I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wimbledon 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 19:16
Originally posted by MargiABC

It was great to see our newest and youngest cricketer, Ashton Agar make history yesterday at his international debut.
I've been listening on the radio as it's not on freeview here.
Agar certainly made an impact. He deserved to get a 100.

Edited by Jo Bird - 12 July 2013 at 19:17
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2013 at 08:38
Originally posted by Jo Bird

It was great to see our newest and youngest cricketer, Ashton Agar make history yesterday at his international debut.

Don't you start Jo, I get enough from MarkCry  He loves cricket but we only have Freeview ( on the premise that there is enough crap on TV without paying for it) and he is up in arms that our national summer game isn't free to watch. It should be on the Beeb. He is a quiet easy going man but there are somethings which make his blood pressure shoot up... Europe, immigration, MP's salaries and expenses top of the list.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2013 at 12:59
Originally posted by Toots

Originally posted by Jo Bird

I get enough from MarkCry  He loves cricket but we only have Freeview and he is up in arms that our national summer game isn't free to watch. It should be on the Beeb.
Too true Toots. It ought to be free... if only to inspire the next generation.

Edited by Jo Bird - 13 July 2013 at 12:59
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2013 at 23:55
Its free to air in Australia on one of the major TV stations secondary channels. There would be a national upcry from cricket fans if the Ashes are not televised free to air here. The time difference makes it difficult for some to watch.

I know Cricket NSW is encouraging children to be involved in cricket, particularly girls and boys under 13 years from any cultural background, but particularly children whose culture does not include cricket as a sport. They have started Saturday morning meets. One of the Saturday morning organisers for his area is the former NSWo Premier Morris Iemma. The aim is to get kids fit, involved in a sport and find the future generation of state and international cricketers.

Edited by MargiABC - 14 July 2013 at 00:01
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2013 at 17:19
That was very close... I thought Australia were going to win.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2013 at 18:53
Only lost by 14 runs.

We just have to smash it from Thursday onwards.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567