I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No gong for Andy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 21:52
You've still got Sam Stosur Margi. How are you bearing up in the heat?

Edited by Jo Bird - 16 Jan 2014 at 21:53
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 22:27
Personally, not too bad Jo. We have got air conditioning in the house, my car has air conditioning which is essential here as it can be a lot hotter in the car without it (up to 10°C hotter). It's illegal to leave children unattended in cars even if it's only for 10 mintes while mum ducks into the shops to buy milk. There have been child fatalities when they have been left in cars in 30-40° heat.
All the shopping centres and cinemas have air con too.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 19:01
Is it cooling down now Margi? Murray's back on court at 2.30pm saturday.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 22:09
It's going to be 35°C in Sydney but it will be a lot cooler in Melbourne today at 23°C which is more ideal for playing tennis.
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 22:43
23C is a bit better a bit like British summers then
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 23:41
My weather app is playing up. When I check the weather at my location, it's giving me the correct temperature but the wrong conditions. Instead of showing it's sunny it's showing snowing. A bit impossible at 35°C.
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 00:30
HaHa you have probably never seen snow properly in your life
Have you been watching SCD on tv over there i remeber you mentioning it was on UKTV a couple of weeks ago. If you have how have you found it?
🎭💃
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 06:39
I have seen snow. In January 1986 in Nikko in Japan. Nikko is a ski resort and I was there for half a day as part of my Japan holiday. In 1999 I was in the US, but I can't remember where exactly as we were on a coach on route to our next destination so we didn't get a chance to actually stand in it there.
I have seen 2 episodes so far of SCD. It's a very similar set and their music leading to the ad breaks is exactly the same. I know that SCD came first and all the DWTS elsewhere are franchises of it. We don't have the introductory episode where they match the pro dancer with the celebrity. Our first episode starts at your second episode. The producers have already paired the couples and they show that in their first rehearsal package before their first dance. My friend is recording it and I go over and we have a SCD afternoon.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 08:58
Great. Another win for Murray. Got up early and listened on radio 5 Live
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 11:40
Ha Margi we don't have any ad breaks in the UK which is fantastic as it is non stop dancing. To me that is worth the licence fee alone. Margi how does the quality of dancing compare across both versions
🎭💃
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 11:41
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Keep going Murray. I would love to see him get a Career Golden Slam
🎭💃
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 12:32
Originally posted by thengp12

French Open might be a problem while Nadal's alive   
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 17:07

French Open might be a problem while Nadal's alive   

You're not kidding about the French Open, Jo! Nadal on one leg would still have a chance there I reckon.

Really good win for Andy this morning, though. I expected Lopez to give him more trouble than that.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 03:58

Ha Margi we don't have any ad breaks in the UK which is fantastic as it is non stop dancing. To me that is worth the licence fee alone. Margi how does the quality of dancing compare across both versions

The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) is our only ad free broadcaster, but they do have in house promos between programs. They have 4 channels and its the equivalent of the BBC. Its govt funded. TV licences were phased out 40 years ago. Every TV in the house had a its own licence. When the licences were abolished, households could afford to have multiple TVs.
The ABC produced some good shows and often has co-productions with the BBC. Unfortunately, limited budgets mean they will never show the Australian Open or the Ashes or 1 day cricket series or do a reality series like DWTS. Another reason is that it is ad free, sponsors for a particular sport wouldn't be able to flog their products on the ABC.

The dancing on both shows is similar, but I found that SCD has a higher standard of application of some of the rules. We also have our own "everyone wants to hate" judge.
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 09:10
Oh ok then. That "everybody wants to hate judge" is that Todd McKenney by any chance. Helen Richey seems like a nice person
🎭💃
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 10:02
Yes - Todd. Todd's mother taught ballroom dancing. He does cabaret and performs in musicals as he is a good singer and dancer. He appeared as Peter Allen in the original production of the "Boy from Oz". He didn't get the Broadway gig (that went to Hugh Jackman) for that show because he wasn't known in the US. Todd also appeared in the movie "Strictly Ballroom", where SCD gets its part of its name from. Helen was a champion ballroom dancer in her younger days and also judges in some overseas competitions. She also likes it (its been a running joke over many series) when the good looking male celebrity dancers with a six pack bare their chests.

Edited by MargiABC - 21 Jan 2014 at 10:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>