I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCD 2014: Week 4 Result *Spolier*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 20:04
hi Sadsack yes he does make many smile and he does have his fans

I manyly criticise his dancing which latin wise is poor and he is so lazy with his work with his partners but yes he does charm his way through (though he is not so charming off the floor!) but the viewer just watching he is the cheeky chappie and why he is so popular

welcome to the blueroom
sadsack View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote sadsack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 20:29
Thank you for the welcome Bren.

Agree about the latin, have not met him so cannot comment on how he is off the floor.

Did giggle at his 'real' name. Unhappy
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 21:22
  ha ha when my bro was dancing against him years ago I heard him say to some one my name is tony berk Im a master baker and i thought he said (master bator LOL)

Edited by Bren - 19 Oct 2014 at 21:22
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 14:49
All that can be said is the right own of those two went. What a lovely, gracious farewell speech - Tim seems like a genuinely nice chap.

Chris Evans was making some interesting suggestions on the radio this morning - about only allowing the public to vote for the bottom 4 (as decided by the judges during the programme)each week - thus avoiding the chance of a decent dancer missing out because of lack of public support. That would mean the public would have full say once the competition was down to the final 4. Anyone got any views?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 14:59
what a great idea !!!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 16:07
normally i would, but not as much fun or risk!!!, it's only a dance comp, so i like to leave it to the public,- as much as possible.
The current way almost anyone can go in any week!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 16:38
It hands too much power to the judges. Their scores would influence the result too much in the later stages.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 17:09
I agree with the idea but agree jo it would only be ok at beginning say last 8
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2014 at 19:18
I think Strictly is different from a proper dance competition and personality has a big part to play. The only time this would work properly is IF the judges were consistent and that often is not the case. If a weak and not so weak couple are in the dance off the judges still opt for the better dancer. The only time things have gone "wrong" is when 2 reasonable couples end up in the dance off when poorer couples are voted through. Ultimately the better dancers usually get through to the finals - only possible exception being Chris Hollins and his character and "journey" got him there instead.
I think the way the scoring works now probably makes it more interesting for and draws more comment from viewers thus keeping up the viewing figures.
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2014 at 12:52
But the judges aren't that consistent! Look at Frankie's scores compared to others.

I would like to see something change as it's so predictable that they may as well not bother dancing, just cut the show down to 15 minutes, let the judges pick their favourites and then hand over to the public who will pick theirs

I don't mean that, of course, but it seems like the dance just doesn't mean very much at all. Some of them are barely recognisable for what they are and don't get me started on the music choices, especially for something like the Paso there really should be something Paso about it!
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123