the show the duo appeared to be close, with Anton giving Judy a warm hug when she was eliminated  

Speaking before her elimination, Judy explained: ‘I am actually delighted just to be here.’

And Anton was singing a different tune from Monday night, when he assured her: 'You are just wonderful. I want you to keep going with dancing wherever you are.'

Judges Len Goodman, Darcey Bussell, Bruno Tonioli and Craig Revel Horwood all chose to save Sunetra.

‘I%20am%20actually%20delighted%20just%20to%20be%20here:%20Judy%20explained%20after%20her%20elimination%20was%20confirmed 
+4

‘I am actually delighted just to be here': Judy explained after her elimination was confirmed 

Head judge Len said: ‘I would like to say tonight’s performance was fantastic… and you are wonderful.’

An emotional Judy went on the praise the efforts of her dance partner.

‘We got lucky,’ she confessed. ‘Anton has been lovely, he’s made my Strictly experience very special’.

To which Anton went on to say: ‘She’s such a great person. The fun that we had is purely because of her humour. She’s been such a sport… I have had the best time ever.’ 

Dream%20partner:%20Anton%20was%20upset%20he%20didnt%20get%20paired%20with%20Pixie%20Lott%20%28seen%20here%20performing%20with%20Trent%20Whiddon%20at%20the%20weekend%29
+4

Dream partner: Anton was upset he didn't get paired with Pixie Lott (seen here performing with Trent Whiddon at the weekend)

Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 13:48
he needs to go - Judy did not deserve to be the butt of his jokes
anniemay View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote anniemay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 15:01
Well, he is no Gentleman is he? What an idiot, he should have realized saying something like that would reach the public.
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 15:05
He is so rude and did not deserve such a gracious partner. I can't imagine he would do much better with the likes of Pixie - She would appear to be the pro!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 16:52
How could he say that?! Judy's so lovely. Rude man
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Posy View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Posy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 17:12
Well typical Berk does not give a jot for anyone's feelings whatsoever time he was given the boot. How anybody can think he is wonderful beats me😁
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 18:03
I would like to think that even He would not be so stupid to say this is public, surely he would realise it could be a career ender??

Is it made up by the Daily Fail????
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 18:57
apparently he said it but it was just a 'joke'
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2014 at 20:09
But its not funny, poor Judy, she was crap, but lovely.
Whizz View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Whizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 09:51
A particularly unfunny "joke"! He certainly lived up to his nickname there!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 23:06
Erin said today on ITT, that Judy Murray will be joining them on their tour of Scotland
'AWKWARD' comes to mind now.........
Hope the Scots throw their Scots Eggs at him!!!! ha..ha.ha..

btw where was Ian Waite today??? WEdnesday warm-up!!!!!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 23:40
they did filming for christmas show and he was late.

Many years ago (over 25) my brother in his teens went down to London for a major championship first one where he went on his own with his partner he entered the male dressing room to hear Tony telling the dancers to watch their belongings there was a scouser dancing - my bro was mortified after he won he entered the dressing room to hear tony telling anyone who would listen that he only won cos he was having lessons of the judges on the board when he pulled tony up it was cant you take a laugh was only joking - nasty little man
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2014 at 23:53
Vile creep. He needs binning. That's just not funny :(
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 13:58
Originally posted by Bren

they did filming for christmas show and he was late.Many years ago (over 25) my brother in his teens went down to London for a major championship first one where he went on his own with his partner he entered the male dressing room to hear Tony telling the dancers to watch their belongings there was a scouser dancing - my bro was mortified after he won he entered the dressing room to hear tony telling anyone who would listen that he only won cos he was having lessons of the judges on the board when he pulled tony up it was cant you take a laugh was only joking - nasty little man

actions speak louder than words, who won the competition??, not Anton!!
(sounds like someone had an attack of the green eyed monster)
Susie146 View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Susie146 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 22:59
Didn't he get into bother a few years back for some remarks he made about Laila Rouass-seems he hasn't learnt his lesson from
Petal View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Petal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2014 at 14:44
Hi all..

As always I don't agree with the anger towards Anton on here, but I realise everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Having said that, we all know the Mail is fond of sprouting untruths, so a pinch of salt is probably needed.. However, should it turn out to be true, I believe it was said with tongue in cheek, it's so typical one of his of-the cuff funny remarks. Sorry Bren & co.

Of subject now.. Am I the only one thinkinh the BBC is pushing for Pixie to win?? She is everywhere at the moment, she has frequented different radio 2 programmes twice, or maybe even thrice, this week. Plus, she seems to be given the mike and a cameraman n numerous occasions..

It's totally unfair to the others imo..
Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>