I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wimbledon 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wimbledon 2013
    Posted: 24 June 2013 at 18:12
What a day! What a match! I'm exhausted and its only day 1.

It was exciting and edge of your seat time this afternoon but the Nadal? Darcis match was fantastic. Yes, Rafa's knee was playing up, and I feel we may not see him at Wimbledon next year, but Darcis played a blinder.

I'm off now to put some porridge oats in a muslin bag and have a nice soak in soft water
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 18:18

I can't believe it. Nadal out in round one. All that fuss about the draw for nothing.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 18:19
haha just came to post this - tell ya it is a SIGN Murray gonna win this year

Rafa%20Nadal
KICKED IN THE NADS ... Rafa is out

Rafa’s Darcest hour

Published: 8 minutes ago

RAFA NADAL slumped to a shock Wimbledon defeat as he lost in a Grand Slam opener for the first EVER time.

French Open champion Nadal was sent crashing 6-4 7-6 6-4 to unknown Steve Darcis.

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2013 at 21:42
I hope so Bren Big%20smile
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 08:15
Well, none of the top seeds playing yesterday ( except Federer) sailed through did they? I watched the Hewitt match and that was nail biting too. My mum always used to like seeing the top players have hard matches as openers; she reckoned it sharpened up. She also liked to see the underdog give them a shock.
I have to go to town this morning to sort out my bus pass. Hope to get back for an afternoon in front of the TV. This is not getting my knitting done is it? And as for my tapestry... won't see that again in the next fortnight
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 19:19
Much calmer day at SW19...

Great result for Laura but sorry to see Heather go out.
I wonder if she's still feeling the effects of the illness.

Laura's got Andy Murray's old coach hasn't she...
Hope she goes on this year to at least third round.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 20:37

I really enjoyed Laura's match, but felt for Heather. She's still not 100% fit. There again, a couple of the top players have had to give up completely  after glandular fever so all power to Heather for fighting back so quickly.

I think you're right about Heather's coach Jo

The Ferrer  match was a good one too. And we got an added bonus  at 7pm. Sabine Lisicki gave a master class in her match. Roll on tomorrow

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 14:58
Dustin Brown has 2 new fans hubby and me
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 17:02
He's great isn't he Toots... Very entertaining.

A few players have dropped out with injuries
so he could do well in his quarter of the draw.

Murray looks like he has this one under control.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 17:21
Hi everyone - loving the whole event already and I'm still following on text updates at work! Roll on next week when I can plonk myself in front of the telly!

Fantastic win for Laura yesterday, so pleased fo her.  I'm slightly worried for Andy though - Nadal out, now Tsonga's pulled out too, people are going to start saying things are falling his way.  With Federer looking so good and Djokovic too, I daren't even think about it!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 20:48
A crazy day at Wimbledon Shocked  I'm lost for words Faint

Edited by Jo Bird - 26 June 2013 at 20:50
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 20:57
told ya girls its a SIGN

now federer is gone :)
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 08:09
Originally posted by Bren

told ya girls its a SIGN

now federer is gone :)

Sure was Bren and what comes next I ask myself?

I don't blame the players voicing concerns about the courts.   If I fall over its a bit painful, but it doesn't change my life. If they fall, it could be the end of their careers.
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:13
How fantastic was Stakhovskiy (sp!) yesterday?  Loved seeing somebody actually attacking the net - and Dustin Brown has gained another fan in me.

Not sorry to see the back of Sharapova, although it's a pity she lost to another squawker. Just hope Laura Robson keeps it together today.  I worry more about her when she's expected to win than when she's the underdog!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:13
Originally posted by BambionIce

Not sorry to see the back of Sharapova, although it's a pity she lost to another squawker.
LOL Hopefully Michelle Larchar will go out in the next round. Far too loud!
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2013 at 17:32
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Originally posted by BambionIce

Not sorry to see the back of Sharapova, although it's a pity she lost to another squawker.
LOL Hopefully Michelle Larchar will go out in the next round. Far too loud!

Imagine living next door to her girlsShocked

I'm worried about the courts. Hubby says its the shoes, but they sure do look greasy to me. If I fell over, I'd be stiff and sore for a while. If the players have a bad fall it could end their careers.
Do you remember the old head groundsman in the 60's and 70's? he always wore a flat cap and had those courts immaculate and playable from day 1. I bed when he retired, he was replaced by someone with an ology

Edited by Toots - 27 June 2013 at 17:32
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>