I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

broad band help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: broad band help
    Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 14:33
hello all

I am here to pick the  brains of all you good people out there

I have a couple of older people here that are looking for a broadband/ internet  provider

they have just signed up for a new contract on the phone but when they asked about broadband it wasn't cheap...they would only used it a couple of hours aday if that, they are looking for a decent but cheap bradband that they can use seperate to their phone( i know it works on the phone line )
 do you know of a broad band provider that does not include calls or tv package just the broad band . if so can you let me know who they are

many thanks

Edited by moonshine - 14 Jan 2014 at 14:57
moonshine
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 19:38
I can't really help you, we have BT, and as my husband works almost half the time at home, (when he's not overseas) the Company provide it.
My father-in-law too (almost 80) has BT too, but he is paying far too much, we keep trying to get him to get a package (he does like going online quite a bit tho)
I think some of my friends have talk/talk as it seems to be cheaper (and also my sister has it too- I will ask) they usually hunt around for the best deals.
Another option, if you are all close together can one of you get it, and you all use it, ie log into broadband with the one  password.
I know I can pick up several around here (when kids searching for the Wi-Fi, or as i call it to annoy them the wiffy connection) several pop -up
My neighbour (previously when we rented a furnished semi, before we bought here) used to use the one from the house we rented, as the owner covered it, as he maintained the property (initially was a holiday let).

Tell them to take care usually you are tied in also for at least 6 months I think, and possibly a years contract.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2014 at 19:58
how about a broadband dongle they can pay as the go?? especially if they dont use it a lot advantages no contract and pay as you go

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/dongles/alcatel/one-touch-x230d-usb-modem-black/

Edited by Bren - 14 Jan 2014 at 20:03
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 15:45
thanks bren will tell them about that
moonshine
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 08:06
Sorry moonshine, have only just seen this. Can't add anything to what Bren said. I'd go for the dongle too in their position.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply