I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I hardly like to ask...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hardly like to ask...
    Posted: 18 July 2013 at 19:14
...but is anyone else fed up of the heatwave?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 00:38
I noticed on the world weather forecast that you are expecting high 20s and low 30s °C all week. Lots of fluids, a portable electric fan (if you don't have any other form of cooling) and light loose clothing Jo. I always carry a fold up hand held fan in my hand bag in summer so I can use it when I am out if I need it. I used to think it looked daggy using the fan, until people who are hot and uncomfortable are eyeing it off wishing they had one rather than the folded up bit of newspaper.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 08:56
Yes me! I feel really unwell in the hot weather. We had been married a year in the 'went on forever one' of 1976. I was on night duty and  my uniform was a thick heavy one. I thought I would die.
We have fans everywhere, 3 in the bedroom. I wish it would rain, because we are on a water meter so  are too frightened to use the hosepipe and the garden is parched .
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 12:32
My mum just came in with two tiny hand held fans,
a box of freeze pops and two ice cube trays Tongue

I guess the Aussie cricket team feel at home!

Edited by Jo Bird - 19 July 2013 at 12:40
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 13:59
I have a fan on my bedside table. I freeze a 2pt plastic bottle (old milk bottle) full of water and put it in front of the fan. It cools the air down as it passes over it, I have a very comfortable night
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 16:33
Most houses out my way have air conditioning. We have a split system one where its wall mounted inside and the motor is mounted on the wall outside. We only have it upstairs as the westerly sun in summer makes these rooms much hotter than the rooms downstairs. A lot of the houses in newer estates have ducted air conditioning - cheaper to install while the house is being built.
You can buy portable air conditioners, but they only work well in a small room. It comes with a flexible hose that must be mounted to a window to remove hot air produced by the motor. It produces a lot of water from the atmosphere that collects in a removeable tank inside the unit. We used to have one when we first moved in to this house bit it was too inefficient for the size of the room.

Edited by MargiABC - 19 July 2013 at 16:48
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 16:45

I'm another one fed up with it, Jo.  I've got the best office at work (pity the air con seems to work better than the heating through the winter, but you can't have everything) and the electric fan perfectly placed at home, but I still don't like it.

The glare gives me headaches, it's too hot to sleep, and every time I venture outside I feel like I've stepped into a furnace. 

I solemnly promise not to moan next winter!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 16:49
Originally posted by BambionIce

Me too LOL
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 08:34
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Originally posted by BambionIce

Me too LOL

Count me in! I'm one of those very odd people who loves winter. My excuse is, that in the cold weather  we can wrap up with as many layers as we chose to, but there's only so much you can take off in summer without being arrested.

I also love snow but as I'm getting older, I'm not to keen on going out and about in it
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 15:24
nod I love the hot weather, find winter far too depressing and dark, hate cloudy skies too, grey ones awful.
Was too depressed after coming back from Aus in January, to a bad English Winter.
currently in Bulgaria!!! last minute booking a few weeks ago, as English summer was just too dire for me!!
34C! here everyday, so good on the old bones, I need to retire back to Aus, Spain, or somewhere with warm (humid?) weather, love the sunshine!!!!

no need to worry here, about what you look like, almost naked, some sights!! mostly Russians!!!! some people obviously don't own mirrors, or their eyesight gone !!!

Coming back to UK tomorrow, but here it's still lovely and warm there!!

Dovidanjeh!!!!

Deb (in Sunny Beach)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 22:58
my neighbours found me out in the garden the other day i remember going out to feed the ginger stray at 11 am i must have past in the heat they found me 11.30  cracked my head against the shed......roll on the snow i say....then again i can't go out in that as i have a phobia of snow so lets say a bit of wind and rain and i will be ok thankyou very much
moonshine
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2013 at 08:50
 You OK now moonshine?  What a horrible thing to happen. Our kitchen is like an oven, I've never known anything like it. Last week I was so hot I couldn't remember washing up after tea. 
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 20:57
I prefer the winter to summer :)
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 23:05
i am fine now thank you

had a bruise the size of australia on the side of my face

but nothing else to worry about
thanks for asking toots

Edited by moonshine - 26 July 2013 at 23:06
moonshine
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 10:04
Originally posted by Bren

I prefer the winter to summer :)

Me too Bren. You can wrap up with as many layers as you like, but in the summer there is only so much you take off without being arrested.

I knit all my husbands socks and last week I found a pattern for ladies socks knitted in double knitting (proper sock wool is half that) so I'm knitting like mad, I had to go out and buy 4 size 7 needles because my double pointed ones are all 11's and 13's but my wellies will never have been so warm and comfy when we are out walking in the next snow
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2013 at 19:16
It's cool and wet in Somerset. Relief Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>