I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bloody Weather

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bloody Weather
    Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 22:11
I am absolutely DONE with this weather there was a sink hole like that one that swallowed a car in high Wicombe the other day on the motorway i travel on every day to go to Uni it took me two hours to get in today

When will it stop?

It is a bit like that Eurithmics song Hayley skated to on Sunday

Here comes the rain again

Edited by thengp12 - 12 Feb 2014 at 22:11
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 22:41
It's not too bad here, a bit stormy though.
I did go to feed the ducks/swans/geese today.
Wondered why the swans were almost taking the bred from my hand, the river was very high!!!! then they stepped out on to the bank next to me! (a bit scary to be surrounded by big hungry birds).
Took tons of (mouldy/old) bread tho, (don't know why i buy it, no-one in the house eats it), they were all ravenous, ducks, swans, canadian geese , some other geese?? and the 200  SEAGULLs, that were almost taking it out of my hand.  Also took some food pellets, which annoyingly the seagulls went after too ! normally  take seeds for the white doves and pigeons-(rumoured to have belonged to an elderly person who died, but now pure white few left, and mixed in with the other pigeons) , but ran out of big bags at poundland today)
The seagulls were scaring the ducks, and geese to death, and they all swoop on any scrap.

Anyway weather is weird these days, but we are an Island, with seas, waterways, rivers, too etc...When we moved to Norfolk, my father-in-law (nearly 80)said, don't buy anyway low, or on the flood plains/areas,  Hence we are high up on a hill!!
If only we could be as organised as the Dutch and their Dykes!!!! Never remember any flooding there, but the winters too cold in the 90.s, only frozen lakes/canals etc..
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 08:16
We aren't too bad. The garden fences are matchwood and we eventually got in touch with a fencer, but it took a while.  Our neighbours are on a month long holiday. Their conservatory now has a skylight they didn't have before.
We are on a hill so no flooding, but our lawn looks like a paddy field. The ground is saturated and fresh rain just sits on the top
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:48
My 2 water butts are full !!!!!

Seriously tho, we're set for a hot summer now it seems, no doubt there'll be a drought!!!

Government seriously needs to look at water management/reservoir, and drainage systems. The Dutch put twice as much money aside as we do (a billion it seems every year) and they only have one coastline, although many many canals of course, I never remember a flooding there.
It's nice to live on the coast, or next to a lake, but seriously in England, they'll always be problems, until it's managed properly.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 17:28
I live on the coast Deb we have good sea defences in place after the floods of 1981-2.

The Somerset levels always flood but the present problems are due to spending cuts.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply