I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wimbledon 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 19:36
Serena out! Yes indeed JOShocked  We've been watching Ms Lisiki and have her marked down as blinking good. But knock out SerenaWorshiprespect!
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 09:25

I wouldn't be surprised if Lisicki wins it. She's amazing!

Where's Bambi gone? She hasn't been here since saturday...

Edited by Jo Bird - 02 July 2013 at 09:29
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 11:24
I don't know I'm wondering where she is too. We are backing Lisicki for the championship BUT! we've seen and I 'm sure you have too Jo, someone come through after knocking out a champion and causing a huge upset the go out in straight sets in the next round. Its as if they gave their all and haven't fully recharged for the next one. I doubt Sabine will be like that because she has an old head on those shoulders
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:49
I've not gone far, ladies - just flattened by banging headaches. Probably didn't help myself much by bouncing up and down cheering for Sabine Lisicki!

Laura, I hope, will come back stronger with a bit more experience. I've not been so optimistic about a British girl in years as I am about her. I remember feeling the same about Andy Murray at a similar stage in his career, and he's not let me down!

Bit gutted that two of my favourite women's players are in the same half of the draw - Lisicki and Radwanska. If either one wins the championship I'll be delighted. Andy had me worried for a bit in the second set, but then Djokovic looked almost human against Tommy Haas too, so I'm still hoping!

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 17:17
Laura will do it right enough Bambi, but it wasn't to be this year. Lisicki came through effortlessly today didn't she?  I'm rooting for her and also Andy. I thought it would be an unusual Wimbledon when Marcus Baghdatis went out in round 1 and I wasn't far wrong.

How are you Jo? I haven't said anything before, because I didn't want to sound like a whinger but we have had a very uncertain and unsettling  couple of weeks. Out of the blue, after getting the all clear, Mark had a call back for another angiogram. The letter said 'irregularities'  We've been awfully worried. We went for the tests today and damn me it wasn't a problem on Mark's side at all. The machine didn't give a clear enough picture and the consultant wanted it re done to be absolutely sure. He sailed through, but why couldn't they have said what it was and saved us a lot of worry. Talking about worry...

Have we had the ransom note on Deborah yet? It's not like her not to be on here for Wimbledon no matter how busy she is.

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 19:15
Hope you feel better soon Bambi; Glad Mark has the all clear Toots.

Another day of surprises... I didn't expect Bartoli or Flipkens to win.
I don't have a favourite which makes it far less stressful to watch!

Deborah's probably watching a cricket match somewhere Big%20smile
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 19:22
Serena being out has certainly made the ladies event more interesting; I was one of those who had her down as an absolute certainty!

It's nice to be able to sit back and relax watching the tennis - I'll be on edge tomorrow for Andy again! And I'm glad they're showing a bit of the "seniors" doubles. McEnroe wasn't exactly my favourite in his prime - I didn't like the outbursts - but when he kept his mouth shut, he was one heck of a player.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 02:49
I'm glad Mark is OK Toots. I hope you are well too Bambi. I'm not follwing Wimbledon (you probably already guessed that). They only show the highlights most of the time on free to air TV, but they do show the whole match when an Aussie is playing. I think Tomic is the only one left. When it is shown live, I'm in bed because of the time difference. Its shown everynight on of the pay TV channels, but we don't have that.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 08:06
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Hope you feel better soon Bambi; Glad Mark has the all clear Toots.

Another day of surprises... I didn't expect Bartoli or Flipkens to win.
I don't have a favourite which makes it far less stressful to watch!

Deborah's probably watching a cricket match somewhere Big%20smile

And if her team isn't doing too well, I wouldn't put it past her to grab a bat and go and help them out.LOL Hope she's back soon I miss her
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 09:18

Murray's up second on Centre. I feel nervous already.

He's going to win isn't he... He has to win. C'mon Andy Bounce

Edited by Jo Bird - 03 July 2013 at 09:20
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 09:31
Glad it's not just me, Jo! It's ridiculous how worked up I get about these things, even when my head's saying he should come through it fine

Hello Margi, by the way! You may get to see a bit more of Wimbledon in years to come: I can see Tomic doing very well here someday.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 14:09
Me too Bambi. I feel sick and I have a dreadful headache. he hasn't even started yet so I dread to think what I'll be like if its a 5 setter
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 14:35
This is such a brave effort from Del Potro after that horrible-looking fall! I was rooting for him anyway because I thought he could give Djokovic more of a fight than Ferrer could, but now - come on, Juan Martin!
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 17:12
Switching Murry off so that I can concentrate on tea. I never thought I'd say this but he doesn't deserve to win playing like this. Verdasco is playing Murray AND the crowd but you wouldn't think it. On top of that, Murray's language is not that sweet. I hope he's pulled himself together when I go back over
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 17:18
On the bright side at least I won't spend Friday as a nervous wreck, because I won't really mind who gets through to the final!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 18:33
Please let Murray win now Pray
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>