I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eurovision Song Contest 2014
    Posted: 11 May 2014 at 12:19

sorry not a fan of conchita Sausage!
Shame about UK, again!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2014 at 23:21
I'll have to send this picture to my niece. She is a big Eurovisuon fan. I couldn't watch it when it was on TV (not into it), but when she came home for her mid year break from uni she went to the ABC shop and bought the DVD and insisted we watch her favourite bits.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2014 at 16:56
I'm not a fan either Deb.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 05:15
Good news, Australia has been invited to have an entrant in Eurovision 2015, as a wild card entry for being such big fans. My niece will be very happy - she is a big Eurovision fan.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 12:14
will they get any more votes tho from the Eastern block countries???
maybe you should enter Olivia Newton John!! (again)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 17:02
Heard on Radio 5 Live last night that Dr Karl from Neighbours has put himself up for it. Is including the Commonwealth the only way to get us 12 points? Just looked on my globe and Oz hasn't moved so let's open it up and call it The World Song Contest. Reggae from Jamaica, Jazz from the US...the mind boggles. My friend's niece has asked her already if Australia is in Europe?!!!
Never be flat. Never be sharp. Always be natural.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 17:27
Originally posted by SueM

Heard on Radio 5 Live last night that Dr Karl from Neighbours has put himself up for it. Is including the Commonwealth the only way to get us 12 points? Just looked on my globe and Oz hasn't moved so let's open it up and call it The World Song Contest. Reggae from Jamaica, Jazz from the US...the mind boggles. My friend's niece has asked her already if Australia is in Europe?!!!

Well, when he was on a celeb singing contest over here he sounded like someone throttling a warthog.  Our dog yelped, dived under the table and we couldn't get her out until he had finished.
She's only done this once before and that was some singer on Strictly
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2015 at 21:57
I'm making a stand for warthogs here!!!!Tho when he was on This Morning wailing away I thought - gosh he'd be a good entry if only Oz was in the Eurovision!!!

Dread to think who we are going to enter. Wish we'd pull out and stop wasting money to be honest. It's so political these days.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 02:34
There is a lot of speculation as to who will be the nominated singer with different odds for each. Apparently they have to submit the name of the singer sometime in March. Last year Australia was invited to have a guest artist sing, but not as part of the competition. That was Jessica Mauboy who won Australian idol several years ago. She was also the main singer in the movie "the Saphires". Some of the suggestions were Kyle Minogue, Kylie and Danni Minogue doing a duet, Olivia Newton John, Jessica Mauboy, Guy Sebastian (first Australian Idol winner), Delta Goodrem,to name a few.
Eurovision has a big following here. It's shown live on SBS television station which features mainly program's with multicultural content. Australians do their own unofficial voting through the station as a poll and that is compared to the official results. My niece said at uni they have a Eurovision Song Contest party every year.

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 06:37
My sister said that Tina Arena should represent Australia as she is already well known in Europe, particularly in France.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 09:55
I'm the only one in our family who likes last year's winner. OK the singer looked a bit weird, but he/she smashed that song in my opinion. Every song afterwards was a bit flat for me
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
SueM View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote SueM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 21:26
Originally posted by MargiABC

My sister said that Tina Arena should represent Australia as she is already well known in Europe, particularly in France.

We've been giving it deep thought here and have come up with Kylie M and Dame Edna as a twosome. What do you think Margi?!
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015 at 22:35
I always try to watch Adam Hills (Australian presenter/journalist)every week (The last leg), he did his version at the end of the show, complete with surfboards,kangaroos (men dressed up) and barbies etc... he said give them what they want typical aussie stuff.

England/GB only qualifies every year, as it contributes alot (financially)-
it's too political now for UK ever to win again.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 06:50
Originally posted by SueM

Originally posted by MargiABC

We've been giving it deep thought here and have come up with Kylie M and Dame Edna as a twosome. What do you think Margi?!

That would be an interesting duet. There would be at least 40cm height difference and who would wear the most sequins? I am sure Danne Edna would take Kylie under her wing.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 07:10
Originally posted by deborah31

I always try to watch Adam Hills (Australian presenter/journalist)every week (The last leg), he did his version at the end of the show, complete with surfboards,kangaroos (men dressed up) and barbies etc... he said give them what they want typical aussie stuff.

England/GB only qualifies every year, as it contributes alot (financially)-
it's too political now for UK ever to win again.

We love Adam Hills
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2015 at 07:12
Talking about Oz.  I'm sure I've said this before, but I'll say it again... Back in the 60's and 70's we had an exchange, Oz doctors came over here and ours went over there, just for a few months. I have never worked with an Australian doctor or nurse I didn't like and get on with. A lovely race of people.
One of my regrets is that I didn't emigrate there when I had the chance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>