I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Strictly Come Dancing 2017 > Strictly Frocks
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Finally!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Thess View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Thess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally!
    Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 14:59
In other series' finals we have seen some new versions of frocks that have gone before, usually in a different colour, but not so this year. We had the return of some favourite gowns plus, of course, the new showdance costumes.  

Susanna: first up in her Quickstep frock, such a glorious colour that suited her so much I'm baffled why they didn't use more of it on her!  A lovely mover, flouncing beautifully in the spins and bouncing with the kicks. She's had quite a few prom length dresses this series which do suit her, but you just don't get that beautifully flowing look as with a long gown.  So I'm so glad she got a lovely long gown for her showdance - she looked stunning and the dress danced wonderfully well and enhanced the look of the dance itself.  And can I just say, that DSI have certainly got their money's worth from that flower material!! Finally, we saw the return of the Paso and what a spectacular dance to finish with :)  Love the dress although I still maintain the splits are in the wrong place!  

Abbey: this Waltz dress suited her perfectly. Beautifully cut and danced so well, but there was something going on with the back -possibly a mike pack stuck to her, that spoilt the line a little over her backside. I do wish they'd stop miking up the dancers, they don't need it and it muct be hard to hide a pack in such skimpy and body skimming dresses.  I can't even imagine where they put Ola's?!!! Anyway, onto Abbey's showdance frock and oh my ... I hated this.  A hybrid latin/ballroom frock with an absolutely stunning back to the bodice, but little else to commend it.  I don't think it danced very well and the muti-layered skirt seemed to get in the way during lifts.  Not her best look. But for her last trip around the floor she wore her beautiful Quickstep gown which looked just as delicate and fresh as the first time.  In the photoshoot from the other week when the ladies chose their favourite frocks from the series, Abbey chose the awful red curtains.  I would have chosen this dress, as it was just perfect for her. 

Natalie: I really liked this Cha Cha dress the first time around, so it was nice to see it get another outing. No re-working necessary, still a good solid little number.  Her showdance frock however was a mixed bag - a lovely colour combination and a beautiful neckline, a  slightly better style of skirt than Abbey's, being shorter and lighter it caught the air better and floated rather than swinging limply, but it still didn't dance so well. I also thought the gold lame gloves were a touch too much! Her final outing was in the lovely gown she had for her Smooth. Beautiful choice of colour for her and you know, you really do want to go out looking your best, so while I reckon they got away with doing TWO showdances, she looked fab in any case!  I have enjoyed Natalie's dances through the series, she is an accomplished dancer after all however in this, her very last dance of the series, she danced with her heart and showed her emotions and I felt it was her best performance. 

Sophie: I am so glad to see that this frock got a nip and tuck - gone is the frill at the top that made it look like a nightie and it got a nice sparkly new belt and neckline, plus matching bracelets.  Much better :)  It danced beautifully, even though they were going the wrong way round! I adored the juicy raspberry colour of her showdance frock, fabulous shade, and shimmy dresses like this do wonders for a girls hip action. What beats me, is why they stuck such an odd shade on the top of the dress?!  Silver, white, black, purple, almost any colour would have worked better than old lady mauve.  Grrrrr! We saw Sophie, for the last time, in her cheeky little Charleston dress and she looked lovely, even though I still think gold isn't her colour!

My favourite in the final was, hands down, Abbey's Quickstep frock.  Stunninly simple, elegant and fresh looking.  Susanna's showdance frock coming a very close second.

I'd like to congratulate DSI and Chrisanne on a particularly good collection of frocks this series.  Halloween week aside (which was a low point for pretty much everyone) there have been only a handful of odd ones. Roll on next year :)

Edited by Bren - 27 Dec 2013 at 21:55
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2013 at 21:59
thanks Thess a great read as usual and agree with you re the dresses
thengp12 View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote thengp12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2013 at 14:58
Agree 95% with you there. I thought Abbey looked STUNNING in her Freestyle dress
thengp12 reality show continues
🎭💃
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2013 at 18:13
Thanks Thess

Of the new dresses... I liked Susanna's and Sophie's.
Not so keen on Abbey's and didn't like Nat's at all.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply