I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wimbledon 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 08:08
I learned to play tennis 50 years ago and have been hooked (as a spectator now)  ever since. This year was the 50th Wimbledon I have watched and I've not seen a better match than that. Tennis of the highest quality and a worthy winner. I cried!

I'm glad its all over I don't think I could take another week without medication.
I've really enjoyed being a part of this thread and although we were only a small bunch we gelled  didn't we and saw history being made? I don't expect we'll meet up again until Strictly, but that's not long to go now.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 12:01
It was a wonderful two weeks with a very happy ending.
My favourite moment was when Ivan Lendl smiled... Big%20smile

Man Behind The Racquet is on again tonight. BBC1 9pm.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 16:40
sorry, i've not kept up with the tennis, did see the last 5 mins of Andy Murray's win tho.
Never been a big fan of Andy's but glad he won, it proves anyone can play tennis, no matter their background/schooling etc..- if they have the talent, and they want it enough.
I did catch Boris Becker on the after match interviews, is it me , or has he aged a lot in the last year or two??

I've been involved in a lot of my son's cricket last few weeks he had 5 games in one 8 day spell, so no time to fit in another sport.
Plus the ashes starts this week too.......and hubby is back overseas this week.

Right off taxi-ing to cricket training again this evening.
(did listen to some of the Andy/ Djokovic on the car radio friday evening whilst watching son's cricket match)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 16:41
oops meant Andy, and the tall Pole, didn't hear about the roof fiasco till later that evening
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 17:14
We missed you Deb. Hope the son's team are doing well.

Boris is looking older isn't he... but still as adorable as ever.
I got the impression he was rooting for Murray too Tongue
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 17:42
yep my son's team won (last thursday) the county cup again - U13's(2nd year they won county trophy) so school cricket now over.
Now playing for local club, U13's, and U15's so keeps me busy, plus the training for them, and another academy set up locally.- not to mention he's still has tennis, and football training started up too.
I was very pleased as he got his first 100, two days after his 13th birthday! (101  n/o off 76 balls in Ipswich, I missed it- but cricket coach/teacher took this pic, in Ipswich*)

Edited by deborah31 - 08 July 2013 at 17:45
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 20:08

Aah. Bless him. He really looks the part. One for the mantelpiece.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 20:29
Aww bless him. I can just see him holding up the ashes in a few years time. Isn't it nice to see youngsters looking healthy and playing sports. Not just sitting in front of a computer. How's the diet going Debs? We didn't half miss you on here this year. Just see tht you are around for Strictly!
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2013 at 23:37
You must be very proud of his achievements Deborah. Its great to see the future of the sport's world.

Talking about the Ashes, the ads on TV promoting it here are starting on the rivalry (the Wallabies lost to the Lions in rugby last week), and they are looking at all the wins UK athletes have had recently.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 08:42
I know Margi. I think they have been putting something in their tea! For years we had to settle for being brave runners up and now we have the 'killer instinct'. For some years  lottery money has been given to sporting projects and it seems to be paying dividends 
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 13:30
I can't get used to it. I'm still surprised every time a Brit wins anything.

What's the mood like in Oz Margi? Who do the media think will win?
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 16:18
I know the feeling, Jo; I grew up sort of expecting us to be the "plucky also-rans", so all this recent success is a bit hard to get used to!

I've never managed to get my head around cricket - the one sport my late father didn't watch religiously - so I'll be totally bemused by the Ashes.  It's just as well, because another few weeks like Wimbledon fortnight would be a bit too much for my heart to stand!

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 21:54

I like cricket but I won't lose any sleep over the Ashes Whistle

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 00:17
Originally posted by Jo Bird

What's the mood like in Oz Margi? Who do the media think will win?

The media here wants Australia to win, but wanting them to win and Australia actually winniing are not always equal. Reading about Australia' s recent form in India isn't encouraging.

We will just have to wait and see. I won't be losing any sleep over the Ashes either, but I would like Australia to win.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2013 at 09:04
Cricket, darts and bowls, I just can't get into. My husband likes cricket but I just can't generate any enthusiasm.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2013 at 18:01
My late father loved to watch cricket. I remember when he bought our first colour TV - Dad was so excited that he could watch the cricket in colour (green pitch and white uniforms as opposed to grey scale pitch and white uniforms). It was better when Kerry Packer started World Series cricket that broke away from test series as teams had coloured uniforms. He was also the first to introduce night games under lights to allow more people to watch cricket live. I remember teachers at work in the late 1970s and early 80s going to the Sydney Cricket Ground straight after school to watch night cricket.
It was great to see our newest and youngest cricketer, Ashton Agar make history yesterday at his international debut.

Edited by MargiABC - 12 July 2013 at 18:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>