I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2014
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DOI 2014 : Show 2 Chat thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 20:46
personally glad david gone should have been todd of course - gary will go now \I think and will be happy with that if I am honest
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 20:50
jVicky not as good as Brianne
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 20:51
dont like Sam's attitude
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 20:57
Oh my god That riverdance routine was fantastic that gave me goosebumps the first time and it did it again. One of the best performances on DOI ever better than Hayley's Jai Ho for sure love to see it again. Vicki covered that very well.
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 21:01
Originally posted by Tups

dont like Sam's attitude

I think he's quite refreshingly honest actually - of course he's going to be gutted losing out to Todd Carty especially.   Agree with the other comments on here Vicky isn't as good as Brianne - the Riverdance didn't feel as Riverdancy this time around - seems to be more about lifts than the footwork.

A shame really Frankie has never really had a decent partner other than Chris Fountain - she's about the only female pro with an ounce of personality.

Edited by Brekkie - 12 Jan 2014 at 21:04
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 21:04
Yeah Sam is down to earth and I think he was gutted for Vicki as you can see that they clearly love each other Sam NEEDS to stay for competition for Ray and Kyran
🎭💃
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 21:17
Hi sorry didn't see the show live again.  DP away so dealing with kidlets.

Anyway my opinion.

Hated the opening.  E kept asking what was happening and that it looked weird.

I thought Beth started the show well actually and I like her attitude and I think I prefer her with Luk than Dan as well.  Mind you I love Luk so there.
I liked Gary during the show and I thought he was ok, I don't think he's going to do any really spectacular lifts with Katie though.
Zarrah, I liked her as well during the show, especially as she came in late with Fred and ended 3rd.  I thought she was great and shows real promise.
I thought Sam was really good, actually better than Ray last week tbh.  Vicky is lovely and less brash IMO than Brianne. :)
David always strikes me as a nervous skater and because of that I really worry about his partners and I hate the headbanger anyway far to overused.  Frankie obviously feels safe and that's the main thing.  I thought that he missed a lift but his solo skating was really good :)
Haven't seen Suzanne but I see she got top score anyway so must have been good.
Didn't watch Todd, hope that no good skaters go out instead of him.

Think that's it.

If I were choosing 2 to go it would be Todd and David.

Having seen the results now, I'm really disappointed. 

How silly to have Sam in the bottom 2 and for Gary to go. 

However I loved that Riverdance routine, so it was worth him being in the bottom 2 for that alone.  One of the best routines so far.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 22:38
ok, just whizzed thru, after the final episode of Sherlock...!!!!!!!!! (now hooked on it)

Never a fan of David and Frankie, was it just me, or did he look like her dad tonight!!!-
bad case of Dad dancing/skating, I was terrified for her, couldn't watch!!!!!
Would of preferred her with Chris Fountain 100%

Todd-  ok bit of fun, that's my level of skating, or possibly mine is a bit better!! (i can go backwards, and do crossovers!!) Public gonna keep him in just to annoy Jason!!LOL

Liked Sam's riverdance last time, I too preferred it danced with Brianne, maybe because she is tinier, and a bit more of a bubbly/energetic little thing?? not sure really.
Don't think he'll win the competition this time, and I'm not a fan of Kyran really (on the ice)
Think he's looking a bit 'dad  skating ' too in this comp (maybe it's his age/portly figure- like I can talk!! but that lycra was not flattering on him tonight)- and btw watched in HD, Bonnie looked old tonight!! (meow!)- or was it too much make-up me thinks?

Right two went tonight, but it should of been 3 going of course with Todd included!!

Ray Quinn or Suzanne to win this series I think.
You read it here first!!!, LOLBig%20smile

ps I didn't watch all the show, whizzed thru, do Jayne & Christopher still skate??

Edited by deborah31 - 12 Jan 2014 at 22:39
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 22:39
They're a bit vague about next week saying the top ten will go "head to head", so as the show is only 90 minutes do we think it might be the Duels again?

