I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The McCanns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2013 at 07:59
Yes you're right Toots. I was rather quick to judge them.
I'm sure there are many dedicated officers on the case.

Edited by Jo Bird - 19 May 2013 at 07:59
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 01:38
Unpopular opinion here but I don't believe for a single minute that the McCanns don't know exactly what happened to Madeleine. The best place to start is Goncalo Amaral's book, The Truth of the Lie, which has been translated into English. It'll make your jaw drop:

http://goncaloamaraltruthofthelie.blogspot.co.uk/

If that's a bit too long, have a look at the documentary:

All information in both comes directly from the police files that were released to the public a few years ago; you can read them here:

http://www.mccannfiles.com/

Make sure you read the statements given by Dr Katerina Gaspar (a friend of the McCanns) and the Smith family, the father of whom is convinced it was Gerry McCann he saw carrying a child towards the sea on the evening of 3rd May, 2007.

Then we have the evidence of the EVR dogs, Eddie & Keela, who alerted to ELEVEN different items and locations relating ONLY to the McCanns, including Kate's clothes. You won't see that being published in a UK newspaper these days. The McCanns claim the dogs were mistaken and, according to Gerry, are "notoriously unreliable". Funny then, that the FBI don't seem to think so. In the last few years alone, the D'Andre Lane and Adrian Prout cases have secured convictions on the evidence of the dogs and in the absence of a body. In the case of Adrian Prout, the dogs' alerts were dismissed at one point, only for Adrian Prout to make a full confession which proved the dogs were spot on the whole time.

I would also direct anyone reading the police files to take a look at the statement of Yvonne Martin, a social worker who spoke fluent Portuguese and went to Portimao police station to offer her support and assistance with translations. Read side by side with the Gaspar statements, it's a real eye-opener.

Keep your eyes peeled for news of the upcoming libel trial against Goncalo Amaral in Lisbon. The McCanns, after Dr Amaral published The Truth of the Lie, decided to sue Amaral. Three Portuguese judges decided in Amaral's favour since the details in his book come directly from the police files. They also awarded costs against the McCanns. They were thrreatened with further legal action after failing to return all copies of Amaral's book that they had in their possession while the trial went ahead. The books were quickly returned. Still they pressed ahead with legal action against Amaral, thinking they could call his bluff. Amaral wouldn't give in and at the start of this year, the McCanns caved and asked for terms. Their terms, of course. Amaral would not budge (the man wants his day in court and I don't blame him) and a new trial is soon to be announced. Obviously you won't hear of this in the UK media but you can take it to the bank.

This is already a lengthy post so I won't go into the numerous lies told by the McCanns (if they're not barefaced liars then they have really terrible memories) -- you can read all about them in the files I've linked to above.

Don't let yourselves be taken in by Team McCann's propaganda and spin. Investigate it for yourselves, I guarantee you'll soon change your mind.

ETA: No one else has died in apartment 5A but we have cadaver odour and blood detected there after a child went missing, along 15 out of 19 DNA markers matching Madeleine's. There are so many anomalies I could into here but you're better off reading them for yourselves.

Edited by James - 03 June 2013 at 01:42
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 01:56
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Originally posted by Toots

told you so. Just come on Sky News about new suspects. Just a quick mention but lets hope we find something out about what happened.

Portugese police won't cooperate with Scotland Yard. 

Probably afraid all their mistakes will be exposed.

The Portuguese Policia Judiciaria have been working with a team from Scotland Yard for quite a while now in Porto. The claims about them refusing to co-operate are utter claptrap. Incidentally, the first suspicions that the McCanns were involved in Madeleine's disappearance came from Scotland Yard themselves in 2007.

What the McCanns should do, instead of trying to get people to buy tat from their online store, is get back to Portugal and do a reconstruction. They won't, because the timeline they provided doesn't stand up to scrutiny and leaves only a three minute window in which Madeleine could have been abducted. This means getting into the apartment through those noisy shutters while Gerry McCann and Jez Wilkins stand outside, grab Madeleine and get her out of the apartment through the shutter and away with her. All this while having enough time to do an excellent clean-up job, so good that not a shred of supporting evidence was found for the presence of an abductor. What was he doing, levitating?

