I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Celebritain.com Entertainment Forum > Television and Film
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Next Dr Who

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Online Status: Offline
  Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 07:57
Great cake Margi!!!!, you're very good making extra cupcakes!!
are you watching the 'Great British Bake-off'
I do, but I'm still not in my kitchen very much, and have never baked a cake in my life (yet!!) suppose there's still time.
I do like watching the show tho (usually 4 or 5 hours they get to bake!!)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 16:50
Thanks Deborah.
They did show one series earlier this year and we had the Aussie version last year. I was wondering why they were cooking in a big marquee when it would be so hot in summer here, when the series was made. Then I saw the British version and realised they just copied the same physical format for the Aussie version.
I do a lot of baking when we have a party at home. I made most of the desserts for my niece's party -all gluten free, except the sweet pastry cases (made with regular flour and baked blind) for lemon meringue and passionfruit curd tartlets. The fillings were gluten free, so my older sister used the GF profiteroles, split them and filled them with the curd and I always make the meringues separately and just pop them on top after the cases are filled (I like crunchy meringue, not soft meringue). My GF recipes are in the food topics section.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 20:45
sorry that is like another language to me, I understand the word 'cake'
but after that- nothing!!!!
I really am not a kitchen person (it came with the house!!)
I don't mind washing up!!

btw I have just started a full time 2 year course in Social Health/Work- at my old age! so i guess I'll never learn to cook /bake now, oh well!!
Happy to eat other's offerings always tho!! I'm still volunteering with vulnerable adults- what inspired me, and they all said they wanted me to be their support/social worker!! so giving it a go!
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 11:17
nobody watching dr.who in this house still (keep deleting it week after week, have it on series record.
I did watch the one on the train (i watched it alone as no-one interested)
but have lost interest really.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2015 at 01:47
I went to another Dr Who Symphonic Spectacular yesterday. It was quite good with Peter Davidson (5th Doctor) as host. This show will be the one they will do in the UK later this year. Australia was the first country to see this production and it will go to New Zealand next. It had 'live' Daleks, Cybermen, Ood, vampire women, deadly mummy, and other aliens and monsters on stage and in the aisles. Not as many audience members dressed up in character this time - more of the commercially available merchandise T-shirts and dresses were worn, although we did see one audience member dressed as Missy.

Edited by MargiABC - 08 Feb 2015 at 01:49
Tups View Drop Down
Swallows
Swallows
The Queen Of Tarts

Quote Tups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2015 at 22:30
I normally love Dr Who.. but I cant take to this Dr... it seems to be going over my head, I really thought being in my 50's and watching Dr Who since William Hartnell I would like the older Dr, but no.. I think my all time Fave was David Tennant, wasnt prepared to like Matt Smith because I was mourning the loss of DT, but I think I even prefer him to Peter Capaldi.. such a shame that I am losing interest

Edited by Tups - 17 Feb 2015 at 22:31
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2015 at 06:11
I went to the Dr Who festival in Sydney on Saturday. There is also one in the UK. I don't know if it has been on or is coming up soon.
WOW!! It was expensive, but did not disappoint. Sylvester McCoy, Peter Capaldi, Stephen Moffat and Ingrid Oliver (Osgood) were in attendance as well as production crew for special effects, costumes, monster/alien costumes and prosthetics, directors and writers of different episodes. They all gave talks / interviews /workshops. The day started at 9.30am and the last event finished at 5.30pm.
My niece (a huge Whovian)got a hug from Ingrid Oliver. When Ingrid is not dressed in character, she can walk around and not be noticed. My niece was at one of the merchandise stands when a lady asked her to pass something to her so she could look at it more closely. When my niece handed it to her she realised it was Ingrid Oliver and asked for a hug. Never having been to anything like this before (never been to Comic con), it was an eye opener. It cost $40 to have a photo with Peter Capaldi or any other actor present. Photos with other people e.g. directors, writers was cheaper. Then it was between $15 to $40 to get an autograph depending on whose autograph you wanted. Tickets had to be purchased on line for photos and autograph opportunities, once we had the tickets for the actual day.
All the costumes and monsters were from the current series. The special effects talk had a Dalek blown up on stage (not a big explosion - enough to pop its top. The fellow in charge explained all the ways he has blown up props etc for the show and other effects. He and his SFX production company also worked on the new Sherlock movie and the Outlander series.
They are going to televise bits of the day sometime next year. My niece was stopped by some BBC production crew and asked to give feedback on camera about the talks given by the actors.
Peter Capaldi gave a spoiler without realising the episode wasn't going to air until last night in Sydney - the demise of Clara. He was asked by an audience member which moment he had filmed was the most emotional and he said it was Clara's death.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12