If so presumably as previously it would be 1st v 1st, 2nd v 2nd etc. based on the first two weeks scoreboard.   Therefore it would be:

Ray (or Kyran) v Suzanne
Kyran (or Ray) v Zaarah
Bonnie v Sam
Beth v Hayley
Todd v Gareth

Ray and Kyran tied so not sure how they'd break that.   Beth v Hayley would be good - would be nice if Dan found out he picked the wrong partner!    Would risk another big elimination though with only 5 facing the public vote - I would rather they get 10 skates in and therefore Todd and those not really in the running to win it would be more likely in the skate off.

Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 22:41
Originally posted by deborah31

ps I didn't watch all the show, whizzed thru, do Jayne & Christopher still skate??

Not tonight but they did a pro-routine at the beginning which is worth watching.  Backwards.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 22:47

meant to say I still can't see what Ashley brings to the show?

(ok a bit of 'totty' for the men)
Shame
I would of loved to see Katarina back for the last series, I really enjoyed her as a judge.

AND, Gary deserved to go, just for calling his poor kid 'ELVIS'  !!!!!!!! poor thing (he obviously lost a bet somewhere!!)

Edited by deborah31 - 12 Jan 2014 at 22:55
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 06:40
I enjoyed all the girls but wasn't impressed by the boys.
Hope it is the duels next week. Always fun to watch.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 09:36
I watched Suzanne this morning and by god that girl is good.

Going on all the routines so far and the fact that Sam has now been in the bottom 2, I'd say Suzanne, Ray or Zarrah will win.
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:05
Sam can still go far though
Remember Eviesmum. Abbey Clancy was in the bottom two once and went on to win
It might come to the j*****y still even in all stars
Sam IMHO was better than Ray and Kyran.
But Zaraah WOW she is good come out of nowhere didn't she. She should have got at least one 8.5 or 9.0
🎭💃
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 10:06
I personally don't like the duels as the icy elite four will vote to give their Fave couple immunity
🎭💃
Rumbarebel View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Rumbarebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 18:18
What a show. Did show that the split between the two shows wasn't exactly fair. You can tell Hayley and Ray have been busy doing their real careers whilst Kyran's great skating (though not so much "dancing")is down to an awful lot of skating now that he has his own skating events company and doesn't have a "proper" job to do. Jorgie shouldn't have had to go last week no matter how annoying she is as she was talented. Even Joe showed entertainment value combined with reasonably good (and very much improved) skating.

This week Todd didn't seem to have improved at all since his first attempt in the series. I couldn't see any evidence of his "trying" at all. I was glad to see the back of David Seaman because I like Frankie and really feared she was going to get seriously injured with him. Gary Lucy was a little boring - but generally "good". 3 should have gone this week - and one last week.

Sam Attwater was left down by poor choice of choreography - making him propose to fit in with the show's obsession with personal relationships destroyed his otherwise very capable routine. (Note to producers if you're listening - the public don't like the relationship angle - both "couples" out or in the skate off and even the bad relationship of Jorgie was out despite excellent skating.)

Zaraah has great capability but there's something lacking. Given she has a dance school you'd expect her to finish her moves properly - but she lacks a bit of determination and confidence in how she moves to get there. It is there - but a bit like a wet lettuce in the process, lacking drama. A definite lack of confidence and showmanship which is a great pity because she has everything else. Pick yourself up love and perform it a bit, then you'll be fantastic.

Suzanne was fabulous. Best skater so far though there are plenty of shows for the others to warm up. Wasn't as keen on her first time round but she really went for it in every respect.

I have high hopes for next week. Still maintain though that except for David Seaman who I wanted to go for health and safety of Frankie reasons, it would have been much better not to have anyone actually leaving at this stage. They could have carried over scores and made the show last longer in the process. That makes commercial sense too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>