I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Voting Figures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Voting Figures
    Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 19:17
Full list available on the website...
In the final Beth got 75% and Matt 25%

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2013 at 23:09
what website?
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2013 at 00:55
http://www.itv.com/dancingonice/news-and-gossip/voting-results/

Matt and Briane really weren't that popular throughout - they were bottom of the vote most weeks, though whether that's because people disliked Matt or whether because people didn't think they needed the votes being top remains to be seen.  

I do think in some ways these combined voting systems actually just encourage the public to save the weaker performers - if it was public vote alone they'd probably vote more for the top performers, rather than those near the bottom of the leaderboard who need saving.

They're never clear either about how they combine the votes either as there are many ways it could be done, not of all of which lead to the same outcome.   I think DoI do what Strictly does and base it on ranking (so 1 point for bottom of the vote and 1 point for bottom of the leaderboard, then points combined with any ties broken by the viewers vote).  

Dancing with the Stars in the US have a fairer method IMO of adding all the judges scores together then each star is scored as a percentage of the total score, with this then added to their percentage of the viewer vote.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 10:10
bloody knew Gareth would have done well in the final :(
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2013 at 12:52
Originally posted by Eviesmum

bloody knew Gareth would have done well in the final :(
I know! He would have made the final two... and done a great Bolero with Robyn Tongue
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 10:01
I saw the final and thought Beth was the winner. Surprised at the gap in the voting though. We thought we were the only two who found Matt's hollering and ambition off putting. Is it true that Brianne tweeted that he was the real winner?
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply