I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Voice v BGT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Voice v BGT
    Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 17:01

I prefer BGT. Heart warming and funny. Great panel of judges.

I loved the shadow theatre act last night. Very original indeed.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2013 at 21:37
We watch both in about half an hour each , don't watch any 'live' tho, would be too long.- start watching about 7pm, then by 10pm have seen everything including Dr. Who etc...... FF thru all the 'cringy' bits and adverts .
Next Saturday we'll be at the theatre tho, have tickets for 'Starlight Express' which i last saw maybe nearly 30 years ago in London.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 00:44
loved B GT and must admit loathe the voice mainly cos I thinnk it is ego trip for the judges and far too many acts on it that have already had chart success years ago

loved BGT opener and the shadow act

Enjoy your show!  love Starlight Express Debs had friend who performed in the German Show for a few years the show over there is a cult and the theatre was built just for Starlight so has  full track

my cousin Diane Langton sang on the original soundtrack before it was a show she did a lot of work with ALW over the years
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 12:11
hope it's good too, taking my 12 son who is a 'jock' and hates anything theatrical!!!!(don't think it's too bad to be forced out of your comfort zone now and again)- thought if any show he may relate to it as it's a race isn't it from memory.
it's on tour from london, but at the local theatre, first night i think couldn't go ahead tho, as problems with the set, had to resort to 'music production ??' only, so everyone can apply for their money back, hope it's fixed now.

I read the girl on BGT (singing slow song near the end, ) got turned down on the Voice last year?? only watch the beginning shows on the voice, and skip quite a bit of judges stuff, does my head in
Love Simon and David together tho on BGT, David has been a great asset to the show, and Alesha aint bad either (couldn't stand her on SCD tho)

Deb.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 12:59
I record BGT too so I can fast forward thru the duff acts and the ads.
Yes... I don't like the judges on The Voice... except Tom Jones.

Enjoy the show Deb. Hope your son does too Big%20smile

Edited by Jo Bird - 15 Apr 2013 at 13:00
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2013 at 21:30
I really dislike Simon Cowell so refuse to watch bgt but have seen the shadow dancers and that was brilliant.

Do quite like the Voice at the moment, although Jessie is getting a bit on my wick at the moment.

I'm going to see Starlight on Wednesday deborah.
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 00:28
Enjoy Starlight Express Deborah and Eviesmum. I would love to see it again, but don't know if it will ever be staged in Australia again.

We have Ricky Martin as the new coach this year on our version of the Voice. He replaced Keith Urban. He is so nice on the show.

Edited by MargiABC - 16 Apr 2013 at 00:32
 Post Reply Post Reply