I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Contestant NO 2 confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Contestant NO 2 confirmed
    Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 12:18

Judy Murray confirmed for Strictly Come Dancing 2014

The mum of tennis pro Andy Murray is set to sequin up for the 12th series of BBC1's hit dancing competition

By Ellie Walker-Arnott

Monday 18 August 2014 at 11:38AM

Judy Murray, mum of tennis champion Andy Murray, is swapping the tension of the tennis court for the glamour and glitz of the Strictly Come Dancing ballroom. 

Yes, that's right. The Scottish-born coach is the second celebrity confirmed to be taking part in this year's competition. 

The BBC announced the news on Strictly's official Twitter feed, alongside a photo of Judy posing Tango-style with a tennis ball and a number 7 score board: 

Judy will join Saturday's band member Frankie Bridge in the competition, which kicks off later this year, as well as a host of yet-to-be named celebrities.

Edited by Bren - 18 Aug 2014 at 12:23
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 12:24
I like judy - but she is not a celeb - feels all wrong for someone's mum to be chosen were will it end harry styles dad?
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 13:20
I agree she is not a celeb, but from what i hear what she has done for Tennis and sport, especially in their home town of Dublane, why not,
I have no problem with her being in, is more 'useful' than half of the celebs!!!! (thinking of Towie's etc... who just wanna be famous for being famous!!!)
I think she deserves a spot!
Am looking forward to seeing her.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 18:35
Originally posted by Bren

I like judy - but she is not a celeb - feels all wrong for someone's mum to be chosen were will it end harry styles dad?

She's Fed Cup captain, an ambassador for tennis and a radio commentator for Wimbles.

Edited by Jo Bird - 18 Aug 2014 at 18:38
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 19:19
but only known widely for being Andy's mum - think she will get Tristan :))
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2014 at 21:37
Hope she gets Pasha
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply