I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sochi Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sochi Olympics
    Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 19:28
It's underway...

I've just been watching ice skating on the BBC website.
Robin and Sue on commentary. She just repeats what he says
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 20:48
We both enjoyed the skating. We thought that Russian was fantastic, also the Canadian.  What was the point of Sue? Was she really necessary? Opening ceremony tomorrow Jo, .
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2014 at 21:22
Is it just me or is it after "we" did the summer olympics 2 years ago, i know it does not seem like 2 years ago right? but i digress, no olympics summer or winter for the rest of our lives will never feel the same again, unless we host it again, but we can only hope.
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 07:29
I will be recording the opening ceremony and watching it at a more suitable time. Its live to air at 3am tomorrow morning Sydney time.

I wonder if anyone will be 'doing a Bradbury'. Steven Bradbury is an Australian Olympian who won gold at the 2002 Olympic games in the 1000m speed skate. The term now is always associated with his win and means to win as a result of miraculous circumstances, despite being in a losing position.
Steven Bradbury, to all watching the event, was not in a position to win any medals, but on the last turn everyone in front of him fell over and he skated into gold position.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 08:35
We two didn't get round to seeing that amazing Russian duo in the pairs skating until last evening. They were breathtaking and one of the few competitors you could relax and watch certain that they weren't going to fall. I can't pronounce their names, let alone spell them but they are worth watching.
I know we're not allowed to criticize T&D on here, but even at their best, they wouldn't have stood a chance against these two
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 09:05
I didn't see the men's Toots... just the last four pairs.
The Russians were amazing weren't they... Gold for them?

I don't feel that Nathan but I might do when it's time for Rio.

Edited by Jo Bird - 07 Feb 2014 at 09:08
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 07:58
I should have added another 30 minutes to the timer recording of the opening ceremony. I skipped to the end of the recording and they were only bringing in the torch.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 09:08
I watched the opening ceremony highlights on the BBC website.
There's also a video of the Steven Bradbury win. Unbelievable!
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 06:34
Aussie Torah Bright will be going for gold in tonight's snowboard final. She qualified for the finals in the first round and didn't have to go into the semis. Its good to have Aussie athletes in the winter Olympics, even though Australia is better known for summer sports.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 11:39
WOW and WOW again.  ClapDrinkApplauseOur first medal ever ( the Scots boy should never have had his taken away... was it back in 2007? I can't remember when) Well done Jonsie in the ladies snow boarding. Bronze for the UK DanceI was on tenterhooks until the last slider made a mistake
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 13:42
Very pleased we have a medal. Well done Jenny

Did anyone see the short ice dance online saturday?
The Brits skated well... but didn't get the marks.

Robin said he was surprised by their score.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 16:53
Yes Jo agree. We couldn't understand the scores either.
Have you noticed, the lady skaters look far fitter than the pro lady skaters in DOI? Some of them look like anorexic pixies don't they?
Have you see that young Russian girl? I think she's 15; danced to the music from 'the  girl in the red coat'? She is amazing

Edited by Toots - 09 Feb 2014 at 16:55
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 22:50
Torah didn't win a medal

Its hard to watch the games. The broadcaster who is showing the games is showing it on 3 of its stations. Two are the same broadcast and the 3rd station shows different events. Because of the time difference they are broadcasting live if you want to watch from midnight to 6 am in the morning. I mainly want to see the ice skating so I've been recording the 6 hour slabs and deleting what I don't want to watch, as the ice dancing and figure skating are all over the place in the broadcast .

Edited by MargiABC - 09 Feb 2014 at 22:52
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 07:34
I didn't watch the ladies Toots but I saw a video of the little Russian on the website.
She's got a bright future hasn't she... Her red coat routine brought a tear to my eye.

Edited by Jo Bird - 10 Feb 2014 at 07:35
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 07:46
Originally posted by MargiABC

Torah didn't win a medal

Its hard to watch the games. The broadcaster who is showing the games is showing it on 3 of its stations. Two are the same broadcast and the 3rd station shows different events. Because of the time difference they are broadcasting live if you want to watch from midnight to 6 am in the morning. I mainly want to see the ice skating so I've been recording the 6 hour slabs and deleting what I don't want to watch, as the ice dancing and figure skating are all over the place in the broadcast .

I can imagine Margi. The problems are awful when the time difference is so big isn't it?
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 08:59
I'm not really watching, had my fill of winter/snow watching the jump!!
Had far too much in my lifetime of snow, and feeling cold living in Canada-so brings back many cold/bad memories for me, of almost frostbite etc.. and nightmare driving in several feet of snow sometimes (why we left in the end- couldn't take anymore- sorry Canadians who couldn't understand us!)
I did watch the UK lady win the bronze medal though on the News last night (snowboarding?) and watched about 2 mins of the 'jump' much higher than the TV series just on.
I would watch if the Jamaicans doing bob-sleigh again!!! or maybe if we were in the middle of a heatwave here and we needed to cool down!!
 I may watch the hockey final tho (or last 10 mins ) if it's a Canadian final!!! would love them to beat USA, or Russia in it.

Edited by deborah31 - 10 Feb 2014 at 09:01
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>