I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing with the Stars 2015
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DWTS Week 1 Blog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DWTS Week 1 Blog
    Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 16:52
Ahh This one is a long time cumming. I can't believe that it has been 4 months since we last visited the Glitterdome. At last they changed the ballroom the last set looked sooo outdated.

Week 1 in my opinion is the weirdest and most exciting week of the competition, what with the new set of victims, new band (Who i feel didi a wonderful job and Erin Andrews' presenting skills left me asking Brooke Who? Erin did a wonderful job at presenting. Now awkward pauses, No weird questions and she did something Brooke could never do BANTER not only with Tom, but with the pros and the celebrities and this alone made for a smoother, sleeker and fresh show. This is a relief really as it was starting to feel a bit tierd and long. Erin also brought a sense of "Laddy" charm to it and cumming from the sports world she was able to think on her feet.

Now lets get down to business the victims

NeNe and Tony
Dance Cha Cha Cha (3C)
Score (7,7,7 21)
My Score 7
Tony to me encapsulates everything bout DWTS he is kind, patient and any person who has had to be anywhere near Kate Gosselin for 6 weeks needs a knighthood, NeNe is going to be so much fun she is bubbly, catty and outspoken well these are all the traits you need to be a favorite of mine. The dance was a mix of the 3Cs and Hip Hop which was fresh and it was nice to see tony do something different. I thought she had ease of movement and had good hip action, she needs to refine her steps and improve her shoulders. I will be interesting where she goes
The outfit was lovely the lace was all in the right areas considering her "assets" the frills added to her already established hip action the cream colour popped against her skin tone and brought her to life

James and Peta
Dance Foxtrot
Score (7,7,7 21)
My Score 7
Well were do i start, by giving Peta the award for most awkward DWTS reaction I have ever seen Well I suppose that they are this years Showmance along with another surprising couple, I will come to that later. Err I hate the song Story of My Life one of the many 1D songs we are going to be hearing this season. Is it me ore does he look like a younger Brant Daugherty, the guy who she was paired up with last year, who I remember had a romance with Peta briefly. Well I think we have all established Peta's Type haven't we . The foxtrot was good I like Peta in Ballroom as she really focuses on the hold and has a lot of the routine in hold which is nice to see. His footwork was clean if not a bit forced at times. I hated that running section and his shoulders needed dropping. This is a couple who have a lot of potential.

Danica and Val
Dance Foxtrot
Score (8,8,8 24)
My Score 7
She is sweet isn't she and Val is sweet isn't he. I think these are this seasons sweet couples Her dress was awful she looked like she was wearing a skirt and nothing else there needed to be a bit of fabric on the top part. The dance was lovely although she kept deviating on to Val's right side and that made her right arm too straight which was off putting as the hold did not look natural on the occasion

Sean and Karina
Dance Contemporary
Score (7,6,7 20)
My Score 5
I HATE HATE HATE contemporary all it is is faffing about full of lifts and to me looks like an over the top rumba This routine did nothing but corroborate my opinion it was full of running I did not know this was called Running and the overuse of lifts With the Stars. I normally love Karina and her choreography but I think this was the wort routine she has choreographed since Corbin's Viennese Waltz last year and all of Steve Wozniaks ones there was so many lifts Karina was not on the floor once. Am I the only one who thinks Lily Allen's Somewhere only we Know better than Keane's. Any way next!

Billy Dee and Emma
Dance Cha Cha Cha
Score (5,5,5 15)
My Score 3
Now we go from bad to just terrible. There was no words to describe how bad this was It had everything wrong with it from the lack of hip action arem placement etc. This was a total Dis-ARRRR-Ster Poor Emma she got lumbered with Bill Engvall to this. Emma should just have said "Right I have had it I am off home to Egland where my talents will be more appreciated on Strictly". She was fantastic one of the best pro dancers they have ever had. Artem in a storm trooper was sooo funny as he has as much of a personality as a robot Erh NEXT! Also you know a couple has no hope when they use novelty tracks.

Meryl and Maks
Dance Cha Cha Cha
Score (8,8,8 24)
My Score 9
Hallelujah 1) That Maks is back. I LOVE Maks he is funny a fantastic choreographer and dancer 2) Meryl can DANCE and 3) Maks might actually win this season. Everything was right about this dance it was cheeky fun and had an underlying sexiness to it, yes it needed a tad more hip action, but well it was a corking routine. The costume was excellent and made her pale skin pop. This is another couple with a potential Showmance

I wish they will get rid of the couples as this is making this blog long I digress along with the Blog

Candace and Mark
Dance Contemporary
Score (9,8,8 25)
My Score 9
I loved this number not too many lifts, it was understated. She lookd gorgeous in that Blue Baby Doll dress. Can I say that I hate it whan they dance with no shoes as it looks like thet have run out of time to change or the costume budget did not cover to cost of the shoes .
The dance was emotive and the floor section was wonderful. You can always rely on Mark for good choreography. The singers were amazing and sung Burn better than Ellie Golding in my opinion.

Cody and Whitney
Dance Cha Cha Cha
Score (7,7,8 22)
My Score 5
6 Million followers on twitter and I still have no Idea who he is. Note to wardrobe DO NOT LET HIM WEAR SKINNY JEANS AGAIN. He has long lanky bowed legs that looked so awkward through out the entire routine, he was pigeon toed and his Cha Cha basics were terrible. But I loved the song I do love a bit of Folktronica and this had too much pop star dancing and not enough Cha x 3 why Bruno gave this an 8 as well of Meryl bemuses me.

Drew and Cheryl (AGAIN)
Dance Foxtrot
Score (7,7,7 21)
My Score 6
I see we have Drew and Cheryl Mk 2 but I can't see these two replicating that piece of magic that was that Save a Horse freestyle. Cheryl is one of the best pros on DWTS yet as of late she has not had a good partner with the exception of Jack Osborne in ages It was a run of the mill foxtrots with lots of gimmicks with a set of mundane scores, he needed to lift his chest slightly and drop the shoulders and improve the footwork as there was too many toe leads. Cheryl looked gorgeous in her Emerald green dress though.

We are nearly there folks not long now

Amy and Derek
Dance Cha Cha Cha
Score (8,8,8 24)
My Score 6
This was the most over scored routine of the night for me. I will always support her due to her disability but this was the safest routine Derek has done ever of DWTS but still gets the same scores ad Danica and Meryl and even NeNe had a better Cha x 3 than Amy who all had far superior dances IMO, But she is gorgeous isn't she? I understand fully the lack of Hip Action but her saving grace was her wonderful Cha Cha basic but it did not warrant 8s. This is to wardrobe for a knock out of an outfit for Amy to cater for her prosthetic legs

Diana and Henry
Dance Foxtrot
Score (6,6,6 18)
My Score 4
Along with Billy Dee she can go under as well another gimmick song. Poor Henry, she lacked any musicality and her lines were awful, posture was awful and footwork was sub par. This reminded me of when Martina Navratilova was on DWTS she was just as wooden as Diana was, her oly saving grace was the staging and her dress. NEXT

Charlie and Sharna
Dance Contemporary
Score (9,9,9 27)
My Score 9
Now we are talking. I am so Happy for Sharna to be given a celeb who will score above a 7. The over use of lifts was the only thing prventing me giving this a 10 it was fantastic. They deserved those scores. The staging and costumes were excellent. I am looking forward to what they do in their Tango next week

So long for Now I hope you enjoyed this inaugural blog   

thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2014 at 18:55
Wow. I'm impressed!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply