I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2014
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post-Series View on the Couples

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
andreweeyor View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote andreweeyor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post-Series View on the Couples
    Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 19:43
So Sorry about not doing the blog - computer broke down and work commitments took over. I'm going to do a post series view of the couples. Sometimes you lot have difficulty reconising my nicknames so I'll provide a translation.

King Ray of Cockiness & The Happy Girl (Ray & Maria) -
Well, I didn't mind him up until Week 8, when his amazingness and the fact he wasn't Beth Tweddle just took over and my dislike for him more than tripled when he went half naked in the final. He's not Brianne!
I guess he was the best - although I'd much prefered if Beth had won.

Queen Hayley of Catherine Wheels & Dan the Non Man (Hayley & Dan) -
Just to let you know - Hayley was abso-freaking-lutley not the queen of the series. That crown goes to beth. Hayley should really be serving maid of catherine wheels. It's just it really got on me when she gave her usual gimmiky performances and the judges always loved her. When the solo skate came in Week 8, I really thought she might go, but no - she only got 0.5 below Beth!
I never liked her - and this series my hatred of her (and him) was one trillion times worse. I can't stand the pair of them. Can't believe she won the vote 6 out of the 8 times she was up for it. Anyway, probably my second least favourite couple - second last only to The Faux Moaner & His Faux Fiancee Vicky (Sam & Vicky).

The Tweddle & A Lucky Man (Beth & Lukasz) -
The true winner in my eyes - yes I know King Ray was better, but The Tweddle was amazing and so much better than Serving Maid Hayley. But the evil judges bullied her right up until the final - when they had a new tactic to get her out - put her on first so no one'll see her but give her good scores so no one suspects anything. I saw their trickery straight away - I voted for her 10 bloody times (Costing me £3.50!)!
Anyway, it worked, and she finished third, behind The Serving Maid & The Cocky King. If she had won, the judges probably would have led a revolt (which was very funny). I was so sad that the judges got their way in the final - I'm glad we didn't see their faces, they probably would have been grinning their (fake) teeth out.

The Faux Moaner & His Faux Fiancee Vicky (Sam & Vicky) -
I hated this pair from the start - them bringing two small, fragile children on to their 'routine' to get votes. It clearly didn't work, and I hated them even more when he was grumbling about being in the bottom two - Sam - you were in it four more times! Nobody voted for you! Your funniest bit was when you were moaning about not looking like Freddie Mercury! Can't stand this horrible pair - you'll notice my 'overview' of him is short - I hate writing about him.

Bracken & Secret Detective Ulanova (Kyran & Nina) -
He's ok - underscored by the woeful judges though. She's one of my favourite females - her dark russian accent making the difference. Not much to say on this pair - I didn't mind him but he's a little dull.

Princess Suzanne & King of Pro's Matt (Suzanne & Matt) -
I supported her until she was out - but looking back on her she wasn't that popular with the public. Anyway, I so wish she'd got through over Hayley - but it's when they do stupid things like 'the team challenge' that makes her go out. But my likeness of her grew when she made comments about Hayley on her online blog - she's got guts! Anyway, I so wish she'd gone to the final instead of The Serving Maid.

The Closed Gates & The Girl Without A Wardrobe (Gareth & Brianne) -
The Closed Gates...also known as The King of Dull.
What a boring man - and she was always half-naked. Can't stand either of them. I guess I liked him slightly more than The Serving Maid or The Faux Moaner, but only by an inch. Hate him, and her, who's next?

Giddy Langford & The Sort of Lucky One (Bonnie & Andrei) -
I liked her a lot more this series, maybe it's just because they invited back contestants like The Serving Maid, The Faux Moaner & The Closed Gates and she was one thousand times better than them. She still can't skate though - and am I the only one who found her 'Devil' routine annoying as hell?

My Lovely Zaraah & Butcher (Zaraah & Andy) -
She was bottom of the vote for half of Series 3, so when the public put her through (remember, public vote only in Weeks 1 & 2) I was thrilled and thought her beautiful work was finally being appreciated. But no - she came last the next two weeks she was on and winded up in the 'skate off'. First time she was up against Crap Carty, and to be honest, she could have farted and cursed the judges then farted again then sat on Robin Cousins' lap having a fag during her skate off against him that week and still got through. She was up against The Bracken the next week - and although she did a beautiful skate to 'Don't Cry for Me, Argentina', it was not to be, and the evil foursome saved Bracken. Anyway, I wish she'd got to the final instead of The Serving Maid, but I guess people just don't like my lovely Zaraah.

Crap Carty & The Sad One (Todd & Alexandra) -
She was her usual amazing self, while he...tried his best (hopefully). Yes, he was crap, but I still like him more than most. Not much to say here. This is a short one...

The Prince of Boring & Cool Katie (Gary & Katie) -
He's the prince of boring. When The Closed Gates passes, he'll take the throne for himself. As for her, why her talents were wasted on Prince Boring, I do not know. Well, at least she didn't get the King! Phew!

The Headbanger & Kick Ass Frankie (David & Frankie) -
He was one of my favourite males, but I guess the public hated these romances.
I wish she'd got one of the better males though - a short series for my favourite female pro - Kick Ass Frankie.

The Tumbler & The Red, Red Robin (Joe & Robin) -
Hahahahaha! Sorry, just reminding myself on youtube of the bit when she knocked off his glasses. Anyway, he's ok, in terms of how much I like him. I wish he got further than the Closed Gates or/and The Faux Moaner, though.

And Finally...

The Family Tree (Jorgie & Sylvain) -
Oh dear! I guess it really wasn't that much of a surprise when she was knocked off first. I would have liked to have seen more though. Imagine them doing the bolero - "No, Sylvain, No!" live on air!

So that's my overview of the series - I hope you enjoyed it. I may blog Britain's Got Talent if you'll watch that, and I'll have a go at Dancing With the Stars. You'll see a strictly blog from me later in the year.

Ta Ta!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 21:59
I enjoyed this Andrew. A good read. Might be because I'm a Beth/Suzanne/ Zarah fan too. (I voted for Beth five times in the final).

Only two points I disagree on... 1. I don't dislike Hayley. She just can't skate. 2. I liked Suzanne a bit less after her comments. Unecessary.

Edited by Jo Bird - 06 Apr 2014 at 22:01
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Virgin
Virgin

Quote andreweeyor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 22:24
Thank you.
Virgin
Virgin

Quote andreweeyor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 09:56
I hope to become a regular member of the forum & I will do lots of blogs.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 18:50
Good. Look forward to reading them.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply