I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2014
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brits win medal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brits win medal
    Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 09:37
Penny and Nick have won bronze at the Europeans.
Great free dance to Michael Jackson music.

Well done to both of them
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 17:10
Fantastic result for Penny and Nick, especially with his heart op a few months ago. Their career best score as well, wasn't it?

thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 19:44
Sorry to be ignorant and naïve
Who are they?
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 09:54
Originally posted by thengp12

Sorry to be ignorant and naïve
Who are they?

Neither ignorant or naïve, considering how little publicity competitive figure skating gets in the UK!

Penny Coomes and Nick Buckland are the British Ice Dance champions. Nick had an operation several months ago to correct a condition that made his heart beat too fast.

I expected at the time it'd mean they'd miss the Olympics - I never imagined they could come back so strong in such a short time!

It'd be a nice touch if DOI could mention their achievement on the show tonight. I seem to remember the did when the Kerrs won their bronze a few years back.

Edited by BambionIce - 19 Jan 2014 at 09:54
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 13:16
I can't believe how little recognition they get in the media.
If they were tennis players they would be household names.

Hope DOI will give them a mention Bambi.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 13:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzwtTkkxnr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMP1lkWxb2c

Edited by Jo Bird - 19 Jan 2014 at 13:29
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 08:44
I've just heard that Chemmy will be available, and has been picked for the downhill (which is my favourite) She only went and broke her leg again last August!  She was on DOI a few years ago.
Although I can, sort of, ski;I start off OK but then tend to come down backwards and out of control and have to be caught if I don't fall overLOL
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 09:27
I remember Toots. Nice girl. Good skater. I don't follow skiing. Is she a medal hope?
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 11:34
Originally posted by Jo Bird

I remember Toots. Nice girl. Good skater. I don't follow skiing. Is she a medal hope?

Well, she's not a front runner where the world is concerned these days because she had a dreadful, dreadful injury a few years back and another fracture last  summer. But she's one of those not to be discounted. I reckon she could well medal, but wouldn't put a bet on it.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2014 at 22:55

I think she's a lovely girl too, but sadly just recovering -shouldn't be ski-ing imo. She won't win anything.

But there's probably no-one else who she's taking the place of, don't think ski-iers in UK are in supply/abundance  like they are in Canada.
Having said that a pupil at my daughters school (age 16- called Jazmine)  is ranked two in Slalom, and is competing in the adults Alpine ski=ing season just starting. (has just missed 4 weeks of school to train)

Edited by deborah31 - 22 Jan 2014 at 22:56
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2014 at 08:49
Originally posted by deborah31

I think she's a lovely girl too, but sadly just recovering -shouldn't be ski-ing imo. She won't win anything.

But there's probably no-one else who she's taking the place of, don't think ski-iers in UK are in supply/abundance  like they are in Canada.
Having said that a pupil at my daughters school (age 16- called Jazmine)  is ranked two in Slalom, and is competing in the adults Alpine ski=ing season just starting. (has just missed 4 weeks of school to train)

Good Luck to her! It's nice to hear about these youngsters and watch them coming up through the ranks.
 Post Reply Post Reply