I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2014
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI Week 8 Chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 21:05
I do think Sam will make the final now as I think he'd beat either of the girls in the skate off (and I'm assuming there is no chance Ray will be in there next week).    Close call tonight I thought but glad Kyran has gone - not liked his attitude at all this series.

Must say though Sam doesn't do himself any favours with practically the same routine every week - they all start with a chest out skate around his partner, then bending her head around, then a bit of partnership work before a synchronised step sequence. etc etc etc.   I will say though the Riverdance tonight was much improved on when it was first performed early in the series and I do think tonights earlier routine was the first time they really connected as a partnership on the ice.

Not much to say about the others really - a few tens probably handed out too easily but if Ray's getting them every week they deserved to be.   There were noticeable mistakes in Ray's first routine so three tens were very generous.   One thing I am loving about Ray's routines this year though is Maria is really shining in a way we've never really seen before - guess it's because she isn't have to worry too much about her partner so can put all her focus on her own performance.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 21:51
Originally posted by Bren

you can wave at me from river :))
just booked holyhead, as no motorways from here at all, and shorter boat/ferry- not a boat person, so quicker the better!!!!!

right back on topic
Really enjoyed Ray again (and Maria of course) can watch them all night.
Beth a bit 'off' tonight, understandably.
Right person went i think, Kyran should run a hockey(ice of course) club, or start one up, he'd be great at that.- having said that, didn't like Nina saying he'd never be graceful!!Angry anyway english isn't her first language so i'll forgive her!!
Like Sam skating, but too prefer him without Vicky!!!, I know he's in luuuuurvveeeeeHeart
but this is the first time i've thought it's better  NOT to skate with 'real life' partner.
I preferred him with Brianne too.
I know Hayley (and Dan) skate well together, but I still find her irritating!!, -just my personal opinion.
 edit
what on earth was Christine 'crying' about?? not that i care, never rewound to find out

Edited by deborah31 - 23 Feb 2014 at 21:53
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 23:01
Agree. Almost certainly Sam v Hayley/Beth skate off next week.

It's time for Hayley to go. She's the weakest skater left (imo).
Her solo skate shows how little she's improved... if at all.

The team skate was designed to cover up Hayley's lack of ability
and as a result Suzanne -a much better skater- went home.

It's anyone but Hayley for me now.

Edited by Jo Bird - 27 Feb 2014 at 21:51
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123