I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reality TV > Dancing on Ice 2013
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Week 5 Chat Thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 20:01
agree joe and Samia the ones who should be in skate off but hard to predict who will be
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 20:03
So the Leveller, a twist they said last week the show had never done before, was just a 30-second solo spot in a routine, something they've done every year, though usually not till the final 4.    I hope they reinstate the completely solo routine for the semi-final this year too - it worked so well IMO in 2011 in highlighting the celebs in the semi finals who really could skate and hadn't literally been carried through by their partner, so was a shame when they dropped it last year in favour of rehashing the Ultimate Skills Test.

As for tonight's show - Beth stole the show really and Joe should go, but will probably get saved and then either Samia or possibly Luke will go instead, or maybe Cheggers time will be up.   Matt was great too, though made me laugh when Chris said it was the first time they'd ever used Classical Music - apart from every bloody final then Chris.    I didn't think Gareth's routine were as good as the scores suggested.

A better show overall tonight IMO - though hate it when the shoehorn a Torvill and Dean routine into the middle of the show.   If they're not going to open with it then put it in the skate off show instead.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 20:43
woo Keith safe
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 20:49
For all the weeks that I would have liked to see Matt in the final two this wasn't the one!

I suspect that Shane will go unless Matt completely stuffs it up but neither of them should be in the last two tonight. This is one thing that I hate about shows like this
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 20:51
Out of the two I prefer Shane overall but don't think that his routine helped him at all. I doubt that the stumble will hurt Matt but I'd rather him go than Shane
Before you criticise someone walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticise them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 20:56
what a farce that Joe ad samia not in bottom 2

being geared up for another Dan win
Bren View Drop Down
Vintage Vamp
Vintage Vamp
Private Dancer

Quote Bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 21:00
In week one they said if you make mistake you have to go (Pam) double standards tonight
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 21:00
Wrong people in the skate off but the right result - Matt completely styled out the fall and had so much more content in it than Shayne.   If they were being marked Matt would probably only lose 0.5 or 1.0 for the fall, and he was at least that above Shayne.

Half way through now then so who do we think for the final three.   Matt, Gareth and Beth seem the obvious three, but there is often a wildcard who nabs that third spot.   Joe absolutely shouldn't get it, while considering his skate off appearances so far I'm not sure Keith has the public support.   Luke just isn't quite good enough - so maybe Samia is still in with a shout as tonight shows she has the public support and with the right routine she can get the marks too.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 21:22
Originally posted by Bren

In week one they said if you make mistake you have to go (Pam) double standards tonight

Sounds to me like they are making the rules up as they go along, or bending them when appropriateWink
Seems like they want Matt to stay in the comp no matter what.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 21:56
People far to quick to scream fix.   If you watch both of those skate offs it is absolutely clear that Pamela hadn't done enough in her routine for her falls not to be a factor compared to Keith's clean skate, while tonight Shayne just didn't have the content to beat Matt despite his fall - which was little more than a stumble really.
deborah31 View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac

Quote deborah31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 22:01
presume Shane didn't have a 'clean' skate then either,
will have to watch, try to see it thru Robin's eyes!!!
(specsavers, 2 for 1) ha..ha..
it's only an entertainment show tho isn't it, so did it really matter who went to the GBP?
not me anyway.

Loose Lips, Sink Ships !!   or as they say in Jamaice, 'Mouth open, Story fly out!'
TashaK View Drop Down
Enticer
Enticer

Quote TashaK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 06:17
To be fair, as much as I don't like the way that Matt skates there was more content and difficulty in his routine. They do need to work on his posture and his overall way of skating though, I don't find it pleasant to watch.

Neither of them should have been in the bottom two and this is where I get bored with programmes like SCD and DOI. I watch because I like dancing and skating, not because I want to watch the slebs, but then I don't fit the demographic that they're aiming for I suppose.

Beth came into her own tonight but will be back stuck onto Dan next week which is a shame. Samia may get the kick up the backside that she needs to progress, she had a bad skate and survived, it will show what she's made of one way or another. Luke really came through tonight and Gareth too. I've been impressed with Keith, he's much better than I ever expected. I like the energy that Joe puts into it but, realistically, his time should be up.

They seem to be targetting Matt and Beth for the final but it's going to depend how the others progress. That's the thing about skating, you can suddenly 'get' it and progress quite quickly which is where I wouldn't rule anyone out at this stage. Matt started good but hasn't improved as much as the others, someone could easily come up and overtake him.

As you say, though, it's an entertainment show so anything could happen.
Eviesmum View Drop Down
Nymphomaniac
Nymphomaniac
Twilight Mad

Quote Eviesmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:11
Originally posted by Bren

what a farce that Joe ad samia not in bottom 2

being geared up for another Dan win
To be fair, Beth can really skate well though, so if she wins then I won't mind.  She's one of the better girls that's been on the show over the the years.

Last night result was ridiculous.

Although I felt the judges changed the rules for that then.  I never thought I'd say this, but I agreed with Jason.

Isn't a stumble why Pam went and why Sinitta went a few years ago?
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:25
Beth, Gareth and Matt are the best skaters but I doubt they'll be the final three.
It depends if they do the team skate this year and who is on the winning team.

I'd say it will be Beth plus Gareth/Matt plus Samia/Luke for the final.

Edited by Jo Bird - 04 Feb 2013 at 12:27
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
killersbee View Drop Down
Royal Blue
Royal Blue

Quote killersbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 16:05
Well, who saw that one coming?!

Never expected Shayne & Matt to be in the skate-off this early...common sense has gone right out the window then.
Catwoman: "For one if I was a bloke, I would not flirt with you two. I have standards."
Toots: "If I had a figure like Ola's, I'd wear that outfit to Sainsburys!"
Brekkie View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote Brekkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 22:50
Originally posted by Eviesmum

Last night result was ridiculous.

Although I felt the judges changed the rules for that then.  I never thought I'd say this, but I agreed with Jason.

Isn't a stumble why Pam went and why Sinitta went a few years ago?

Oh come on.   Pamela fell twice and didn't have enough extra content to win over Keith.   Last night Matt stumbled (he didn't fall flat on his face) but then went straight into a lift and the routine was packed with technical aspects and all sorts of moves, while Shayne had very little content in his routine in comparison.   Anybody watching objectively (rather than crying out for a fix as many viewers seem to do nowadays) could see that even with the near-fall Matt had the better routine and skated far, far, better than Shayne.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>