I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2014
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nostalgia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nostalgia
    Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 07:54
I expect it is because my mum has recently died, but I have been strolling down memory lane.  I remember as if it was yesterday, Robin winning his gold. My husband was at work and my daughter a toddler  and in bed. My mum and I sat up to watch him skate live. It was such a cosy memory. We both had tears in our eyes when he won.

I know its hard to believe now they are national treasures, but not everyone thought T&D deserved gold back in their golden moment. Many thought their routine boring and not containing all the required elements. I remember my cousin ringing me the next morning. Usually very discrete, she said 'That Dean looked suspiciously comfortable in that  woman's blouse didn't he?LOLLOL She never mentioned the routine! She died a few years ago, and that is one of my memories when I think of her.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 12:22
I'm sorry to hear about your Mum Toots.

Memories are great of particular events. I remember watching T & D win and drove my sisters nuts caling out "come and watch this", everytime they repeated their routine on TV. T & D came out to Australia a few months after their win, in fact they came out 6 times over a 12 year period and performed as guest artists with other groups such as a Russian ice skating group or with their own company. I remember seeing them perform Bolero in their original costumes each time, because the public expected to see it. It was at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. That too will be a memory as the Entertainment Centre is going to be torn down this year to make way for a bigger and better entertainment and convention cenre (so the State govt says).
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 17:45
The Barnum one is a good one too Margi.

The council in our town,against public opinion, pulled down a beautiful old Victorian theatre and put up a large monstrosity in its place. So big that the tickets cost an arm and a leg and the shirt off your back to afford. No one goes, the place is now used as a cinema
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 18:44
I used to watch the Wimbledon final with my Gran. Very happy memories
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply