I'm a celebrity get me out of hereThe X-Factor 2010Dancing On Ice 2011Big Brother 2011SCD 2012 ForumDancing with the Stars 2011

Big Brother 2013 Forum

The Blue Room Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Chat
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Australian Open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BambionIce View Drop Down
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Online Status: Offline
  Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 19:22
Originally posted by Toots

Originally posted by BambionIce

And now Laura's beaten Kvitova, tooClapSounds like a pretty error-strewn match, but you can only beat what's put up in front of you.

I can't remember the last time I've been so hopeful about British women's tennis - Wade and Barker in the mid 1970s, most likely!

Ginny & Sue had you on the edge of your seats didn't they Bambi?... for all the wrong reasons too. When they were good they were excellent but on a bad day they were excruciating As were mark Cox and Roger Taylor. We have suffered for our sport over the years haven't weBig%20smile
You're not kidding, Toots!  Both Laura and Heather seem to have a real fighting spirit about them, which is something I've not said about the British women in a while!

Pity they're both out now: I do like Radwanska, though, she's such a clever player.  And Andy's looking good (as is Djokovic!)

Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 11:39
Too true Bambi! They were thoroughly 'good eggs, jolly hockey sticks types' weren't they and ever such plucky little losers?  The girls we have now, have the killer instinct as does Andy Murray.  It's no longer a case of they might win Wimbledon but WHEN they win it.

Laura has nothing to be ashamed of going out of the tournament, she played well and showed great promise for the future.

We are pretty busy around the house just now, and I can't post as much as I would like to, but happy New Year to one and all.
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2013 at 12:30
Great to see Murray go thru to the last eight.
He needs to up his game now. C'mon Andy!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 19:02
Really hope Murray makes the final now.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 07:31
Azarenka

Was Azarenka's time out a ploy? Was it gamesmanship? Her screaming certainly put off her opponent. I've suffered with back problems for years and they are no joke, especially spasms but her recovery was nothing short of miraculous  and the murmurings since, from tennis fans,have gradually built overnight
Inside every elderly person there is a young person wondering what the hell happened
doctordancingdiva View Drop Down
Virgin
Virgin

Quote doctordancingdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 11:01
Come on Andy!!!!!!
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 13:03
Fabulous win against Federer. Well done Andy Clap

VA definitely took too much time out Toots.
Hope Li Na beats her in the final tomorrow.

Edited by Jo Bird - 25 Jan 2013 at 13:05
Virgin
Virgin

Quote doctordancingdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 14:57
Fantastic Andy. Good luck in the final. We are all rooting for you.
Toots View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Toots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 16:00
Yeeee Har!!!!!  he did itClapClapDance

Bring it on!
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 19:27
Fantastic stuff from Andy - a year ago I'm not sure he would have come through that!ClapBounce
Think Djokovic is still favourite but I prefer it that way - I'm always more nervous when a Brit's the favourite for anything - but whatever the rankings say I reckon he's ahead of Federer as a challenger now.

First up though - cheering Li Na on in the ladies' final.  I want to like Azarenka, she seems a pleasant character off the court, but honestly - that noise!  Enough to scare the horses, not to mention put off the poor woman on the other side of the net!

Virgin
Virgin

Quote doctordancingdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 08:39
I agree Bambionice. I wish they could bring in some kind of rule about players who make all that noise. It must be terrible to play against them.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2013 at 12:02
I agree Bambi. Murray has edged past Federer as a player.

I can't believe the women's final stopped for the fireworks.
Why not schedule the match a couple of hours earlier? Ermm
MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 11:06
I didn't watch the women's final. They must of been Australia Day fireworks.

I am watching the men's final now. I think its going to be a long night. They just did a close up on Murray's feet between sets. Poor man - he must be in pain with the blisters and loose skin.
Penis FlyTrap
Penis FlyTrap

Quote BambionIce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 12:25
The commentators warned about the firework break well before it happened and I just thought "What?"
How unfair on the players is that!  I really don't see why they couldn't start earlier to avoid the clash! They were pretty impressive fireworks, though!

Well played by Andy today; I don't think anybody, Federer and Nadal included, could have beaten Djokovic playing like that. He's just a complete freak, isn't he? How in Heaven's name does the human body do that?

On another point - I do hope Nadal comes back strongly.  It won't be easy after the time out and all the knee problems, but if anyone can do it, Rafa's probably he man!

MargiABC View Drop Down
Rampant Rabbit Fan
Rampant Rabbit Fan

Quote MargiABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 14:20
You could see Murray trying so hard in the last set, but you could see it wasn't going to happen for him.

Djokovic has won his 3 Australian Open in a row. A fantastic effort.
Jo Bird View Drop Down
Will Sell Body for Cash
Will Sell Body for Cash

Quote Jo Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 14:59
Great effort from Murray... especially with those blisters.
To be honest the one I really want him to win is Wimbledon.

If Rafa comes back fully fit I imagine he'll win the French Open.

Edited by Jo Bird - 27 Jan 2013 at 15:00
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>