I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The McCanns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The McCanns
    Posted: 07 May 2013 at 14:40
Summer is nearly here and soon the McCanns will be all over the media looking for Madelaine and who can blame them? The pain they have suffered is immeasurable and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. However, at the back of my mind I still have that nagging question.. Would an unemployed living-on-benefits on a sink estate couple be treated the same way? Wouldn't social services investigate why, when there was baby sitting service available they left 3 young children to go to a pub? It wasn't at the bottom of the garden as reported, although they could see the building from it, the room where the 3 children were sleeping was on the other side of the building, Why are there missing hours in the story? Why did Kate Mccann refuse to answer many questions?

I hope and pray that this year she will be found. Someone, and I think more than one person, knows where she is.  The relatives need to know so that they can get closure

Edited by Toots - 07 May 2013 at 14:41
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2013 at 18:28

Hey Toots. Good to see you again.

I've got mixed feelings about the case.

I believe the McCanns are innocent...
but they shouldn't have left the kids alone.

I always say a little prayer for Madeleine in May.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 14:22
As the years go by, I find I'm thinking that they are probably innocent too Jo. It wouldn't be in their best interests to keep on and on, if they weren't. Better to let it drop. Some people argue that this is a double bluff. I don't honestly know. What I do know, is that if they had acted like responsible parents it wouldn't have happened.

I have worked with many doctors who, when having a dinner party, would give their small children a dose of a mild sedative to keep them quiet for the night.  I'm not saying the McCanns did this because it is dangerous practice and the father  gives the impression of being quite sensible.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2013 at 19:27
I agree. The McCanns would give up if they were guilty.
I hope one day they will be reunited with their little girl.

Edited by Jo Bird - 08 May 2013 at 19:32
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 04:53
I suppose the events in Cleveland Ohio may give them some hope, as this is not the first time in the US that a kidnapped person has been found alive years later.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 06:24
That's exactly what we thought too Margi.If someone is holding her, then there is always hope. She was so young when she went though that she may well have bonded with her new family and forgotten that she is British.

Its strange how no one  has noticed her distinctive eye.
The Portuguese police have offered to reopen the case and work with the family but they have not been approached. You would have thought that they would have gone ahead wouldn't you? Without waiting for the family to request a complete overhaul of evidence and statements. The longer it is left the less  help it would be
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 16:12
Yes very sad she has not been found, I sadly don't think she is alive tho (I think I can imagine why tho they can't give up) and like mentioned if she is, she'll have no recollection of her previous family now.  I think Kate is innocent tho, wasn't too sure in the beginning like most and was very shocked she left them when they could of fallen/rolled out of bed or anything at such a young age.

I could never get over why they left 3 children under age 4 alone in a bedroom (doctors too??), we stayed in Lanzarote for a week when ours were approx 2.5 and 5, I hired a Spanish babysitter for one evening we went  out for a couple of hours  to meet friends- who'd had serious health problems  locally(who I hadn't seen for years- so an exceptional circumstance)- well before the Madeleine disappearance  she (babysitter) could hardly speak a word of English tho, had to relay everything thru the receptionist. Apart from the Language problem, the young woman (early 20's I'd say) was used /recommended by the hotel, and seemed very able- my two were already in bed anyway, good sleepers, so was happy enough for a couple of hours 'off'.  That is the only time I had left them overseas with an unknown, and everything went well.

I know quite a few GP's here (parents of my children's friends) they are just like other humans /parents tho, can also make mistakes.  Another couple of GP's overseas i knew, they had the filthiest house???-Remember a friend commentating on their floors!!
Sometimes i find too  , very clever /bright people, have little common sense, and are living in their own little bubbles/world?? just my opinion tho. It takes a shock like this to bring them back to reality,
 As i said i have no idea why they thought leaving them was a good idea??

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 09:01
The media seem to have put the parents on trial since day 1. Its worrying isn't it how much clout the media has. The Bulger mother was hated by them but the Payne mum treated well.
Strange world we live in
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 09:08
It's trial by media in alot of cases... and people often get a very raw deal.

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2013 at 09:04
It doesn't bear thinking about too closely does it? How the media &TV insidiously influence what we do, think, how we vote, how we shop etc, without us being aware of it. Take SCD; I'm sure that just by choosing which clips of training and selective interviews we see, influences how we vote.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 12:10
The Bulgars - from council estate in Kirkby which is why press treated them differently.  Has always made me uneasy this case though do not believe they had anything to do with her disappearance there are many questions unanswered 
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 15:38
told you so. Just come on Sky News about new suspects. Just a quick mention but lets hope we find something out about what happened.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Online Status: Online
  Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2013 at 22:21
Originally posted by Bren

The Bulgars - from council estate in Kirkby which is why press treated them differently.  Has always made me uneasy this case though do not believe they had anything to do with her disappearance there are many questions unanswered 
I agree, although I find Mrs Mccann really cold.  They were stupid to leave the children alone and to sedate them.
IMO because of the 6 years of press coverage I believe that she is dead as well. (She went missing about 3 weeks after E was born)
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 10:24
Originally posted by Eviesmum

Originally posted by Bren

I agree, although I find Mrs Mccann really cold.  They were stupid to leave the children alone and to sedate them.
IMO because of the 6 years of press coverage I believe that she is dead as well. (She went missing about 3 weeks after E was born)

I wish Mrs McCann would answer those questions and the whole lot of them explain what they were doing during that missing hour (was it?) ,  and why the cadaver dogs picked up a scent behind the sofa and also in the back of the car. If they explained all that, the search could move on and we could find out who took the little girl and why they went past 2 smaller sleeping children and took the older child.  If they would only answer these questions the whole of the UK and Portugal would feel sympathy for them, istead of finding them cold and emotionless
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 13:43
Originally posted by Toots

told you so. Just come on Sky News about new suspects. Just a quick mention but lets hope we find something out about what happened.
Portugese police won't cooperate with Scotland Yard. 
Probably afraid all their mistakes will be exposed.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2013 at 15:19
Originally posted by Jo Bird

Originally posted by Toots

Portugese police won't cooperate with Scotland Yard. 
Probably afraid all their mistakes will be exposed.

I'm afraid the whole of the Portugal police force has to suffer because of one officers unwise practice. Don't tar them all with the same brush Jo. There are many dedicated officers still not given up onthe McCann case, but what can they do without answers to many pertinent questions?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>