I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Eastbourne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eastbourne
    Posted: 17 June 2013 at 16:07
Eastbourne starts tomorrow (18th) and Wimbledon a week todayLOLLOL so I'm glad we have today off to calm down a bit
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 17:49

Me too Toots. I didn't get up til noon. Just had a look at the charity match Big%20smile

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 21:00
Did you watch any tennis today Toots?

All the Brits are out but the young lad Kyle
put up a good fight against the French fella.

Maybe he's the next Andy Murray Wink
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 19:48
I sure did Jo.. our girls went down like a row of skittles. Yep. I have high hopes for Kyle in the future. Did you know that Nadal is seeded 5 for Wimbledon so could meet Andy in the quarters? Not to mention the other two!

Our dog hasn't been too good. I found a growth on her lip which looked very suspicious so took her to the vet who took it off and sent it way for tests. Then she had to go back. Whilst she likes the vet and the nurses, she doesn't like staying. Anyway, we had the results yesterday. It was a cancer but a very low grade one and in its earliest stages. He got it all out and she has had a clean bill of health.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 21:41

I'm so glad Dolly's ok Toots. Bless her.

Quite concerned about the draw for Andy...
I'm praying he won't have Nadal in his quarter.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 08:33
Its not a good draw for him at all. I hope to see a spot more tennis today. We only have to go to an open day at my mum's care home... I hope she doesn't bite or throw anything at anyone.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 13:27

It's not a well balanced draw is it Toots... but at least Murray won't have Nadal in QF's.

And if Nadal and Federer have a marathon QF Murray might just beat one of them in SF's.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 14:38
sorry i can't join in this conversation, haven't seen any tennis, well only the presentation of the trophy to Andy Murray at Queens.
We're bogged down with cricket here, on everyday, and highlights every evening!!
Husband just back from 3 weeks working overseas, so now he's catching up on it all too!!
Plus son has 5 cricket matches this week (well in 8 days) subject to rain!! and I've been the transport on most (and previous weeks)so having a bit of a rest now, before hubby starts
travelling again.
My son did play a  tennis match, and a doubles last week, and is unbeaten this term (in tennis) but must confess didn't see any of his games, how bad a mother am I?? !!, lol , I did use to play a bit myself (mostly doubles), but not a big watcher I'm afraid, more of a social bit of fun.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 15:13
It was 40 years ago this year that Billie Jean King set up the Women's Tennis Association.  I remember it well, because I was swotting for my midwifery finals and sweating because a job in Canada depended on me being dual qualified and at the same time I was  trying to keep up with how Billie Jean was doing.

If you weren't around 40 years ago, or busy in school, you will not realize what a brave thing it was that she did. Back then women's tennis was a bit of a joke...  'Oh look. The little dears are finishing the washing up, popping to Wimbledon to play a match and then back home for tea' It was male dominated and they did not want women to have any say in the game. Of course, the prize money for women was farcical too and in some tournaments, the women had to get changed in the ladies loo, there were only male changing rooms!
Billie Jean took a lot of stick but stuck to her guns. The final meeting to plan it tall was in an hotel with Betty Stove ( a strapping wench) on the door to stop any women chickening out before everything was signed and sealed.

Edited by Toots - 21 June 2013 at 15:14
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 17:55
I did see Billy Jean King on the One show, I didn't realise how she had helped to get women in the professional field , and get payment.
I love the story about the male (chauvenist ) tennis player she played and beat.
So what a great success she was for women in tennis (and I'm sure it  must of influenced other sport)

I am all for equal pay, but the one thing that I'm not sure about is why the women who play less  sets at Wimbledon get paid the same?  I'd rather it was equal pay per set, in this way men get paid less, so it's not equality for them is it??  Works out a higher pay per women per hour on court then too.

I did watch  Rod Laver many years ago, in Melbourne, at a seniors comp, after I'd watched Agassi etc.. on their no. 1 court.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2013 at 18:56
Originally posted by deborah31

sorry i can't join in this conversation, haven't seen any tennis, well only the presentation of the trophy to Andy Murray at Queens.
We're bogged down with cricket here, on everyday, and highlights every evening!!
Husband just back from 3 weeks working overseas, so now he's catching up on it all too!!
Plus son has 5 cricket matches this week (well in 8 days) subject to rain!! and I've been the transport on most (and previous weeks)so having a bit of a rest now, before hubby starts
travelling again.
My son did play a  tennis match, and a doubles last week, and is unbeaten this term (in tennis) but must confess didn't see any of his games, how bad a mother am I?? !!, lol , I did use to play a bit myself (mostly doubles), but not a big watcher I'm afraid, more of a social bit of fun.

It was Bobby Riggs, in 1973 and she won $100.000 dollars.
 Post Reply Post Reply