I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy birthday Toots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Online Status: Offline
  Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy birthday Toots
    Posted: 31 May 2013 at 07:12
I hope you have a wonderful birthday today Toots and the weather starts to feel like summer.

Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 09:25
Happy Birthday Toots. Cheers Drink
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 19:09
many many thanks....now listen to my day.

We have had the builders in yesterday and today. We picked a reputable local firm which is well thought of in the city. British Gas did our worcester  combi boiler and they were great so we though 'You gets what yer pays for' and expected the same standard.

The work men (3 of them) were due to arrive at 8am, so we were up early. They didn't turn up until 10 and if God gave any of them a brain he robbed a rabbit. The first thing they did was plug their phones into our sockets to charge them, then the eldest one said '3 coffees love 2 sugars in all'.  I said 'Look here Junior, this is how its going to be: You work and if, at lunchtime, you have worked hard you'll get some coffee AND get your phones out of our sockets' Things went OK yesterday and to be honest they did a fair days work. Today they turned up at 8am and drank coffee from their flasks until 9am. Then they started. The first thing that went wrong was that they cut through our mains electric (don't ask) the second thing was when they drilled through a water pipe upstairs, but didn't know they had until  the ceiling came down in our hall cupboard. That's when my husband rang the boss and told him to get round here asp because our grounds for damages were growing by the second.

The job has been finished by another team from the same firm, much different set of men and the ceiling will be replastered at no expense to us (too bloody true) and the cupboard replaster boarded and painted when it has dried out and we are getting compensation for the whole horrid mess

I can't tell you how much this has made my day. It didn't feel like my birthday I can tell you

Edited by Toots - 31 May 2013 at 19:12
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 23:41
Oh Toots, what a day you have had! I hope the repair work is done as soon as possible and to a high standard.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 09:26
That's bad luck Toots... especially on your birthday.
There are some cowboys out there... Angry 

Edited by Jo Bird - 01 June 2013 at 09:28
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
 Post Reply Post Reply