I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > News and Views
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oscar Pistorius

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oscar Pistorius
    Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 19:33
I want to believe it was an accident... but I have my doubts.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Catwoman View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue
Dan's Diva

Quote Catwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2013 at 23:41
I agree I began having doubts when I listened to the magistrates was giving details of the incident.  Seriously if you went on the balcony how can you not hear someone get up and go to the toilet??
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 11:47
If you have a partner in the house with you, surely isn't the first thing you do is check they're safe???!!! Especially before you go blasting off a gun 4TIMES???!!!

Don't think he would of got bail in any other country in the world would he??
He fired the shots, whether he shot an intruder or his girlfriend, men have gone to prisoner in this country for defending themselves (with reasonable force)against (armed?) intruders in defence.  Suppose it's slightly different in a gun rife country.

How stupid tho was he, shooting before checking, or at least waiting for an answer from someone in the toilet/bathroom.
I'm sorry but maybe I'm the only one who doesn't agree with the bail in this casel
Only one winner (or maybe more) is the Lawyers in this case.  Kerching!

Just reminds me of the OJ Simpson case, he'll probably be found 'innocent' (maybe that should read 'stupid') and get let off!!!
Money will get him the best defence team.

Poor Reeva and her family, I don't think i would be as forgiving as they appear to be.

Angry

I slightly went off  in a big way, Oscar at the Paralympics, as he let his guard down, and threw an almightly strop when he only got silver, never once congratulating the winner.
Sadly I don't think he's the brightest button intellectually.
Whatever an innocent has been gunned down and killed.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 12:15
I hope the truth will come out... whatever it is...
and justice will be done for everyone involved.

Edited by Jo Bird - 23 Feb 2013 at 12:16
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
BCfan View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BCfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2013 at 19:04
there is no doubt in my mind, that this is a domestic violence situation.  There has been talk for a while that Oscar has a "dark side".  it is not unknown for those who behave in this way, to show a 'respectable' side to the outside, but who are completely different behind closed doors.  I am afraid, all the tears and the head bowed etc., did not sway me.  I too, think this will be like an O J Simpson situation.  Money can buy the best legal team, and their job is to ensure that their client comes away with the best result possible.  The prosecution were inept, and basically threw away that bail hearing.  I can also understand the prosecution saying no more in terms of the evidence that they have; they cxxxed up the Bail Hearing, and they need to ensure that they do a professional job in the actual court case. The country seems to want to play on the fact that this man is one of their national heroes, and seems to be turning a blind eye to other aspects, which may warrant a bit more research.  There was one earlier report, that Reeva was locked in the bathroom with her overnight bag??  Why would you have such a thing in a bathroom.  Earlier reports also said her skull was crushed.  At that time, there was no suggestion that the bat had been used on the door only. Lots more, but I guess it will be better aired in a court.
I very much doubt Oscar is at the home of his relatives with his head bowed tonight. 
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 13:52
I'm open minded about what happened, the reporting to the press and the prosecution has been a bit of a shambles.

Not sure he should have bail either but for totally different reason to those listed above.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 22:46
After watching the tv programme today 'Pistorious- the key questions'
- I think it could be very likely Oscac Pistorious will walk away from this a free man (excuse the pun)
It looks like it could be who has the best lawyer also.
It may all hang on the angle /trajectory of the bullets tho, and whether or not it will prove he didn't put on his false legs/prosthetics, and therefore if it was not  pre-meditated.
Also the two mobile phones in the bathroom are a puzzle too that needs solving.

It is is proven when they show the door in court, he was on his 'stumps' as he said, I think he will get the result of 'culpable homicide' which in S.A. means he could serve a minimum sentence if any, and get off very lightly.

Whatever the result, Reeva Steenkamp is still dead.
Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 20:47
This is getting hard to avoid on the TV isn't it??
Anytime i switch to a news channel, to pick up some news, it's all this!!

I wish it had not been a public trial, I don't see what , we- the public, gain from this insight into S.A. law (unless you're studying some form of law) Im not interested in this terrible crime, or watching her poor parents suffering in the courts day in day out.

He is South African, where he commited the crime , on another South African citizen.
I know he's an International person/athlete of interest, but it's just gonna be an 'OJ outcome' imo.

Now the Dewani guy (British) who has finally been flown to S.A. for the murder of his new wife Anni, (Swedish?- but of Indian descent ) I would like to hear the truth about that!
Wouldn't like to be in a South African jail for any crime however petty myself!
If/allegedly he did arrange it, he'll be wishing he did it in England!!! (and serving a cushier number!!!!)
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 09:37
Agree Deb no need for the case to be televised. Just let the jury do their job without the cameras.
andreweeyor View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote andreweeyor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2014 at 19:50
I agree with everyone here.
I Love Blogging. Yeah, right, so...did you see the football last night.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 19:24
Cleared of murder. I wonder if he'll walk free tommorow...
 Post Reply Post Reply