I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dancing on Ice to finish in 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dancing on Ice to finish in 2014
    Posted: 21 May 2013 at 08:42

Dancing on Ice to finish in 2014

After eight years on our screens ITV, Jayne  Torvill and Christopher Dean today announced that the 2014 series of Dancing on Ice will be the last.

ITV’s Director of Television, Peter Fincham said: “Dancing on Ice has been a firm favourite with viewers and we all have every intention of going out on a high next year.”

Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean said: “Next year will be the 30th anniversary of Bolero and our Olympic Gold medal in Sarajevo and for us, it seemed a fitting time to say goodbye to Dancing on Ice.  We wanted to go out on a high.  We have loved every minute of the eight series and we’re determined to make our final series the best ever."

For those of you fretful to see Torvill and Dean hanging up their skates, fear not. The skating duo went on to reveal: "Skating will very definitely continue for us both. There will also be a final Dancing on Ice live UK arena tour, starting in March next year. We are already planning it and there will be some great surprises for audiences across the country.”

Peter Fincham added: "Torvill & Dean are the most successful ice dancing partnership of our generation and brought huge integrity, skill and professionalism to the show and with their departure, it feels like the series has reached its natural end."

The final series of Dancing on Ice will be back in January 2014 to warm up your winter nights and promises to be the biggest and best ever. Get ready for more of your favourite celebrities performing sensational skating routines with top choreography and lots of surprises.

OFFICIAL SOURCE

Edited by Bren - 21 May 2013 at 08:44
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 09:55
What a shame as it's my favourite celeb show, but not a surprise really.

Wonder what crap will replace it though.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 18:09

I decided not to watch again after the Gareth debacle...

but I might do if it's going to be the last one.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 22:42
I have always loved this show ever since the 2006 Aussie version was on. Matt Evers has always been my favourite skater and he has been in every series as including the Aussie version. I have only seen the 2010 & 2011 series on pay TV here. ITV wouldn't allow the 2012 or 2013   series to be shown here. I have bought all available DVDs of the series and tours through Amazon UK. I will have to make sure I get next year's tour DVD.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 09:25
You didn't miss all that much the past 2 years Margi.
It's not nearly as good as it was in it's hey day.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 22:40
Originally posted by Jo Bird

That I think was the final nail in the coffin, it was bleddy AWFUL
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 09:02

Was it really that bad Jo? I'll have to read the thread on that.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 10:08
It was unacceptable for me.

Gareth wasn't able to fly without being sick...
yet he was pushed right up until the last minute.

Eventually he felt so ill he could hardly stand up.

I don't know why T&D didn't put a stop to it. 
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 19:36
I barely watched the last series and to be honest I think this is the right decision. It's felt like a show running out of steam for a couple of years to me.

I suppose it's too much to hope that for the 30th anniversary of Sarajevo, ITV might show the original routine instead of making poor old T&D do a "new" take? It'd guarantee them this "casual" viewer at least!
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 14:08

It was unacceptable for me.

Gareth wasn't able to fly without being sick...
yet he was pushed right up until the last minute.

Eventually he felt so ill he could hardly stand up.

I don't know why T&D didn't put a stop to it. 
He was ill for the best part of the week afterwards too.  It was such a shame as I really think he would have won it if he'd gone through.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 16:58
Totally agree eviesmum. Voting figures for the semis prove it.
I wonder if the producers were worried he might topple Beth.
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 15:21
Well after what happened in the Series gone by, this is no surprise really. I used to love this show but I'll be glad to see the back of it when it's over.
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
 Post Reply Post Reply