I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film > Soap Box
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ozzy soaps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ozzy soaps
    Posted: 09 Oct 2014 at 19:07
i much prefer Home and a way and neighbours to the home grown sopaps sometimes

but i must say there are two things that wind me up about these two soaps

the first one  is why do the script writers of home and away always have someone eslking into a room that roo is in  and the first words out of her mouth EVERY time is  is not hello how are ypu  what have you been doing today.....the normal conversations
but what comes out of her mouth weather they are crying laghing smiling singing is .......HELLO DO DO YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT .....now she added the word sweetie into that drives me mad and if i lived in summer bay i would have to seee where she was and go the other way.. i know she her charator is meant to be a carer but for god sake some tell her to mind her own buisness

secondly its neighours..and i am being a little petty here  please tessa put them away  and buy a top/dress that coves you up just for once please
moonshine
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 03:55
Congratulations to Emily Symons (Marilyn) from Home and Away as she is expecting her first baby this year at age 45.

Neighbours is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year and have some former characters returning. That's happening in Australia soon.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 21:36
I used to watch neighbours (about 30 years ago!!!) too
Haven't seen it since i visited 'ramsey' street in Melbourne, - the real street.   Paul Robinson(manager) forget his real name - was on TV here recently, think he mentioned the anniversary, don't think 'Charlene', and 'Scott' will be on it somehow tho.
Did Harold die in it in the end??? just really remember them now - Madge, and Harold i think it was.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 22:31
Spoiler........... Kind of......

Harold and Madge return for the 30th Anniversary, even though Madge is dead. They have been announcing the return of these 2 characters for the last 3 months, but haven't said how Madge will appear. Harold has been a grey nomad to explain where he has been.

Edited by MargiABC - 23 Feb 2015 at 22:33
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 07:03
I've watched Neighbours on and off since I was 12.
Agree moonshine. Much better than any British soap.

Thanks for the spoiler Margi!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 04:59
There's also going to be a 1 hour special where former actors such as Kylie Minogue will talk about their time on Neighbours, but they won't necessarily appear in an episode of Neighbours to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the show. It's been disclosed how a dead Madge will make an appearance and it's not very original. You can guess how that will turn out.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2015 at 19:12
It's very silly to resurrect Madge...
I suppose Harold will dream about her.

Edited by Jo Bird - 03 Mar 2015 at 19:12
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2015 at 23:41
The 30th anniversary episodes started this week here and continue into next week. Madge made her return. Felt sorry for Harold as he seemed to everyone else distracted and not himself. In the special interview program they have got many of the actors who have made it big internationally since leaving Neighbours including Guy Pearce, Kylie Minogue, Margot Robbie, Delta Goodrem and Jason Donovan. That's on next week here.
I started watching Neighbours almost 30 years ago. Not many people realise that it nearly didn't make its first year. It first started on a different TV station, but after the first year was axed. Channel 10 decided to pick it up with the same characters, but different actors, writers etc. the rest is history. I haven't watched it continuously over the last 30 years, so I was surprised to see the same actor playing Paul Robinson after he left the show sometime in the 1990s.
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2015 at 03:32
and to think the person playing paul robinson started out  as a tenager on prioner cell block h as did the playing susan and the woman playing the mother of  the woman that had paige with brad
and of course harrold was in that to sowas lou and naomis mum

moonshine
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2015 at 17:37
I'm a bit disappointed ...

So far no big names from the past except Madge.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2015 at 07:22
They have had at least 3 former actors return for the anniversary in the past week. You will probably see that this week or next week in the UK.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 17:10
I haven't seen Neighbours for about 20 or 25 years or more. I have been to 'Ramsey' Street though in Melbourne, when we were staying with friends in Melbourne (an English nurse friend, who i have since lost contact with- last Xmas card a few years ago) took us there.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 18:42
Lucky you Deb. I'd love to visit Ramsey Street.
 Post Reply Post Reply