Don't forget that Jane Tanner allegedly was within INCHES of McCann and Wilkins yet they didn't see her. When the timeline was hastily scribbled down in time for the police showing up (and remember they were called forty full minutes after Kate "discovered" Madeleine gone), Jane's sighting was included, yet she apparently didn't think to inform the McCanns that she'd seen something suspicious until the next day. So, we're being asked to believe that although her alleged sighting was written down in the timeline, the McCanns were entirely unaware of it until the next day even though they were present when the timeline was written. Does that make sense to anyone? This is one of the reasons why they refuse to do the reconstruction. Not that it's unhelpful and pointless (as they claim), but that they know good and well that if they do the reconstruction, their whole story falls apart and they're looking at porridge instead of tapas for quite some time.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2013 at 09:51
I've read the book too, James. Made very interesting reading. I think the Portuguese police have been treated very shabbily over here. 
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 18:08
I did watch all the portugese films  on the McCanns, re the cadaver/blood dogs etc...
I somehow tho can't believe Kate is involved now, or wouldn't she drop it, and go back in the background????.  a friend of mine,- her partner, said from day 1, it's Gerry that's involved.
I have no idea now, just a very sad story about the little girl.
I sometimes think they should let it go more, and enjoy their twins more, if she's still alive she may be discovered as an adult.

Surely the police over there can't be as bad as the police that were sent to the scene of the Oscar Pistorious incident???

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2013 at 21:18
Originally posted by deborah31

I did watch all the portugese films  on the McCanns, re the cadaver/blood dogs etc...
I somehow tho can't believe Kate is involved now, or wouldn't she drop it, and go back in the background????.  a friend of mine,- her partner, said from day 1, it's Gerry that's involved.
I sometimes think they should let it go more, and enjoy their twins more, if she's still alive she may be discovered as an adult.

Surely the police over there can't be as bad as the police that were sent to the scene of the Oscar Pistorious incident???

Here, here Deborah! I never believed it when I was told that in S. Africa if you had the money  could could buy anything, but it seems very likely that he will get away with it. Did you see her parents on channel 5 last night?
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
James View Drop Down
Blue God
Blue God
Performs All Own Stunts

Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 13:57
Originally posted by deborah31

The McCanns are riding the tiger and cannot dismount.

I'm not fussed if this makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist -- anyone vocalising concerns about Jimmy Savile's behaviour before he died was dismissed as a crackpot -- but when you look deeper into the case, there are far too many "coincidences" for them to BE coincidences.

Two questions I always have for anyone who believes the McCanns blindly:

1. If it was your child the McCanns had taken on holiday and the same thing had happened, would you accept their version of events?

2. For those who poo-poo the evidence of the dogs: if sniffer dogs detected explosives on a plane you were about to board, would you dispute their findings?

There is far more to this case than meets the eye and if I was religious I'd be praying it all comes out. The whole thing stinks.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 16:45
I think you've taken a logical viewpoint James.
and I'd answer no to both of your questions...

but my instinct is that Kate McCann isn't guilty.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
moonshine View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote moonshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2013 at 21:16
i always try to go with my gut feelings about people and in nine out of ten cases i am usually right and my gut says that someone who was on that holiday was involved i personally think that maybe maddie woke up saw something she shouldn't and it got out of hand i am not saying it was gerry or kate because i don't know but i do believe it involved one or two of the people that were there on holiday with them.....right from the start i had alarm bells ringing...and they still are  
moonshine
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2013 at 08:12
I still say, if the McCanns had lived on a 'problem' housing estate,  were unemployed and lived on benefits, they would have been investigated for child neglect. I still can't understand why they were not. If young Maddy is found alive, I shall be very, very pleased and very, very surprised.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2013 at 10:18
I'd be pleased, and surprised if she is alive tho, and surfaces happy, and well as a young adult, sadly i don't think this will happen.

It seems whatever happens, as the children had been left alone for several nights unharmed, it must of just been confirmed this was a safe and good idea, just to 'visit' them every half hour of so.
I still don't see why they couldn't of hired even one babysitter, and put all the children in one room even, altho I don't think the hire cost would of been a problem. I'm also surprised none of them took  a hired nanny with them. They could of relaxed and had a good time.

Having just come back from Bulgaria, I panicked if i lost sight  of my 13 year old for about 15 minutes (during daytime!!). When we went to the States on holidays when the children were pre-school, we didn't go anywhere without them, my husband wouldn't even hire a babysitter, from the local Babysitting companies, as how do you know they properly background checked?  But then i've always been a bit more paranoid, and untrusting of strangers ( I don't know why have no reason for this) I just know from reading newspapers there are a lot of evil people out there

Must just comment, on holiday  (not a child incident tho)I dropped a 10 leva note out of my pocket, a young Bulgarian man, tapped me on the shoulder, and handed it back to me ( I was unaware i had dropped it, put it in my pocket for market shopping) little things like this restore your faith in humanity, -after all the negative press reports, mostly involving men tho i have to say.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 17:24
I panic if I lose  sight of my dog in the woods. She's not the sharpest knife in the box and has no sense of direction.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2013 at 20:56
totally agree Toots cos they are drs they got away with a lot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12