I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I've had a shock today girls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I've had a shock today girls
    Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 14:23
When we moved here almost a year ago, the lady across the road made us feel really welcome. I immediately knew that she would become a good friend. A large cockney lady, a few years older than meand a laugh a minute. Her children have flown the nest and now she's getting loads of pleasure from the grand children.
On Friday she woke up with a bit of pain, like gallstones (she's a fellow nurse) so went to see her doctor.... Inoperable pancreatic cancer.
Whilst the kitchen chappie was here this morning, she took a turn for the worse and was admitted to hospital and not likely to come out.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 07:39
I'm sorry to hear that Toots.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 08:41
Yes, life can be lived one minute and over the next can't it Jo? I know as a nurse I've seen this hundreds of times, but it is still a sad thing. If I had ever stopped feeling, I would have given up the job.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 20:34
so sad, a similar thing happened to an aunty of mine over 25 years ago, went in for a stomach problem (hernia??) opened her up, and she was riddled with cancer, never brought her around again, and the sad thing was we (my mum and I) had planned to go and see her after the op in hospital, we did discuss visiting her the night before, but for some reason didn't go. So sadly she didn't get to see her sister before she died.

Anyway good news today, my best friend from school day's partner, awoke from an induced coma after 9 days  (11 iin hospital), he went in with kidney stone problems/infection, and got septicema from his infection, or maybe bladder infection.
After a trachiochtomy(?) yesterday evening (to put  the oxygen pipe directly into his throat, rather than via mouth), they finally reduced his sedation enough to finally bring him around.
When admitted his CRP (and Toots, this will mean something to you i think) was over 450, now down to about 44. Haven't spoken to my friend today, (a lot of time in the hospital over the last week) but she sent me a text about an hour ago, saying they've finally got him to open his eyes, but he's confused still.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 08:14
Originally posted by deborah31

so sad, a similar thing happened to an aunty of mine over 25 years ago, went in for a stomach problem (hernia??) opened her up, and she was riddled with cancer, never brought her around again, and the sad thing was we (my mum and I) had planned to go and see her after the op in hospital, we did discuss visiting her the night before, but for some reason didn't go. So sadly she didn't get to see her sister before she died.

Anyway good news today, my best friend from school day's partner, awoke from an induced coma after 9 days  (11 iin hospital), he went in with kidney stone problems/infection, and got septicema from his infection, or maybe bladder infection.
After a trachiochtomy(?) yesterday evening (to put  the oxygen pipe directly into his throat, rather than via mouth), they finally reduced his sedation enough to finally bring him around.
When admitted his CRP (and Toots, this will mean something to you i think) was over 450, now down to about 44. Haven't spoken to my friend today, (a lot of time in the hospital over the last week) but she sent me a text about an hour ago, saying they've finally got him to open his eyes, but he's confused still.

CRP stands for C-reactive protein Debs (found in the liver). If the levels are high it indicates infection of the liver. So the levels dropping is a very good sign. I'm off for a coffee now. Cranking the brain up to remember something you had forgotten isn't easy at this hour of the morning.
 Ps How are the storms with you now love?

Edited by Toots - 15 Feb 2014 at 08:16
 Post Reply Post Reply