I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

50 Years of Doctor Who

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50 Years of Doctor Who
    Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 12:55
I just bought tickets to see the first episode of Dr Who at the cinema on 24th August. I know it will be on TV, but seeing it on the big screen will be great. I also booked tickets for the next Dr Who Symphonic concert for February in Sydney. I think Peter Capaldi is coming here to host it.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 13:34
Originally posted by MargiABC

Apparently it's $150 to be in the audience. $650 to be in the audience, get autographed photos and meet them. It's $950 for the above and to have a photo taken with them. I don't know if thats the standard cost of these type of events.

Wow - I've just picked up on this, Margi. That sounds completely outrageous! $150 just to be in the room? I appreciate there's a cost to organising these events but that just screams "rip off!" to me.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 03:20
Peter Davison is out in Sydney this week doing personal appearances at the ABC shops. We were in the city on Tuesday and went up to have a look. He was in the ABC (Aussie equivalent of BBC) shop in the Queen Victoria Building. We had no intention of staying as we had an appointment to go to. The queue outside had only 30 people in it and I thought that was rather odd. When we turned around to walk to the escalators there were over 150 people queued up at the other end of the arcade as security staff didn't want the queue blocking off entrances to other stores.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 00:42
Apparently it's $150 to be in the audience. $650 to be in the audience, get autographed photos and meet them. It's $950 for the above and to have a photo taken with them. I don't know if thats the standard cost of these type of events.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 23:49
My niece was very exited to read that Matt Smith and some former Dr Who cast members were coming over here, until she found out the cost of the ticket prices and the cost of autographed photos etc. She is not so excited anymore.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 19:53
I haven't watched Dr. Who since  DAvid Tennant left, and the writer with him (Russell T Davies?) so can take it or leave it, but I did watch the 50th Anniversay with Matt, and DAvid (feat. Billie Piper)
I didn't see the Xmas day edition as my kids told me it wasn't good.
My husband's 10 year old nephew tho (who is registered as disabled because of his autism- but is in mainstream school) is OBSESSED, with DR. Who.
He has every episode on DVD, (ok, not the missing ones that just turned up in some far flung corner of Africa or somewhere) and knows every single Doctor in detail. His room is like a Tardis, has tons of  collectors item
He sometimes dresses as Peter Davison with the 'cricket outfit' with question marks on the collar (even I didn't know what they were) . He also likes to dress smartly in jacket , bow tie etc.. like Matt Smith!!!
I'm always picking up bits and bobs of Dr. Who whenever I see them in charity shops etc...
I'm not sure what he'll think of the new one/Dr., we'll have to wait and see.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 17:23
I was a bit disappointed in the episode itself; for me the best bit was the regeneration.

I'm already sold on the new Doctor, though.  Maybe because he's different from the last, and Matt, fantastic actor that he is, never did it as "The Doctor" for me.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 15:39
I watched the Christmas special on Boxing Day and I have mixed feeings about Peter Capaldi as the next Doctor Who. To be fair, he was only at the end of the episode, so I should really wait for the next series.
It was clever in the way it was done to get the next regeneration and any subsequent regenerations.
fantasticfoxy View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fantasticfoxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 21:34
I must say, I was initially quite unsure about Peter Capaldi's appointment. worrying how an older doctor would affect after David Tennant and Matt Smith. However, having seen the 50th Anniversary show and seeing how well they wrote John Hurt's Doctor, I am very much excited to see what this new era brings.   
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 19:58
I was a bit concerned it wouldn't live up to the hype, but I loved the whole thing. Seeing Tom Baker back in Doctor Who after all these years.... well, I felt like a child again.

And I'm now even more excited to see where the next Doctor goes! Roll on Christmas!
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 13:38
The Santarins also did a bit on cinema etiquette - use of communication devices and the need to consume nutrients in a quiet manner. It made you pay attention.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 14:51
I saw The Day of the Doctor in 3D tonight. It was well worth it. It had extra bits with the Doctor and the Santarins, not actually related to the story, but how to enjoy the movie in 3D.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 21:11
The Day of the Doctor was so good. It was so worthy of representing the 50h anniversary. The writers were both clever and creative.
fantasticfoxy View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote fantasticfoxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2013 at 09:09
Words cannot express just how excited I am for tonight! So here are a few smileys:
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2013 at 22:07
After the UK, Australia must have the next largest fan base for Doctor Who. We'll be watching when "The Day of the Doctor" airs here tomorrow morning Sydney time (over breakfast). We will also be watching it at the cinema in 3D on Monday night. Just in case fans miss the morning episode our ABC is repeating it twice more in the following 24 hours.

The ABC (Australia's counterpart to BBC) has had a Dr Who exhibition at their studios and been airing all kinds of Dr Who programs leading up to tomorrow.

Last year I went to a Dr Who philharmonic concert at the Sydney Opera House.I had never seen so many fans dressed as their favourite Dr Who. There were Daleks, Cybermen, vampire women etc. The MCs were Alex Kingston and the actor who played Rory's dad. The concert was held in Melbourne the previous year and the next one will be held in Brisbane. My niece has a life size cardboard tardis in her bedroom.
 Post Reply Post Reply