I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2014
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI 2014: Week 5 chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 19:49
Sam +/- Vicky is STILL better than Kyran
Hayley annoys me as her shoulders are higher than her ears
As for Ray he knows he will win they even included the jive steps in his duel segment.
Why have an all stars when the winner will be expected. At least on DWTS no one knew who will win and we were surprised when Melissa Rycroft won it
They go on and on at Beth about performance but they never criticise for Gurning a la Susanna Reid in fact the icy elite four bloody actively encourage indecent teeth exposure in the "fast" routines and actively encourage Pouting a la Victoria Beckham in the slower numbers

I am started to get a little bored of DOI and contemplated four or five times today whether to watch it but i have and will try to because of you lot. But i am craving the Ballroom SO BAD and can't wait when DWTS starts back again. At least I know what I am talking about.

But one thing I think about is I wonder how DOI would have turned out if BBC still had the show and we would be talking about Strictly Ice Dancing instead
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 19:53
Notice  how they're making much more use of the pros in routines this year - maybe there is some truth in the rumours (which have resurfaced again today) the show will go on without Torvill and Dean.

A great show overall tonight with some great routines, though I wish the duels features more of both pairs actually on the ice together.   The voting is damn predictable due to Robin's casting vote (would be fairer to score them and based it on that) - I agree Sam clearly won the first but he never had a chance and unfortunately I stand by my earlier prediction of him being in danger.   I think he'll be in a skate-off and we'll see a champ go tonight - Bonnie will likely get the votes she needs and to be fair did a great routine.  

Could go either way with Suzanne and Beth - if anything Suzanne's fall will help them and it was a great routine IMO, but I didn't like the performance at all.   Similarly I thought the criticism of Beth's performance was rather harsh and that could go in her favour too.

Good though to have a break from the usual routine of VT, Performance, Judges but I think we'll lose someone a couple of weeks early as a result tonight.   As much as I like Bonnie I would like to have seen her and Gareth go leaving the six champs to fight it out.
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 19:55
Originally posted by thengp12

But one thing I think about is I wonder how DOI would have turned out if BBC still had the show and we would be talking about Strictly Ice Dancing instead

Bloody awful I suspect - the one thing Dancing on Ice has going for it is it's not Strictly!

thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 19:59
Originally posted by Brekkie

Bloody awful I suspect - the one thing Dancing on Ice has going for it is it's not Strictly!

What is wrong with Strictly compared to DOI?
🎭💃
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 20:14
the BBc's ice show was dire compared to DOI
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 20:17
Originally posted by Bren

Sam's problem was that he had to skate with Vicky - he would have been better with Brrianne

You don't seem to like Vicky very much. :(
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 20:39
Loved that opening :)

IMO - duels

Kyran was better than Sam tricks wise.  Sam always skates better.  Tough one.
Gareth is better at skating than Bonnie, but it was sweet.  Gareth to go through.
Beth and Hayley my fave duel so far.  Very close again, but I'd put Hayley through.
That was brilliant from Ray and Suzanne - Ray through, but Suzanne so should not be in the skate off.

Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 20:42

What is wrong with Strictly compared to DOI?

Personal opinion but I can't stand Strictly.   It's better than it was but I've always found it quite exclusive, while I think DoI has always been a bit more inclusive and a bit more fun - something I'd also say for Dancing with the Stars which IMO is leagues above Strictly.

It's something that the BBC has a problem with across the board - it just takes itself too seriously when it comes to entertainment.  That's the reason So you think you can Dance just didn't take off, and a large part of the reason The Voice hasn't become the big breakout hit the BBC want it to be.
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 20:56
So just Gareth to go then the true Champions of Champions can begin.
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 21:04
Yep Gareth to go next week
🎭💃
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 21:09
So relieved Beth and Suzanne got thru on the vote
but I'm afraid Hayley's destined for the final.

Jason, Ashley and Karen will make sure of it

Edited by Jo Bird - 02 Feb 2014 at 21:10
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 21:46
Yes - I think it's quite clearly a Ray, Suzanne and Hayley final now, which I guess quite appropriately puts three of the most successful pros in the final too.

Edited by Brekkie - 02 Feb 2014 at 21:49
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 22:01

Yes - I think it's quite clearly a Ray, Suzanne and Hayley final now, which I guess quite appropriately puts three of the most successful pros in the final too.

Agree Brekkie. Who do you think will win? I'd like Suzanne but think it will be Ray.

Edited by Jo Bird - 02 Feb 2014 at 22:02
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2014 at 22:21

You have another Corroborator
🎭💃
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 13:51
I did watch the show on catch-up. (can't stick the bleakley woman, so skip her- my husband says i say this every week when watching!!!!)
I just don't like watching Kyran, can't explain why, I love watching Ray tho, he such a natural dancer/skater over the ice. As good as the pro's imo
In the opening dance i thought one of the 'girls' was a man in drag btw!!! don't know who it was, someone a bit butch lookingLOL
I would like to see a Ray/Suzanne/|Beth final tho,not a fan of Hayley or Dan really.
I did love Bonnie in her 'red outfit' skate though.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12