I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strictly Does Christmas!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strictly Does Christmas!
    Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 17:39
Catching up on my Strictly today and I finally watched the Christmas special.  Normally I don't like a theme, but you can't argue when the theme is Christmas sparkle!   Some very lovely frocks on this show (well done ladies) and here we go ....

Janette: cutesy start to the Christmas special, in what looked like a giant snowball topped with a sparkly cropped jumper.  Fun little costume, and I really loved the jumper and when we have Christmas jumper day in work next year, I'm so gong to rock up in somethig similar!  Might not be wearing the net skirts though!

Elaine: a very nice tidy dress that showed off her legs, but in an age appropriate manner.  Nothing too skimpy or over the top, the chevron design drawing the eye inwards and down, to create more of a waist, and getting closer together the further down the bodice until it was a solid colour at the bottom. Great little mover, however the foundation garment that gave Elain a little lift in the bosom was visible at the neckline. Surely this could have been disguised with a sweetheart neckline? 

Sara: stunning bodice which I liked very much, such a light touch and beautifully done.  In terms of styling, this could be a companion piece to Sophie's Waltz gown (which was equally lovely). It danced nicely enough but left all of Sara's foot faults on show.

Rochelle: oh dear!  Departing from the dress for a moment - that routine was messy, she was sitting on the back steps, her feet were awful and she did that floor spin like a dog cocking it's leg.  But she looked lovely, in a sparkly number that helped disguise the lack of hip action.

Aliona: very Hollywood glamour - beautifully cool ice blue and crystal stoning looking so Christmassy and classy. Loved it. Such a shme that the bow broke at the back, but actually I quite liked it without.

Flavia: a very simple number, with minimal decoration, which l thought worked very well for her.  The skirt was cut higher at the front to show off the leg work and to ensure that nothing got tangled up during the leg locking bits!  It danced reallt nicely and looked elegant, however it did not distract from Rufus who's antics were the main focus of the routine.  Nicely done.

My favourite was ALiona's - so elegant and it moved well.  What was yours?

Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Online Status: Online
  Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 19:03
Loved Aliona's dress and also Janette (I really like her as a pro so hope she's back next year in the main show).

littlesue View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote littlesue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 21:09
Thought Janette's outfit was lovely and cute but thought Aliona's dress and mink stole looked true Hollywood glamour.  Janette must be only around 5ft, is that the smallest pro dancer they have had?
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 21:54
Missed the show never watch it at crimbo dont bother with tv much over holidays.  mighy skip through it on I player lately.  I liked Janette on show but please no Aliona next year please,

Thanks Thess for the blog this series has been great
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 04:07
You're welcome - the series has been great for frocks hasn't it? I've totally enjoyed it :)
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 11:27
My husband thought Aliona looked stunning! He would like to see her back next year!! (not me really, not a fan)
Missed Flavs on the real series this year, was nice to see her back onyjust for Crimbo, and of course Ian Waite again
(expected Rochelle to be excellent, don't know what happened there)
Elaine looked good too in her dress.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 14:56
Very good show and dresses were wonderful
2013 A vintage year for DSI and Chrissane.
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2013 at 12:48
Thanks Thess. Flavia's dress was my favourite.

I've really enjoyed reading your dress blog this year

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply