I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013 > X-Factor USA
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X Factor cancelled in US

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X Factor cancelled in US
    Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 18:41
having liooked at this years x factor uk it could be going the same way
not much tallent
moonshine
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 22:29
Australian X Factor is still going strong. I love Redfoo as one of the judge/mentors. I didn't know who he was last year when he started as a judge. The same can't be said for Australia's Got Talent. It went to a different network last year after being on the same network as XFactor. AGT has had the chop.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2014 at 17:17
The US version deserved to be cancelled; it took itself so seriously and was so earnest it could've been made by the BBC in the UK (see: Fame Academy & The Voice). From what I read, one of the factors in its demise was Simon Cowell's personality overhaul -- he'd started being nice and a bit gushy and no one was buying it (rightly so -- he's a biatchy queen and shouldn't hide it).
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 06:21
I just read that declining ratings of the US X Factor has led to its cancellation by Fox.

Fox cancels 'X Factor' as Simon Cowell returns to UK version
February 8, 2014, 12:01 pm

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - U.S. television singing contest "The X Factor," led by judge and show creator Simon Cowell, was cancelled on Friday after three seasons, network Fox said on Friday.

"The X Factor," which was unable to replicate the ratings success of fellow Fox singing contest "American Idol," was only able to muster 6.2 million viewers for its season three finale last December, about half of its first season finale audience.

Cowell, 54, whose acerbic on-screen personality helped transform "American Idol" into one of the top shows on U.S. television, will also return to the UK version of the show in an effort to help declining ratings there.

"I've had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on 'The X Factor' and 'American Idol,' Cowell said in a statement. "And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!)"

"The X Factor" was seen as a way for Cowell to put his own stamp on U.S. reality television as it was a show he created and produced, and helped lead it to popularity in Britain.

The U.S. version of the show struggled to find the right mix on the judging panel, running through nine different personalities in its three seasons on the air.

In 2012, Fox spent a reported $15 million to hire pop singer Britney Spears as a judge on the show in a bid to boost ratings, but she was unable to turn her star power into larger audiences for Fox.

Last year, viewership fill to about 6 million per episode from 9 million in 2012. Its main rival, Comcast Corp-owned NBC's "The Voice" drew about 12 million viewers per episode.

Cowell, a British media and music mogul best known for the biting criticism of contestants that helped draw viewers to "American Idol," will be without a show on U.S. television for the first time since "Idol" began in 2002.

(Reporting by Eric Kelsey. Editing by Andre Grenon) on Yahoo news

Post Reply Post Reply