I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > The X Factor 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X Factor 2013 Australia winner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X Factor 2013 Australia winner
    Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 01:58
I'll just summarise X Factor Australia here. The judges were Ronan Keating, Natalie Bassingthwaighte (Aussie performer), Danni Minogue and Redfoo. I had no idea who Redfoo was when they did the show promos earlier this year. I just thought 'Who is this clown?'. Well since he has been on X factor he has won me over. He is just lovely. His father started Motown records.

The three grand finalists were Dami Im (Danii Minogue's mentee), Taylor Henderson and Jai Waetford who at 14 years of age is probably the youngest X Factor grand finalist ever. Both were with Ronan Keating.
I have put in links to their auditions and week 9 performances as they had additional mentoring from Tina Arena who is back home doing Dancing with the Stars. (Incidently both Tina Arena and Danni Minogue both started out as child performers on the same show "Young Talent Time" in Australia.)

Dami was the favourite to win and win she did. In the final 12 shows, she had at least 5 standing ovations from all the judges. She nearly didn't make it to the final 12. She got to boot camp and in the performance that counted, she forgot the lyrics part way through, She was eliminated. Fate had other plans. One of the other contestants in the 'over's' category who made it through to home visits could not continue for whatever reasons he had and Dami was given a second chance. Having Danni as a mentor was great since she has been a judge on X Factor UK and her comments and mentoring came with a lot of experience.
Dami's audition

Dami's week 9 performance

Dami Im Highlights

Taylor Henderson had auditioned with his father for Australia's Got Talent a few years ago when Danni Minogue was a judge on it and she rembered him when he came to audition for X Factor. Taylor was runner up in the grand final.

Taylor's audition

Taylor week 9

Jai Waetford was a favourite with fans because of his talent for his age. I think Ronan had a soft spot for him as his mentor as his son is the same age. Jai came third in the competition.

Jai's audition

Jai Week 9 (not his best performance, but he still got through)

Edited by MargiABC - 29 Oct 2013 at 02:02
 Post Reply Post Reply