I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Week 4 Music and dances

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Week 4 Music and dances
    Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 13:44

Alison and Aljaz will be performing the Samba to ‘Bootylicious’ by Destiny’s Child.
Caroline and Pasha will be performing the Quickstep to ‘We Go Together’ from the musical Grease.
Frankie and Kevin will be performing the Cha Cha to ‘Call Me Maybe’ by Carly Rae Jepsen
Jake and Janette will be performing the Jive to ‘All Shook Up’ by Elvis Presley.
Judy and Anton will be perfoming the Tango to ‘Jealousy’ by Billy Fury.
Mark and Karen will be performing the Quickstep to ‘Tiger Feet’ by Mud.
Pixie and Trent will be performing the Rumba to ‘Stay With Me’ by Sam Smith.
Scott and Joanne will be performing the American Smooth to ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ by Bonnie Tyler
Simon and Kristina will be performing the Charleston to ‘My Old Man (Said Follow The Van)’
Steve and Ola will be performing the Salsa to ‘Jump in the Line’ by Harry Belafonte.
Sunetra and Brendan will be performing the Salsa to ‘Turn the Beat Around’ by Vicki Sue Robinson
Thom and Iveta will be performing the Foxtrot to ‘Build Me Up Buttercup’ by The Foundations.
Tim and Natalie will performing the Paso Doble to ‘The Best’ by Tina Turner.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 13:44
I NOW GIVE UP - STRICTLY PRODUCERS ARE TAKING THE MICK
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 13:51
AS IN PREVIOUS WEEKS MUSIC / DANCE CHOICES TAKING A PATTERN (AND UNFAIR ONE)

MUSIC APPROPRIATE FOR DANCE
JAKE (AGAIN), PIXIE (AGAIN) JUDY (AGAIN) SUNETRA (AGAIN)

MUSIC OK BUT NOT QUITE RIGHT FOR DANCE
CAROLINE
FRANKIE
ALISON
STEVE

MUSIC MEH AND JUST NOT RIGHT FOR DANCE
SIMON
SCOTT
THOM
TIM

Getting fed up with it now cos it is so blatant - would love to see Jake, Sunetra and Pixie dance to in appropriate music for the dance for once

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 15:34
I'm disappointed The good ones will manage...
but Scott and Tim would benefit from proper music. Hey ho.

Do you think Anton & Brendan can choose their own music?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 16:39
have to correct my moans Build Me UP Buttercup - just heard a good version in our collection and Marks Tiger Feet quite good as quickstep
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 16:57
Just tallied up Ballroom & Latin... Ali should have Ballroom; Judy Latin.

Edited by Jo Bird - 15 Oct 2014 at 17:00
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Rumbarebel View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Rumbarebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 18:18
Is All Shook Up good jive music? I thought it was too slow??
Can't imagine a Paso to The Best at all - they want a bullfight enacted to music that's nothing to do with a matador - even the Benidorm episode that is my favourite (where the bull Mateo fights due to a drunken matador on a hotel trip isn't quite as promised - highly recommended watching Series 2 Episode4).
Total Eclipse of the Heart for an American smooth - well it's challenge though poor Scott's Under the Sea was a ridiculous choice of music as well.
Whizz View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Whizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 09:35
Originally posted by Bren

.....- would love to see Jake, Sunetra and Pixie dance to in appropriate music for the dance for once

Um I wonder if you mean INappropriate?

I have not liked the choice of music for several series! I agree that it is getting more blatant as the producers decide who should get through and who shouldn't - I love it when the public (sometimes they do!) manage to vote the other way despite the producers!
LilSophella View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote LilSophella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 17:15
Just out of interest, how many people would prefer the more traditional music, I know I would and also it would mean never having to hear those screechy singers again.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 17:28
holds hand up - me!!
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 17:38
Count me in LilS. However some modern music is excellent for the programme and I think adds something to the performance. BUT... the music choices this series so far and last series did leave me asking if the music pickers come from this planet! Who actually is in charge of the music choices? Does anyone know?
salsa-addict View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote salsa-addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 17:55
Originally posted by LilSophella

Just out of interest, how many people would prefer the more traditional music, I know I would and also it would mean never having to hear those screechy singers again.

I am in on this and definitely for proper paso and tango music.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 18:11
Originally posted by LilSophella

I'm happy with a mix of traditional and modern as long as it fits the dance.
Posy View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Posy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 22:40
Traditional music has my vote.
 Post Reply Post Reply