I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy Birthday...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy Birthday...
    Posted: 14 June 2013 at 19:22
...Margi Big%20smile Just noticed your name. Hope it's not too late.

Edited by Jo Bird - 14 June 2013 at 19:23
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 02:33
Thank you Jo. I had a great day yesterday. I saw 'Star Trek: Edge of Darkness' yesterday. The cinema has a loyalty program, so I had enough points to see it for free. That was a nice present. I had dinner out with some friends last night and had my favourite dessert - a passionfruit tart. I like any dessert with passionfruit in it.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 08:03
Awwww nuts! I missed it too. Belated, but very genuine greetings Margi. How's the weather, bit chilly yet?  I haven't seen Edge of darkness, is it worth going? Glad you had a nice meal, you deserve it
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 17:28
Thank you for your birthday wishes Toots and Jo.

A mild wintet so far. I've only worn a winter jacket twice so far. We've had a couple of very foggy days in the ladt 3 weeks grounding flights at the airport for several hours.

You will enjoy the newest ST movie Toots. Lots of action, familiar characters played by different actors, but keeping the mannerisms of the original characters. Apparently fans of Chris Pine (Kirk) are called 'Pine nuts' and fans of Benedict Cumberbatch are called 'Cumberbiatches'.
I recently bought DVD boxed sets of all 5 series of ST. 4 seasons of the original series, 7 seasons for each series of Next Gen, DS9, Voyager and 5 seasons of Enterprise. My niece was home for the long weekend and we watched 6 episodes of the original series. She hadn't seen them before and was most intrigued by the 1960s props and special effects, compared to what can be seen now on current sci fi movies / shows.

Edited by MargiABC - 15 June 2013 at 17:33
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 09:12
The original series... pure genius. I got into then when I was a student and there was no such thing as TV in your rooms. There was just 1 in the common room. My pal Di INSISTED that she saw it and consequently converted all of us into fans. My favourite of all the later ones is Voyager and my least favourite, Deep Space 9. I haven't seen any of the prequels so will make a point now
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 16:23
I could not get in to the first movie with the current actors as it took me a while to relate to them. I guess I was comparing them to the original series. Edge of Darkness was better as the actors were now established as the ST characters.
 Post Reply Post Reply