I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dancing on Ice Final Chat Thread 10/03/2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 23:51
Well, I'm not unhappy that it's finished. It's a shame as I love ice skating/ice dancing The formula just isn't working and the judges are so obviously biased from the start.

Thank you all for your company

See you all for Strictly :D
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 08:12
We watched the final because we were at a friends house. She  is, although she finds Dan annoying,  a Beth fan and wanted her to win. We were all surprised that that annoying soap star didn't win. The judges (quite wrongly in my opinion) were talking as if he had won, right from the start) Why is Dan so unpopular? When DOI started and hubby and I watched it regularly, we loved Dan. I can remember a shot of all the starts arriving in chauffeur driven cars and Dan coning on his moped!  Priceless. When he wasn't in the show, he used to work with his dad as a carpet fitter. Has he got a bit showbizzy then?

Jason's face when the camera cut to the judges after the result, was priceless.

We wouldn't have watched if we hadn't been visiting, but have to say, apart from the Bolero, it wasn't bad. Don't think we could watch it week in week out though.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 09:21
I like Dan but I do feel he's had a better deal than most of the pros.
Perhaps this is why pros move on... Alex and Lucaz come to mind.

Edited by Jo Bird - 11 Mar 2013 at 09:22
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2013 at 10:33
Right, I finally caught up with last night's Final. I have to say, out of all of the Finals I've seen, I was so underwhelmed and it's probably because of what happened to Gareth who I wanted to win as well. That's three times that Dan has won this show...it's time for him to go now.

But nonetheless, I do have the Series 8 Tracklist which I'll post on a new thread shortly.
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 00:33
Originally posted by deborah31

Originally posted by Eviesmum

Hayley
that's it, Hayley Tamaddon, or someone or other, a soapie then.- she reminded me a bit of Bonnie Langford, i know she did the show sometime too, but no idea who her partner was  (was it Dan too??)
Has he always had young partners then, able to win it???

deb.xox
Bonnie was with Matt Evers.  In the same series Dan won with Gaynor.
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 22:51
I think it stems back from that first series - Gaynor didn't deserve to win at all and from there on in Dan just seemed to always be paired with people that lasted a little bit longer than they should.   Hayley did deserve the win but was mighty annoying, and while Beth was there and there about all series it wasn't so much consistency that got her the title but pulling something out of the bag when it really mattered.  

Rewatched the routines tonight and still unconvinced Matt deserved any tens for his routines - 9s and 9.5s yes, but certainly not a perfect score.   He really screwed up the Bolero too - Beth and Dan just nailed the passion of it perfectly while Matt's was all about tricks, and that isn't what the Bolero is about.

A throwaway comment perhaps but saw a quote from Chris and Jayne at the weekend suggesting next year the celebs may change partners every week.   Not sure that would work and doubt it would bring in any extra viewers - personally I just think the show needs a deep clean like Strictly had a couple of years back.   It's not about throwing twists in or changing the judges (I'd keep the same panel next year) - it's really just about getting back to basics and putting on a show.   I don't even think the calibre of celeb matters too much - within a couple of weeks you're judging more on their performance than their celebrity.

Also would like to see more from the pros next year - they've lost out a bit this year with the celebs being in the opening routines and thought it was unfair that only the male pros featured in the Bolero routine on Sunday.   Also the intros on to the ice have been cut and sometimes (like at the beginning of the final) only the celebs were introduced, and not their partners.

And going back to doing the basics right it's only a little touch but I thought it was a shame the brief glimpse of the next pair to skate before the VTs were dropped this year, and although I think the judges announcing their scores makes sense I'd rather get the immediate reaction from the skaters rather than having the judges comments first.

Edited by Brekkie - 14 Mar 2013 at 22:58
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 10:53
I think also what didn't help , was the big 'star' being voted off week one!!
I didn't even see her skate, think it was about the 4th week, before I realised DOI was on on a Sunday evening again.
So poor Matt Evers didn't have a good year this year.
The main problem for me is Sunday evenings and all the adverts, plus topped by Christine Bleak-one, I'm not inclined to sit about and wait all evening to see a skate of about 1.5 minutes each time, and then have to look at Jason's face, and listen to his personal criticisms.
I'll never watch it live, simply cos of the Adverts, I watched Ant and Dec for the first time last SAturday (so funny must say) but watched it an hour or so delayed, so can skip all the ads etc...) I like continuity and ad breaks ruin it for me (I know some people like the adverts- I don't)
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2013 at 10:03
Originally posted by deborah31

I think also what didn't help , was the big 'star' being voted off week one!!
I didn't even see her skate, think it was about the 4th week, before I realised DOI was on on a Sunday evening again.
So poor Matt Evers didn't have a good year this year.
The main problem for me is Sunday evenings and all the adverts, plus topped by Christine Bleak-one, I'm not inclined to sit about and wait all evening to see a skate of about 1.5 minutes each time, and then have to look at Jason's face, and listen to his personal criticisms.
I'll never watch it live, simply cos of the Adverts, I watched Ant and Dec for the first time last SAturday (so funny must say) but watched it an hour or so delayed, so can skip all the ads etc...) I like continuity and ad breaks ruin it for me (I know some people like the adverts- I don't)

I'm like you Deb, I didn't watch it either but I read that Pamela Anderson was out week one and wondered why the voting hadn't been fixed.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345