I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

M.E.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M.E.
    Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 08:58

Why is this so misunderstood? Research has shown, for years now, that it is a bona fide medical condition and yet, ignorant people still call the sufferers malingerers. It makes me so angry. We have friends living just around the corner who made us feel so welcome when we moved. Janice (the wife) is in her 60’s and has ME. Some days she is better than others and can do bits and bobs around the house and other days she can’t get out of bed. This is the nature of the condition. Last week she and I went Christmas shopping, even though we took it slowly she had to have a day in bed after it. The stick she and her family get from other people is amazing. They say she is lazy, depressed, swinging the lead, malingering. You name it they’ve said it. Her family don’t get off any better either: ‘He (husband) spoils her. He should make her do a bit more. Those kids spend more time with their mother than they do with their own families. They’ve even bought her a holiday flat by the sea.’ On and on it goes, behind Janice’s back but also to her face

Do people think that Janice would be like this from choice? She has such a limited life owing to this horrid condition, surely if she was malingering she would have picked  something not quite so debilitating!

Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 09:26
I've had CFS/ME for fourteen years Toots.
Janice is very lucky to have a friend like you

Edited by Jo Bird - 26 Dec 2013 at 11:14
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply